Gustafsson vs. Johnson

Gus leaves his hands low far too much. Rumble will catch him no doubt.
Gus may not wear earmuffs when he fights, but his hands don't drop below his waist and they're usually in a position to threaten, which is what matters.

Eh, to be fair, Gus does like to drop his hands for uppercuts and odd angled hooks when his opponent is covering up and he has gotten hammered when doing it. Jones, Shogun, Manuwa, theyve all smashed him for it.

So in this case, it is fair to mention Gus' low hands. He is usually very good at keeping distance but when he goes in for the kill, he gets sloppy.

Eh, to be fair, Gus does like to drop his hands for uppercuts and odd angled hooks when his opponent is covering up and he has gotten hammered when doing it. Jones, Shogun, Manuwa, theyve all smashed him for it.

So in this case, it is fair to mention Gus' low hands. He is usually very good at keeping distance but when he goes in for the kill, he gets sloppy.

Isn't the fact that he's falling into range a little more important than the hands thing?

Isn't the fact that he's falling into range a little more important than the hands thing?

Very fair point, I'm just remembering the Shogun fight where he is chasing Shogun to throw these long uppercuts and Shogun was nailing him every time:

O8Dq6.gif

Very fair point, I'm just remembering the Shogun fight where he is chasing Shogun to throw these long uppercuts and Shogun was nailing him every time:

O8Dq6.gif

Funny enough, I think he's standing so tall that he actually gets hit in the chest there.

But yea, if the guy said Gus tends to come in recklessly and without his hands up then fine, I think that's a great point. Just saying he keeps his hands low? Wow, why has no one noticed that and decided to just punch him yet?!

Very excited about this card, surprised there isnt more buzz about it.

What do you guys think about Hendo vs. Mousasi and Davis vs. Bader

Hahaha, come on man I hit my monitor with my fists like a real man

a guy's cause of death: Refused to put his hands up when asked repeatedly by Officers

What do you guys think about Hendo vs. Mousasi and Davis vs. Bader

A one dimensional power puncher vs a finesse striker who cant be knocked out
A big strong wrestler vs a bigger, stronger wrestler

Unlike the main bout, the other fights are purely to showcase Mousasi and Davis.

Another note on this card: Konstantin Erokhin is fucking awesome.

That is all.

I don't know who Erokhin is, so I will keep an eye out for him

I don't know who Erokhin is, so I will keep an eye out for him

The best heavyweight prospect since Cormier. An absolute beast of a man.

Edit: He's fighting Viktor Pesta, who's also a good prospect. He just lost to Magomedov, but Magomedov is also very solid and has probably the fastest lead highkick I've ever seen in heavyweight MMA.

Last edited:

The best heavyweight prospect since Cormier. An absolute beast of a man.

Edit: He's fighting Viktor Pesta, who's also a good prospect. He just lost to Magomedov, but Magomedov is also very solid and has probably the fastest lead highkick I've ever seen in heavyweight MMA.

Looks impressive. Does he have anything besides standup ?

I have a ton of crow to eat.

Rumble is an animal. His power is life changing. All aboard the hype train I guess, choo choo!

In hindsight makes you think how Phil Davis can take a shot or just Rumble got pissed at the eye poke.

Hopefully you're not wrong in Aldo vs Mcgregor a guy. Sherdog will become too stupid to handle.

he threw an amateur front kick....he was way to close and he didnt protect his face, he didnt set it up, i would be scared as fk if i would have to fight someone like rumble with no setup at all.

God, remember what used to happen when Rumble landed on welterweights?

Erokhin looked super one dimensional on the feet allthough he cut the ring off well and obviously has power.
But he should probably lose a little bit of weight and he needs to really work on his grappling and even on his striking because his boxing looks very rough but maybe he just got overwhelmed by this being his UFC debut but still gotta work on a lot of things.

Rumble is really good his hands are good, he has good punching defence and his offence serves as his defence as well, he has super strong kicks and uses them in the right spots, he can cut the ring off and close the distance which is hugely important for a future Jones fight and what is also important for that fight and what he does better than Cormier is that he defends and counters kicks well.

In some aspects he is better than Cormier a Joens fight will be interesting. Him being able to kick better than Cormier but especially being comfortable countering and defending kicks is huge even though Cormier didn't have as much trouble with the kicks as I thought he would have.
I'm a bit worried about his cardio after all he has never gone past 3 rounds and that was in the davis fight and since then he spend barely any time in the octagon.

Back