Gustafsson: My reach is 81.2 inches.

They didn't have his reach and jsut used his height as the reach since on average the reach is about your height

The UFC REALLY needs to get on having these stats accurate. It is really embarrassing with fighters height and reach constantly changing.

Makes sense, glad that finally got sorted

Alex isnt 6"3 me thinks, he probably miscalculated the height from cm to inches.
plus the ufc should consider measuring the height and reach for every fight, because of stupid stuff like this(or 6"1 hendo and 6"5 Carwin)

I'm sure it was mentioned 1000 times but who caught Barnett's weight before the Mir fight listed at 155? It seems they just assign stats at random.

Alex is coming to take that belt, and after Jones does everyone will freak out on this.

lol doesnt the ufc have fighters checked out by a doctor before signing them to make sure there's no injuries and to make sure they don't have aids or anything? Couldn't the doctor just measure this shit so they'd have accurate and updated stats for each new fighter?

Do not understand how they are so far off on stats so often. How hard is it to measure a guy?

Thank you Gus for putting that myth to bed.

So Gus only gives up about three inches in reach.

Given that JBJ reach measurement is accurate. It's not like the UFC has the best track record of precise measurements and with their whole marketing of JBJ as a "freak"/physical specimen (not saying he isn't one) - I wouldn't be surprised if they "rounded up" a bit.

It's weird how they can be so off, I wonder if they sometimes just ask fighters of their numbers or if they deliberately have people deciding how much to exaggerate on X fighter. Measuring someone isn't that hard and at this point it's embarresing and unprofessional to have some of these numbers be off by so much.

Measure every current or future fighter under contract once, do it right and include leg length. Come on UFC, act like the big sports franchise that you are. /rant over

I cant say i am surprised, I would like to see them actually measure jones and gus' reach

I'm sure it was mentioned 1000 times but who caught Barnett's weight before the Mir fight listed at 155? It seems they just assign stats at random.

That was a legit typo tho', like if they had spelled his name wrong. Grossly misrepresenting a fighters reach or height is unproffesional at best and deceitful at worst.
This isn't pro wrestling and in the biggest/best MMA promotion in the world this should not be tolerated.

Gus has longer legs too. I learnt this from a thread discussing torso length in great depth the other day

I believe it...just looking at how he keeps opponents at length it's obvious he has a long reach.

Does the UFC even measure anything other than weight? The rest of the information is just like they pulled a number from a hat.

All state being correct, there's something to be said is that Gus hasn't fought anyone with superior wrestling since Phil while Jones has faced superior strikers in more than half of his title defenses. IMO, Jones is better prepared to deal with Gus' striking than Gus is prepared for Jones' wrestling.

Back