Gustafsson: My reach is 81.2 inches.

OveratedCan

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Source: Helwani's Twitter.

Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani 2m

I believe it. The UFC fucked up one of their reaches.

WAR GUS

AlexanderGustafsson_crop_650x440.jpg

As some have already understood, the UFC-stats is bullshit for the most of times. Gustafsson jusst said in the press conference that his reach is actually 81,5 which would be accurate if you look at pictures at Jones and Gustafsson. Jones reach is probably also bullshit and exagerrated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq61pOxDAgQ

Some wacky reporter should ask if they can measure both of their reaches next week.

UFC fails hard with plenty of their fighter stats.

another fighter that comes to mind listed with a ridiculously short reach compared to his actual, real one, is Okami.

I find it absolutely ridiculous that the UFC makes so many errors with reach and height stats,its a bit of a joke.
They're important statistics.

UFC's Alex height = 6'5
Alex's Alex height = 6'3
UFC's Alex reach = 76
Alex's Alex reach = 81.2
UFC's JJ height = 6'5
UFC's JJ reach = 84.5

Though height/reach wise they (Alex/JJ) look decently similar (height/reach wise) in pics

The only thing we know for sure is the UFC stats are likely bullshit. But we've known that for awhile...

carwinvsmir.jpg

This is great! Finally people can stop saying he has t-rex arms.

WAR GUS!!!

UFC fails hard with plenty of their fighter stats.

another fighter that comes to mind listed with a ridiculously short reach compared to his actual, real one, is Okami.

i never understood how Okami could have 72 inch. Must be off too.

i always thought there was no way he only had a 76 inch reach lol

Some wacky reporter should ask if they can measure both of their reaches next week.

if they can ask jones and cain to square off, and there is so much hype about this being the guy who jones doesnt have the reach advantage over, then why not - seems like one of the first questions that should be asked\

not that infatuation with reach makes any sense, but give the mob what it wants

He must've been cutting reach and height when they measured it.

Josh Barnett also came in at 155 pounds for the last event.

So Gus only gives up about three inches in reach.

if they can ask jones and cain to square off, and there is so much hype about this being the guy who jones doesnt have the reach advantage over, then why not - seems like one of the first questions that should be asked

It would be easy to do at one of those media day type interview or ariel interview when they're off to the side. It may be awkward but A) Fans want to know. B) It would get your sites an assload of hits.

Where's Danthewolfman? He posts on here. He'd do it. lol

Back