Guys who say you'll never get married.

Before I started seeing my wife I didn't see any benefit to it. I didn't want kids, I didn't want to be with any of the women I'd been with for the rest of my life. That started to change after dating my wife for a little while.

Bareback creampies? I hear ya bro.

Because marriage is stupid. Women often get compensated too much in a divorce. Now, I’m not someone who thinks a housewife should just get zero alimony after a divorce. I understand that they forgo work experience to stay at home - experience that, if they had it, would result in a higher wage at whatever job they had to get after divorce. And that their contributions to the household also have substantial market value. But they get too much often times.

Also, once women get married, they know there is a huge price to pay for their husband to divorce them, and that they have him trapped. So they let themselves go, aren’t as interested in sex, don’t want to watch the fights anymore, or do any of the fun things they pretended to like during courtship.

That said, I am married. It’s tough keeping a woman around when she knows you won’t marry her. That is all they want in life. That and usually kids. That is their entire goal. And you can only string them along for so long.
I was with my previous gf for nine years and proposed to her... we broke up three weeks later. It was dumb to even go there in the first placing knowing that we weren't really right for each other. We stayed together out of convenience and because we were still good friends. It's too bad it took us getting engaged to expedite the break up process when we should have years before.

One of the big things was that she wanted kids and I didn't but we kept sweeping that under the rug.

I told my current soon to be wife about a year ago... if you want kids, you better dump my ass right now because it's not happening with me. I wanted to be clear about that from the get go. Fortunately we're on the same page with that as she was 90 percent sure on not having them either. Being with me made her decision easier because she knew I didn't for sure. She knows I don't want a bait and switch either so it's not like she'd lie only for it to ruin our relationship later.

Was married 15 years not doing it again. Being a le to do what I want when I want..... I have gotten used. Have gf that comes over weekends.

I don't have anything against the institution or those who believe in it, but I'm ill suited for domesticity.

Which is exactly why I ask, "Why bother?" What positive changes can I expect if we get married?

Why spend the money on a ceremony that neither of us want and make matters far more complicated by involving the law in making our relationship "official"?

It depends on your jurisdiction, but getting married can *simplify* your lives in some respects.

Right now I think you have the worst of both worlds. You still have the division of assets and child custody issues that a lot of posters are complaining about with respect to marriage, but depending on the jurisdiction where you live, you may not have any rights concerning medical and end of life decisions or even visitation rights. If you don't have wills then you might not be the executor etc.

I feel like I already gave it a good shot, I was engaged and we lived together for 4 years then it became miserable. Ever since then I love being on my own, answering to no one and doing whatever I want to do when I'm not working. BUT she is an alcoholic from Boston so maybe I'm just tainted.....

Any person can turn into a scumbag once problems, money, properties and discontentment etc. comes in.

This is pretty arbitrary but man, totally not. I would and do, I'm basically borderline as a baseline but my wife? Nah, there are people in this world who can't help being honest and decent.

Speak to any married guy, I think we all have varying degrees of happiness but we generally envy single guys. If it wasn’t for kids a lot more marriages would bite the dust.

I may get married down the road, but not any time soon. I was in a long term relationship until some months ago.

Almost 41, and the place I am in my life, (doing well enough for me), I just feel I’m hitting stride in my prime, and I’m good with the rhythm of things for now.

I’m happy enough just flirting or dating and not getting too serious or movin in type shit.
I’m currently happy with that for now. Like anything else will change again in due time.

Gonna get a bigger dog prolly sometime early next year though.

Last edited:
I may get married one day but NEVER with out a prenup

last serious girlfriend I told that to said she was fine with it but gave the silent treatment for the next few days.

"I just want you to believe a prenup wouldn't matter because we will be together forever"

I say "I hope thats true, but just in case. people change. its either prenup or no marriage, this is something I can't bend on"

we broke up like 2 months later. which I find fucking hilarious

I may get married one day but NEVER with out a prenup

last serious girlfriend I told that to said she was fine with it but gave the silent treatment for the next few days.

"I just want you to believe a prenup wouldn't matter because we will be together forever"

I say "I hope thats true, but just in case. people change. its either prenup or no marriage, this is something I can't bend on"

we broke up like 2 months later. which I find fucking hilarious

Lol

You're well rid of that.

Congrats

I've been with the same girl for 7/8 years.. we don't want kids and we really don't like jewelry..

I think I decided early on it wasn't something I gave a shit about but I actually almost did get married in 2007 which sort of reinforced my hesitancy toward marriage because I would have been assuredly divorced by now and maybe like 50 to 100 grand poorer from a divorce.

Here’s the thing the I’m never getting married crowd needs to understand. From day one, girls are told that all that is expected of them in life is to find a husband. They watch Disney movies about it, Jane Austen movies, etc. It is a deeply intrenched part of their identity. So not many girls are going to stick around when you dash their dreams of achieving their ultimate goal in life.
I mean, nobody expects them to have a career, live in their own, or be self sufficient. Parents appreciate it when they do. But all parents really want to see is that their daughter gets married.

Here’s the thing the I’m never getting married crowd needs to understand. From day one, girls are told that all that is expected of them in life is to find a husband. They watch Disney movies about it, Jane Austen movies, etc. It is a deeply intrenched part of their identity. So not many girls are going to stick around when you dash their dreams of achieving their ultimate goal in life.
I mean, nobody expects them to have a career, live in their own, or be self sufficient. Parents appreciate it when they do. But all parents really want to see is that their daughter gets married.

That's all irrelevant though. I haven't ruled out marriage completely, but just by keeping in shape and making alot of money, I'll never be in a position where I can't bang a different girl every week.

Will I be able to pull girls from tinder or bars when I'm 50 in places like New York? Most likely not (at least nowhere like I can now), but the world is a big place and there are a lot of women out there.

I'll never get married just for the sake of it being normal or a fear of not being able to get girls (as it just doesn't exist for me), so the main motivation for marriage in my eyes is to start a family, or if I develop a bond with someone that I don't want to break.

If I get married, it will most likely be in my 40s

I love being married, my wife is awesome. My girlfriend is awesome too, I would marry her if anything went bad with my wife.

Last edited:
i will be surprised if it happens
nothing against the idea, i just know women too good to trust any of them with the time of day i decide to let my guard down.

Back