Gus vs Jones II right now is just dumb

oswald1

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
And for a multitude of reasons. Daniel Cormier who is undefeated and has been tearing through top competition for years gets put on the sidelines for no reason.
Gus gets a shot, loses in a close but otherwise uneventful fight and then beats an unproven unranked guy and gets another shot? You just cant make this shit up. Hell Gus even lost to Davis who is no where near title contention himself. I just dont get it. And on top of that Cormier is way too old to make him wait on the sidelines or till he is on the receiving end of a fluke KO loss which would totally ruin a showdown with JJ.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cormier has a knee injury. I'm sure he wants to be 100% or close to it fight Jones. He's fine waiting and healing up.

Gus will finish Jones in this rematch.

Believe me the bottom line is $....The UFC spends a lot of time strategizing, fighters are the commodity..squeezing every dollar out of every fighter, matchups are not only about what is correct, but more about what is the profitable path...

i dont like these fast re-matches either.
if gus loses the re-match, he won't get another title shot for years unless jones loses his belt in the near future.

Uneventful? That fight was entertaining as hell.

i dont like these fast re-matches either.
if gus loses the re-match, he won't get another title shot for years unless jones loses his belt in the near future.

Exactly. JDS vs Cain III was also rushed for no reason other than to make a quick buck. That was a very big error as well on the UFCs part

Uneventful fight.

DaFux?? I wasn't salvating for the fight, but it was more interesting than i ever could have imagined.

Fair points raised but you'll be in a great minority. I'm just glad there's great potential at LHW challengers atm.

And for a multitude of reasons. Daniel Cormier who is undefeated and has been raping top competition for years gets put on the sidelines for no reason.
Gus gets a shot, loses in a close but otherwise uneventful fight and then beats an unproven unranked guy and gets another shot? You just cant make this shit up. Hell Gus even lost to Davis who is no where near title contention himself. I just dont get it. And on top of that Cormier is way too old to make him wait on the sidelines or till he is on the receiving end of a fluke KO loss which would totally ruin a showdown with JJ.

You're legitimately making zero sense.

Daniel Cormier sidelined for no reason? Dude has got a knee injury.

"otherwise uneventful fight"? You call the FOTY "otherwise uneventful"? I don't even know who you are right now.

He beat a 14-0 guy just outside the top 10, while according to most people already deserving another shot.

"Gus even lost to Davis"? What kind of argument is that? Yeah, he lost to a very strong wrestler over 4 years ago when his game wasn't nearly as good as it is now. Whoopty fucking doo.

DC likely gets the next shot and meanwhile he can rehab his knee.

Neither Jones/Gus II or Jones/DC is or would have been stupid. Both were solid options.

It would be dumber to have DC fight for the title with a knee injury and not perform his best. It is best for him to fight the reigning champion when he is 100 percent or close.

And for a multitude of reasons. Daniel Cormier who is undefeated and has been raping top competition for years gets put on the sidelines for no reason.

I guess you don't consider 2 separate injuries to the same leg as a good enough reason for DC to be on the sidelines. Guess he just ain't man enough like you, Oswald.:rolleyes:

Well for one there was nothing "uneventful" about that fight... It is widely considered to be the fight of the year for 2013.

Secondly the majority of fans (at least those polled on Sherdog) had Gus winning the fight. A very similar situation to Machinda/Shongun 1.... And I imagine we will see the exact same result as Machida/Shogun 2... Meaning Jones is going to end up face down ass up.

You're legitimately making zero sense.

Daniel Cormier sidelined for no reason? Dude has got a knee injury.

"otherwise uneventful fight"? You call the FOTY "otherwise uneventful"? I don't even know who you are right now.

He beat a 14-0 guy just outside the top 10, while according to most people already deserving another shot.

"Gus even lost to Davis"? What kind of argument is that? Yeah, he lost to a very strong wrestler over 4 years ago when his game wasn't nearly as good as it is now. Whoopty fucking doo.

DC likely gets the next shot and meanwhile he can rehab his knee.

Thank you.

For an OP that I don't believe was trolling, that post showed and amazing lack of logic and common sense.

TS: 11 years crying on Sherdog.

Don't be scared jj-fan, it will all be over soon.

What I don't get is why people are still bring up the Davis/Gus fight from 2010?? What does that have to do with anything now??

Back