Gus: Don't worry about my Takedown-D vs DC

This should be a pretty interesting fight. I don't see either guy finishing the other so it's going to come down to who can impose their game best on the other. I give an edge to Cormier but this is closer than people think.

Shogun was coming off a knee injury/surgery and had almost a year off from competition when he faced Jones.
kinda like gsp in his return fight against condit?
kinda like jones in his return fight against rampage?
kinda like evans in his return fight against davis?

shogun was healthy, just like gsp/jones/evans and countless others, the difference is shogun lost and it wasnt because he was "coming off an injury/surgery"
coming off injury/surgery means youre healthy, youve been cleared to fight, the doctors professional opinion is that you are healthy and ready to fight

Wrong. Shogun wasnt irrelevant when he faced Gustafsson, he was ranked top4 at the time of the fight.
rankings are misleading, subjective, used for marketing and not based on reality as evident by ronda being ranked #4 p4p

Wrong again. The division wasnt stacked at the time. Glover was the only option for the next challenger. The majority of the fans along with UFC would have wanted an immediate rematch. Jones and his fans were only ones against it.
the only point that is yours, perhaps 'stacked' was a bit hastily used
however, the champion should fight new challengers rather than give free rematches to people whom were already decisively beaten, irregardless if there is 10 challengers or only 1

Again wrong. Gus has been top3 ranked LHW for a long time now, which means he is an elite fighter of the division.
see previous statement about rankings

also, gus needs to win against a top lhw before i considered him elite
i just realized i have as many elite LHW wins as gus does
inb4 "b-b-but shogun!"

Wrong. There is nothing embarrasing about losing a fight. Basically in every fight the other fighter has to lose.
when two football teams play each other one team basically has to lose
that didnt stop the entire nation of brazil and the team to be embarrassed about losing 7-1 to germany

i know i would be embarrassed if i lost a fight, whined about a title shot for 2 years, finally get a chance to prove myself, in my home country in front of my biggest fans, just to get disgustingly outclassed in the first round and need the ref to save me from literally dying

to be fair its subjective whether or not something is embarrassing

Wrong. It has not even been 2 years since Jones vs Gus.
no sorry, its only been 1 year 10 months and 25 days
keep reaching and grasping at straws though

You are only cementing yourself as a biased hater incapable for an objective view by calling Cormier a "semi-legit win", if its Gustafsson who beats him. Not that it wasnt clear anyway.

Have a nice day.
why would decisioning old opponents of your "rival" give you any credibility over said rival?
if gus beats dc i bet jones will be looking at his tv going "i mean i already did that lmao who cares"

dont ever reply to me again, i can only be bothered to school you once

kinda like gsp in his return fight against condit?
kinda like jones in his return fight against rampage?
kinda like evans in his return fight against davis?

shogun was healthy, just like gsp/jones/evans and countless others, the difference is shogun lost and it wasnt because he was "coming off an injury/surgery"
coming off injury/surgery means youre healthy, youve been cleared to fight, the doctors professional opinion is that you are healthy and ready to fight

rankings are misleading, subjective, used for marketing and not based on reality as evident by ronda being ranked #4 p4p

the only point that is yours, perhaps 'stacked' was a bit hastily used
however, the champion should fight new challengers rather than give free rematches to people whom were already decisively beaten, irregardless if there is 10 challengers or only 1

see previous statement about rankings

also, gus needs to win against a top lhw before i considered him elite
i just realized i have as many elite LHW wins as gus does
inb4 "b-b-but shogun!"

when two football teams play each other one team basically has to lose
that didnt stop the entire nation of brazil and the team to be embarrassed about losing 7-1 to germany

i know i would be embarrassed if i lost a fight, whined about a title shot for 2 years, finally get a chance to prove myself, in my home country in front of my biggest fans, just to get disgustingly outclassed in the first round and need the ref to save me from literally dying

to be fair its subjective whether or not something is embarrassing

no sorry, its only been 1 year 10 months and 25 days
keep reaching and grasping at straws though

why would decisioning old opponents of your "rival" give you any credibility over said rival?
if gus beats dc i bet jones will be looking at his tv going "i mean i already did that lmao who cares"

dont ever reply to me again, i can only be bothered to school you once

When are you going to school him then?

I did enjoy the part about embarrassment though, as it kind of backfired.

I'm worried about his takedown defense.

It is not so much the level of his take down defense which I am sure is fine all things considered, its the level of DC takedowns that is the problem, just like Mendes and McGregor. It dont matter how much Mcgregor trains TDD Mendes would always be a threat on the takedown, DC arguably is a better wrestler than Mendes which has to be worrying for Gus and his fans.

Read your own post and you'll see. Especially the last part.

his claim: losing is not embarrassing

in my first sentence i give him examples of people feeling embarrassed after losing ( the argument is over here already, i destroyed him) and then i go on to acknowledge the fact that some will be embarrassed and others wont, however that fact offers no legitimacy to his original claim which is factually incorrect which i already showed in my post

anyway i dont know if your reading comprehension is shit or whats up but this will probably be my last reply to you considering the lack of quality in your posts

"Location: Sweden" of course you are going to be emotionally connected to gus and therefore reject the facts and truth about him

DC's takedown game is built for guys like Gus (as opposed to JJ's takedown game, which is built around the assumption that his opponents will be shorter than he is, and he'll be able to load them up and drop them in a hole).

But I don't think people understand what kind of wrestling powerhouse Sweden is. If Gus wants to work on his wrestling, he's in the right place.

Ridiculous he got a title shot after that destruction vs Rumble. He in not a number 1 contender. Dana White matchmaking sucks

I agree . Is there some official explanation about that ?
Is there any similar example?

Back