Gus: Don't worry about my Takedown-D vs DC

lol what
jonesgus.png

lol what
33e0977.jpg

He's gonna get worn out badly. His butterfly punches aren't gonna affect DC. Especially after he tasted a real man's power. The Swede is gonna get his head best in for 5 rounds.

Jon outstruck Gus every single round except for 1. Total sig strikes for the fight were 134-110 for Jon.
jj.png

Just because Jon had a near invincible aura around him, once he got some damage done to him everyone thought he was losing the fight because it was abnormal. Go back and watch the fight in slow motion again if you have to. Jon won 3 rounds.

He got brutally stopped in the first round then started crying in the ring.

If that's not an appropriate time for a dude to cry then what is? Is crying out of happiness the only kind of crying that is okay with you? Crying is a natural release of emotion and only insecure men think otherwise.

Jon outstruck Gus every single round except for 1. Total sig strikes for the fight were 134-110 for Jon.
jj.png

Just because Jon had a near invincible aura around him, once he got some damage done to him everyone thought he was losing the fight because it was abnormal. Go back and watch the fight in slow motion again if you have to. Jon won 3 rounds.

Gus ran him closer than anyone. Many thought Gus won, slow motion, mute, whatever

He took him right to the wire and gave him hell and for that deserved an immediate rematch

His title shot is long overdue

Whiners need to quit the whining and enjoy what is a fantastic match up

Gus ran him closer than anyone. Many thought Gus won, slow motion, mute, whatever

He took him right to the wire and gave him hell and for that deserved an immediate rematch

His title shot is long overdue

Whiners need to quit the whining and enjoy what is a fantastic match up

Rory/Lawler is a fantastic matchup and both fights were very close and exciting. Doesn't mean we want a third fight right away. Immediate rematches shouldnt even be given out given how many we've had the past 2-3 years. Gus and Jon are still under 30 and have many years left in this sport. Why rush it?

jj.png

gus's strikes were crisper and more damaging. a good portion of jone's strikes also were leg strikes, which count in stats but aren't near as damaging. Gus had more head and body strikes.

jones landed 1 good elbow, and all he did follow up with nothing and then get thrown on his ass like a child to end the round.

gus 3-2 or even 4-1.

I was a huge Gus fan after the Jones fight but then I started to hate the guy when he whined and complained about his rematch for two years without being active. You would think after getting finished by AJ he would humble himself but he still a cocky prick. The guy let his success against Jones get in his head.

It still has not been two years since they fought. And he has not said anything about Jones rematch in a long time. And even before that the only times he talked about it was when he was been asked about it.

DC is my least favorite champion by miles. I cannot stand the dude.
But he is gonna wreck Gus.

Which makes me sad cuz I kinda like Gus

Not sure what you mean, but Gus is ranked ahead of both in UFC rankings.

Illustrating the problem with rankings. Gus has beaten one opponent who was ranked in the top ten when they fought. I am sorry, but 1-3 against top ten opposition does not earn you a top three or four slot. Gus is far less deserving of a title shot than Conor was.

And save the nonsense about Gus beating Jones. Jones won that fight.

It still has not been two years since they fought. And he has not said anything about Jones rematch in a long time. And even before that the only times he talked about it was when he was been asked about it.

Buulshit. He went from classy the night if the fight to saying he won. Over and over. Arguing this illustrates you lack objectivity. Or intelligence. Either way, I liked Gus, but his attitude like he is the most deserving guy at LHW is laughable. His second best win is over Manuwa Ffs. Almost beating Jones is nice. Had Gus went out and wrecked a couple top ten guys, then great. But he did not. He reluctantly fought jimmi and the whined for a title shot. And the got knocked silly by Rumble.

I do hope Gus beats DC only so I can see Rumble destroy Gus, again.

Gus has power just look at the Jones fight.

Last edited:
Illustrating the problem with rankings. Gus has beaten one opponent who was ranked in the top ten when they fought. I am sorry, but 1-3 against top ten opposition does not earn you a top three or four slot. Gus is far less deserving of a title shot than Conor was.

He is not 1-3 against top 10 opposition. And that Jones fight is the reason why he is so high in the rankings. At Fightmatrix he is not that high, because its a computer ranking which doesnt care what happens during the fights, it just stares the W or L on record. If you want to believe thats a better ranking system, its fine. I disagree.

Buulshit. He went from classy the night if the fight to saying he won. Over and over. Arguing this illustrates you lack objectivity. Or intelligence. Either way, I liked Gus, but his attitude like he is the most deserving guy at LHW is laughable. His second best win is over Manuwa Ffs. Almost beating Jones is nice. Had Gus went out and wrecked a couple top ten guys, then great. But he did not. He reluctantly fought jimmi and the whined for a title shot. And the got knocked silly by Rumble.

I do hope Gus beats DC only so I can see Rumble destroy Gus, again.

Can you give me any examples of fighters who didnt think they won a razor close fight like that? I cant. I remember Mousasi saying he didnt believe he beat Lyoto after their fight, but that wasnt really that close anyway.

There's no problem with the rankings. Just because AJ can Demolish Gus doesn't mean fuckin' Bader can.

And 1-3? Where did you pull that number from? Your ass? If you're counting Davis, you're a fool.

I agree he's less deserving, but only because Conor won every fight the way a champion should.

Jones did indeed win. I got a pretty big issue with scoring it 49-46 though. But that's irrelevant. I'd still say he deserves to be ranked above the likes of Rashad based on their performances vs Jones.

I am.. unless you bring in the wrestler JJ brought in, you're getting grinded then subbed.

Who else then? A rematch with Rumble? Boring ass Bader? Fat Rashad? Glover that's 1-2 in his last 3 and just fought? Or maybe someone not in the top 10? STFU.

It might be possible that Gusstafson got caught because he underestimated him. It might be pissible that Gus beats Rumble 9 out of 10 times. Gus could be one of the greatest 205ers of all time. Or maybe not but it's worth finding out. Meanwhile, quit whining and enjoy the fight.

Although I'm looking forward to the fight your definition off boring ass bader is completely incorrect . You do realise he is the only top 10 LHW on a 4 fight win streak . He rightfully should have gotten the chance to face DC and also realise up until Bader v Davis fight , Bader fought with a Broken hand against the prev 3. Also Gus doesn't deserve the chance in the least bit . Despite what people think Bader is the only one that Deserves the Title fight against DC.

Gus is so overrated. Please someone like OSP, Glover, Rampage, Rashad, Bader and then we can hype you up.

you train 6-7 days a week 2-3 times a day and still have 0 legitimate wins

He has a win over Shogun, arguably Jones most important career win.

Also he has the most impressive draw in the history of the LHW divisino AGAINST JONES,

yeah thats right, all the Jones fans pretend like Gus isn't elite enough for a rematch?

Please, get over it, also look at damage done in a fight. Gus easily did more damage to Jones in that fight than the other way around. The rematch should have happened, it never did and that is unfair to Gus.

I'm no Jones hater, but it's plain enough to anyone with fair judgement that Gustafsson deserves as much respect as an elite LHW as anyone active in the division right now.

He lost a fight against Rumble. I don't need to make excuses, I don't think it was a fight that meant near as much to Gus as it did to Rumble though. If Gus beats Cormier, their should be no one who thinks anything other than that Gustafsson is the absolute true LHW champion. Again based on the DRAW he had against Jones.

I love how Jones fans are so salty they ruin the meat of any convo Gus is in. Saltier than Lutfisk, yall.

Back