Guys who say you'll never get married.

Because marriage is stupid. Women often get compensated too much in a divorce. Now, I’m not someone who thinks a housewife should just get zero alimony after a divorce. I understand that they forgo work experience to stay at home - experience that, if they had it, would result in a higher wage at whatever job they had to get after divorce. And that their contributions to the household also have substantial market value. But they get too much often times.

Also, once women get married, they know there is a huge price to pay for their husband to divorce them, and that they have him trapped. So they let themselves go, aren’t as interested in sex, don’t want to watch the fights anymore, or do any of the fun things they pretended to like during courtship.

That said, I am married. It’s tough keeping a woman around when she knows you won’t marry her. That is all they want in life. That and usually kids. That is their entire goal. And you can only string them along for so long.

I dunno been married to my wife for 10 years and known her for 16 years with 2 boys and gonna try for a 3rd

when u find the one, then its all worth it, even the risk that it could all go south

just fight for your marriage and itll be alright

Nobody really believes in marriage, anymore, in our culture. Nobody bats an eye at divorce. It's the norm, not the exception. All marriage does is complicate the termination of a relationship that is otherwise the same rose by any other name. Think about it. The only meaningful signification of marriage is the promulgation to your family, friends, and the world that you belong to this woman, and she belongs to you. You are announcing to other suitors to keep their hands off, and to those who know you that you have made a promise to keep your hands to your spouse, too. You are declaring your promise: your commitment.

But what gravity is there to that when nobody really expects people to treat their marriages differently than long-term committed relationships-- even in ending them? When everyone is understanding when you renege on your promise? This promise is hollow. A commitment that may be casually revoked is no commitment at all.

So what's the point of formalizing something that has no genuine meaning?

Nobody really believes in marriage, anymore, in our culture. Nobody bats an eye at divorce. It's the norm, not the exception. All marriage does is complicate the termination of a relationship that is otherwise the same rose by any other name. Think about it. The only meaningful signification of marriage is the promulgation to your family, friends, and the world that you belong to this woman, and she belongs to you. You are announcing to other suitors to keep their hands off, and to those who know you that you have made a promise to keep your hands to your spouse, too. You are declaring your promise: your commitment.

But what gravity is there to that when nobody really expects people to treat their marriages differently than long-term committed relationships-- even in ending them? When everyone is understanding when you renege on your promise? This promise is hollow. A commitment that may be casually revoked is no commitment at all.

Word man. The 60s claimed that society was hallow. Yet the dirty hippies are the ones who hallowed out everything we had and never filled it back up with anything.
We are a society that never faced true adversity, and now creates conflict to fill that hole. We never had to keep our words, so our word is meaningless.
Could we start a neo Amish community? where we rebuild things that were good from the past and stop allowing new age crap to pollute society?

If a guy comes up to me and says I’ll never get married will get a high five

I was 38 when this thread was made and now 40 but I'm getting married finally. I'm glad I waited. I still stand by what I said about finding someone that makes more money than you if you're so worried about losing half your shit... It's not that hard in 2019.

One of the big benefits is that I'm going to jump on her insurance that she gets through her cush government job. $25 a month for health insurance for the two of us is a no brainier. Better than The shit I pay $140 a month for now.
I was 38 and 4 days married and on my honeymoon when this thread was made and am now 40, separated, heading to divorce and custody battle...

I feel bad for those guys. A bunch of guys on this board say they will never have kids or get married or live with a woman.

They talk about how they won’t let a woman take half of their salary from Burger King or red lobster.

They keep on citing divorce statistics.

I think they have just been really badly hurt by women and are afraid to try to love again.

I’ve hurt more women than I dare say. I’ve broken more hearts and I have a kid from a previous relationship that dissolved, my own fault.

And I still have issues deciding on which woman I want to settle down with. I want a wife and family someday, that should be the goal for everyone.

Almost every successful person has a wife and family.

Don’t you know having your own family is the greatest joy in a mans life?
I think you can have a family and not be married.

I was 7 years with my ex. We bought a house and 2 cars together. We didn't have children (because it was not the right time) but along with our 3 cats it felt like a family and it felt like a home.

Then we split in good terms. It was almost no paperwork and we could move with our lifes right away.
We still catch up from time to time and I consider her a friend.

I'm looking forward to do it again (this time with children) and I don't feel I need to be married for that. I don't need a wedding, a honeymoon or signed papers.

To each his own. I respect people who wants to get married but it has zero meaning for me.

Oh... and I think the most important thing is to find the right partner. I see guys here talking about how much money their women get, about the value half of things, custody war, etc. I feel really sorry for them.

I don't want to spend a load of money on a day, when I could use that money for a mortgage, or go travelling.

My parents divorced when I was young and I was never exposed to romance or relationships growing up, so I place no value in weddings.

You know, you can get married without doing the whole extravagant, expensive, wedding thing.

I was 38 and 4 days married and on my honeymoon when this thread was made and am now 40, separated, heading to divorce and custody battle...
Damn broseph, I'm sorry to hear that. Especially because you have a kid with her.

Also, once women get married, they know there is a huge price to pay for their husband to divorce them, and that they have him trapped. So they let themselves go, aren’t as interested in sex, don’t want to watch the fights anymore, or do any of the fun things they pretended to like during courtship.

That is definitely true.

I always say, I can't imagine what Jeff Bezos had to go through before his marriage. He'd probably have an easier time in hell!

I think it's a bit different from a woman's perspective.

If you are dating a woman for too long, people (particularly her family) will begin panicking and asking "when are y'all gonna tie the knot?"

To them, her market value is waning, while a male's is increasing.

This means if you have been dating a girl for a long time and she begins pushing 30, there is the risk that you can just leave her for the next young hottie and she'll be a 30 year old woman trying to find a guy to settle down with before she's too old to bear children.

Marriage is sort of like an insurance that eases people's minds. You can't just say "I'm leaving you for the blonde intern at my job" overnight... not without consequences at least.

Dude good luck with the custody battle. They suck ass.

Damn broseph, I'm sorry to hear that. Especially because you have a kid with her.
Thanks, not only do we have twins together, but she's pregnant now.

Back