Gustafsson quits training at Alliance

Mike's gym in the Dam is where he needs to spend some time imo

Yes, it sure is a common behaviour. That said, itt I'm pretty sure those aren't the same people. People who downplay Davis' importance to Gus are most likely the ones who realize how little time they actually spent together versus how much time he spent working on his wrestling at home. People who attribute all of Gus' success to Davis are the silly ones.

I absolutely agree with this. However, there's no doubt that Phil Davis noticeably helped Alex become a better fighter, and the same goes for Phil. They've been training since 2010 (even if it's only been for 3 weeks at a time before each other's fights). When you add that all up, it does amount to a decent bit of training together in total. Davis taught Alex as much as he could and I'm sure that Alex did the same with him. However, it was up to Alex to push himself further with it and execute it against the best wrestler in the entire LHW division (and definitely one of the very best in MMA).

Haha 'muricans coming with
-"Strange"
-"Sad"
-"Wierd"
-"He would be better staying in the US"
-"Treacherous"

And people think Gus's success to Davis? hahaha

Its time for the champ to come home, train with Olympic fighters in full-time, fly in bitches that will get destroyed by mauler. His prime time haven't barely begun. Gus will come back stronger than ever and shook the whole US as the first EU having the belt and this by euthanize JBJ in the cage.

Doesn't seem like a wise decision. I hope he doesn't pull a Shogun. His wrestling improved leaps and bounds while training with Phil to the point that Jones had virtually nothing for Gus. If Gus starts to slide now this will probably be the reason why.

First of all you're quoting the worst newspaper in Sweden. If you listen to his coach regarding this it sounds very different. In his interiview it was more like

"Alex is really suffering from being a way from home for 6 weeks at a time before every fight so from now on we will have most of our camp home in Sweden. Perhaps we'll go over to San Diego 2 or 3 weeks but not for 6-8 weeks. We now have the money to actually fly in specific sparring partners if we require it".

And secondly I don't think you should contribute too much of his success to Alliance since I just think he have spent like 8 weeks a year in San Diego on average. Compared to 44 weeks in Sweden. If he makes that 4 weeks I don't think it would affect him that much, especially if you consider that it is mentally tough for him being away from home.

Did you know that Sweden historically is the #2 Greco nation in the Olympics, only behind Russia?

Too bad though there's not a European country full of abnormally tall, rangy kick-boxers that practically borders Scandinavia...

Shame really.

I see what you did there :icon_lol:

big mistake by Gus. His head is getting big. He will get sloppy. Happens to the best

Moreover I honestly believe that his gym in Sweden are a bit annoyed at the publicity Alliance gets because of Alex when they are the one working with him 90% of the time.

seg

Moreover I honestly believe that his gym in Sweden are a bit annoyed at the publicity Alliance gets because of Alex when they are the one working with him 90% of the time.

seg
Phil single-handedly taught Alex everything he knows. They might work with him 90% of the time, but they're just drilling shit Phil taught him until he flies to San Diego again to learn some new shit from Phil.

he should go to AKA imo

this. training with Cain would keep his TDD sharp and force him to work on his cardio a ton. get him used to that grind, because there is no way in hell Jones or any other LHW could put the kind of pressure on him that Cain can.

Back