Gus vs Jones II right now is just dumb

In the history of MMA, there has never been anything more right than Gus vs Jones right now.

Let Cormier fight Manuwa or something if he wants to get paid rather than wait out 6 months. He should beat Manuwa 'easy' right...he's nothing compared to Hendo, Barista, Mir, Nelson etc. Right?

If Gustafsson loses again he will be in limbo for a while and may never get another shot and that is the real issue. He will be a JDS case and that is the problem I see here if he cant beat Jones.

Good enough to beat everyone else but not enough to beat jones. I think its a good move to fight Gus now but if Gus loses its a no win situation. I tend to think he could of done well getting a little more seasoned.

If Gustafsson loses again he will be in limbo and that is my concern. He will be a JDS case and that is the problem I see here if he cant beat Jones,

Good enough to beat most excluding cormier but not good enough to beat jones.

Eh if it happens it happens. Bottom line is, I like watching good back and forth wars, and I know this will be one.

Im glad Jones took the fight, Im done talking shit. May the best man win.

And for a multitude of reasons. Daniel Cormier who is undefeated and has been raping top competition for years gets put on the sidelines for no reason.
Gus gets a shot, loses in a close but otherwise uneventful fight and then beats an unproven unranked guy and gets another shot? You just cant make this shit up. Hell Gus even lost to Davis who is no where near title contention himself. I just dont get it. And on top of that Cormier is way too old to make him wait on the sidelines or till he is on the receiving end of a fluke KO loss which would totally ruin a showdown with JJ.

I agree with the premise that Cormier is deserving of a title shot -

HOWEVER

Considering that Gus beat Jones the first time, a rematch is definitely in order. Perhaps this time the judges will score correctly, and not for the champion because he is the champion?

Eh if it happens it happens. Bottom line is, I like watching good back and forth wars, and I know this will be one.

Im glad Jones took the fight, Im done talking shit. May the best man win.

It could possibly be a war and it could possibly not be a war and a more controlled jones fight, it depends. I think it will be a war like the last one since I see Gus making a statement but its jones fight to lose again.

Talking shit is part of the game, so you can do that regardless if jones thought Cormier was a tougher fight than Gus.

Last edited:
You're legitimately making zero sense.

Daniel Cormier sidelined for no reason? Dude has got a knee injury.

"otherwise uneventful fight"? You call the FOTY "otherwise uneventful"? I don't even know who you are right now.

He beat a 14-0 guy just outside the top 10, while according to most people already deserving another shot.

"Gus even lost to Davis"? What kind of argument is that? Yeah, he lost to a very strong wrestler over 4 years ago when his game wasn't nearly as good as it is now. Whoopty fucking doo.

DC likely gets the next shot and meanwhile he can rehab his knee.

This exactly. Ts don't know what he's talking about.

And for a multitude of reasons. Daniel Cormier who is undefeated and has been raping top competition for years gets put on the sidelines for no reason.
Gus gets a shot, loses in a close but otherwise uneventful fight and then beats an unproven unranked guy and gets another shot? You just cant make this shit up. Hell Gus even lost to Davis who is no where near title contention himself. I just dont get it. And on top of that Cormier is way too old to make him wait on the sidelines or till he is on the receiving end of a fluke KO loss which would totally ruin a showdown with JJ.

An "uneventful fight"?

That was one of the most exciting UFC title clashes of all time.

I'd much rather the 15-0 or whatever DC fight the undefeated (minus the maz DQ charity win for Hammer) JJ for a title. Best LHW title fight in history

but no, we get Gus coming off a win over whatshisname. DC just ragdolled hendo, big deal, did you see Gus go back n forth with whatshisname then knock the guy out at the last second? Much better fight...

What I don't get is why people are still bring up the Davis/Gus fight from 2010?? What does that have to do with anything now??

Davis was just as green as Gus possibly greener. So are you saying Davis didnt improve? I would bet my life on it Davis would beat him again, and much easier than before. Gus is extremely overrated. His best win is Shogun who he barely beat and now he gets his second title shot in a row. He is actually #2 in the rankings while he is yet to beat anyone in the top 10. It's a complete joke

I just hope Gustafsson fans are prepared to shut the fuck up for a few years if he loses again. Because he isn't getting a third shot for a long time if he loses twice in rapid succession.

I just hope Gustafsson fans are prepared to shut the fuck up for a few years if he loses again. Because he isn't getting a third shot for a long time if he loses twice in rapid succession.

*when he loses again.

And his claim to fame is "Some fans thought I won.." Yea, that doesn't mean shit, Gus, try winning the actual fucking fight next time and not a popularity contest with hardcore sherdogz, then we can talk

If Gustafsson loses again he will be in limbo for a while and may never get another shot and that is the real issue. He will be a JDS case and that is the problem I see here if he cant beat Jones.

Good enough to beat everyone else but not enough to beat jones. I think its a good move to fight Gus now but if Gus loses its a no win situation. I tend to think he could of done well getting a little more seasoned.

JDS was dominated for nine or ten straight rounds. A loss like JDS-Cain 2 or 3 would really leave him hanging, but another fight like Jones -Gustaffson 1 would leave Gustaffson only two or max three fights away from another title shot.

Oh God, I don't have time for this. Dude, send me a message later and remind me to come back here and crush your thread. I'm serious. There is so much bullshit in your post it's giving me a headache and given that you probably like your opinion too much to dump it, even in the face of a better argument, I am probably wasting my time.

I'm not a Gustafsson fan but just an MMA fan in general. I was more interested in seeing justice done. There are plenty of instances where fighters fought a fight or two apart for title shots and some instances where they were back to back. It depended on how the first fight went.

Jesus, why do I have to tell you guys this shit? Seriously? Have you been living under a rock? You know how this works right? Look at JDS v. Cain series of fights.

I agree with the uneventful part. "OMG Gus is actually winning this!" is not an event.
Sure there was the elbow, but apart from that, there was nothing FOTY worthy about it. Take the context out of it, and it's your run of the mill close, high level, fight.

The UFC could build up it's rematches in a better way, making it more dramatic, anticipated and actually have a story around the fight, that is more than - 'the last fight was close'. A story like that could only come with time between fights. But Cormier is injured so there is no other choice but Gus, whether you like it or not. Lets just hope he could finish the job this time.

810466736.gif

gustafsson-lands-a-beatiful-left-hook-on-jon-jones-gif.gif

The Mauler is coming back to get what HIS and THIS time , no biased judge will rob him of what belongs to him.

gustaffson.jpg

I agree but it's the fans that requested this fight more than anyone else.

I don't get it either. Cormier deserved a title shot for over a year at HW and now he has to wait ages again.

It could possibly be a war and it could possibly not be a war and a more controlled jones fight, it depends. I think it will be a war like the last one since I see Gus making a statement but its jones fight to lose again.

Talking shit is part of the game, so you can do that regardless if jones thought Cormier was a tougher fight than Gus.

Nah, my main issue with the guy was not wanting to do the rematch. I just wanna see good fights. He signed the papers, it's on, I'm at peace with it all.

War Gus.

Back