Gustafsson vs. Johnson

he threw an amateur front kick....he was way to close and he didnt protect his face, he didnt set it up, i would be scared as fk if i would have to fight someone like rumble with no setup at all.

It's funny Rumble dropped Arlovski the same way.

So basically Rumble said that he hard Gus corner say "front kick" and Rumble planned on countering that.

Dammit guys talk swedish to Gus

In hindsight makes you think how Phil Davis can take a shot or just Rumble got pissed at the eye poke.

Hopefully you're not wrong in Aldo vs Mcgregor a guy. Sherdog will become too stupid to handle.

once davis realizes he can't wrestle a guy, he stops committing to his strikes, stops consistently throwing them and begins to "run"; gus was trying to fight back, not hold on or get away. He caught johnson w/a few clean shots as johnson rushed in..davis plays safety first; he is only taking soo many chances, if any at all..

also johnson's power is legit; i can't believe welterweights used to have to take this dudes shots, good god...he damn near sending lhw to the morgue, i surprised he didn't kill ww

This is why you should tilt back a little when you throw front kicks at that range.

So basically Rumble said that he hard Gus corner say "front kick" and Rumble planned on countering that.

Dammit guys talk swedish to Gus

Yeah, seriously. How do you throw away an advantage like that? Or make an agreement with your corner where whatever they say in English is a lie and everything in Swedish is the real deal.

I have a ton of crow to eat.

Rumble is an animal. His power is life changing. All aboard the hype train I guess, choo choo!

I told you his movement/footwork is underrated. God damn, it was still even better that I had feared. :icon_cry2 The way he cut angles was damn impressive, no one has done that to Alex, not even close. That time at Blackzilianz has turned him into a spectacular stand up fighter. I hope people now start view him a lot more versatile and skilled striker than before.

I need a clear video to be sure, but I'm almost certain that Johnson dropped Gus with the help of a nasty clash of heads.

That was an interesting fight. Gustafsson didn't seem to know how to deal with Johnson's right hand.

I need a clear video to be sure, but I'm almost certain that Johnson dropped Gus with the help of a nasty clash of heads.

It's reaaaally hard to tell from angles provided in replays after the fight.

I just lost a part of my heart tonight :[

I just feel dumb. I noted that Gus likes to throw techniques wildly with his hands down, but I just didn't think with his super incredible chin that he could be finished. Worse still, I thought Gus was doing awesome and well on his way to winning that fight.

More often than not, after a big blow, you can't be sure 100% what hit you.

I saw a big right hand hit him and only very arguably because the camera angle makes it almost impossible to see aheadbutt of which we don't don't how hard it was if it even landed and we have the guy who got stopped saying he didn't feel a headbutt.

I'll just believe Gustaffson and I hate always how there is some controversy all the time either one punch behind the back of the head and fans argue whether it was behind the ear or back of the head, or fans argue whether an elbow was 12-6 or had a slightly different angle or now the headbutt in situations like this I really don't care

I don't think even if a headbutt existed that it did even close to as much damaage as a clean counter behind the ear by Rumble Johnson. Headbutt happen all the time in MMA and boxing especially Cain often does borderline headbutts when pushing the other guy to the fence but he doesn't simply people from that position so there's no controversy.

II just rewtached it. It looks like their heads did touch eac other but almost simultenously when the punch landed on the ear. Also there is a slow motion replay from above and you see their ehad seemingly touch each other before the punch landed bus Gus' head didn't move which makes it seem there was no (big) impact and then the punch lands and you see Gus' neck and head give in a little bit so I'll just assume the punch did the damage

Last edited:
More often than not, after a big blow, you can't be sure 100% what hit you.

Yep. I didn't see any headbutts though. Maybe that's cause I didn't watch the entire fight.

I have a ton of crow to eat.

Rumble is an animal. His power is life changing. All aboard the hype train I guess, choo choo!

What is your judgement of the fight prior to the deciding punch ?

Thread belongs in the UFC forum. Gus would've won if he wanted to, it was obvious he didn't give a rat sack.

Lol at the numerous excuses for gus at the heavies.

Back