Gustafsson has ‘serious injury’ to hamstring - Dana White

Andretti

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
It was a curious turn of events heading into UFC 227: Volkan Oezdemir had to drop out of an anticipated light heavyweight matchup against longtime top contender Alexander Gustaffson. Anthony Smith offered to step in, and then shortly thereafter, Gustafsson withdrew with what was termed a “minor injury.”

The phrasing “minor injury” caused Gustafsson all sorts of grief on social media. But White says something got misinterpreted, and that Gustafsson actually has a serious hamstring injury which will keep him out for several more months.

“It wasn’t a minor injury,” White said. “He had a serious injury to his hamstring. He doesn’t have to do surgery, he’s doing physical therapy, and we’re then hoping he can come back before the end of the year. He was hurt, legitimate injury, and he’s working on it.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/8/...exander-gustafsson-injury-ben-askren-and-more

Well there goes my tip for MSG headliner. FFS dude hasn't fought since May 2017.

Gus never has to worry about unplanned pregnancies his pullout game is too strong.

Alexander the great

A-level athletes recover from hamstring injuries that don't require surgery in two weeks..... Gus has D-level recovery

Holding out for the return of Bones.

A-level athletes recover from hamstring injuries that don't require surgery in two weeks..... Gus has D-level recovery
they also are jacked up on PEDs

Probably angling for a Jones return fight. I don't think Jon will be back that soon, but who knows these days.

High levels of sodium can cause strain on the tendons.

I’m a big Gus supporter but brah can’t expect to remain relevant with octagon appearances every other year FFS

Gus is a very unlikable guy to me. It wouldn't sit well with me if he became champ.

So why was Gus calling out DC then?
This is a really good question. Either Dana is full of shit or Gus is a Twitter warrior more than an actual one...or both.

I say both

Crying as much as he does dries him out and makes him injury prone.

they also are jacked up on PEDs
But the fighter that gave a career PED user like Jones his closest fight and arguably defeated two division champ and former Olympian that you recently implied was on PEDS is clean? Lol fanboys

Again? Damn, how can this guy be so injury-prone?

I'm almost starting to believe it's his camp's/coaches fault now. Don't push the guy dammit!

Back