Gustafsson has ‘serious injury’ to hamstring - Dana White

But the fighter that gave a career PED user like Jones his closest fight and arguably defeated two division champ and former Olympian that you recently implied was on PEDS is clean? Lol fanboys

What if he is that good?

Get well soon, Gus. My favorite lhw along with Glover Teixeira.

AM just DC didnt give Gus a shot at the title. Hope he gets well but he hasnt earned a shot.

A-level athletes recover from hamstring injuries that don't require surgery in two weeks..... Gus has D-level recovery
A few basketball players would like a word with you.

Hammy injuries are no joke. Nagging n shit.

To think. If they hadn't let Bader go, he'd be running that division right now.
Quite likely. But he got much better.

Also had they not let him and Davis go the division would look better now.

It has not always been that shallow.

It's good to finally hear what the injury was.

When the injury was first announced there were a ton of fans claiming that Gus just faked it to get out of fighting Smith... So dumb to talk shit before you even know what you're talking about.
Gus is 3-3 in the last 5 years. Dude needs to fight rather then call people out while he does nothing.

People shit on Woodley for his year of inactivity prior to his ts but he was told he was the #1 contender after hendricks pulled out of their fight. He didn’t claim to be the #1 contender after pulling out of a fight
But it's still kinda hard to deny that Gus is the #1 contender.
He knocked out Glover, who was #2 at the time.
And his other scalps - Blachowicz and Manuwa are currently #4 and #5.

Now that OSP and Shogun are coming off losses, there' not many other top contenders remaining besides Volkan.

Gus vs Volkan was really a perfect fight that, if Gus won, would've really cemented him as the no 1 contender... too bad both guys got injured.

3-3 sounds terrible on paper. But when two of those are decisions against Jon Jones and DC, it ain't that bad.
I used to like watching Gus fight, but after that Glover fight I just can't stand him anymore. Fuck him.
Because of the eye pokes?
I can get that. But still, I can't help but love that fight because of the finish.

Last edited:
So why was Gus calling out DC then?
Planning ahead?
It's not like he'd get the fight 1 week after a call-out.
If DC accepts, the fight would probably be booked close to November, when his injury would've healed.

205 is a mess, maybe the worst mens division now if DC doesn't come back and Jon/Rumble/etc stay MIA.

Everyone here is still going to talk shit anyway. Why even bother

Now that OSP and Shogun are coming off losses, there' not many other top contenders remaining besides Volkan.

OSP is coming off a win (Tyson Pedro).

Oh ok so back by the "end of the year" maybe.

tenor.gif

Back