Gus considering comeback

Snazyrazy

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
As per Swedish state tv, Gus recently gave an interview stating there's a 50/50 chance he's doing a comeback, but only if he manages to figure certain things out.

- admits he's had problems with the motivation from time to time
- has been doing something wrong in the preparation for the fights
- contemplating if he has grown too comfortable and lost his killer instinct
- sees a "sport therapist" for counselling regarding above mentioned issues
- sees interesting matchups at LWH and has been offered 2 fights since his loss to Smith
- come back will only happen if he figures his shit out

Finishes off the interview saying that the show isn't really over, but put on hold.

I have no idea why I spent time writing this summary (on my phone) since Sherdog will most likely only shit all over it , but you are welcome.

Too little and way too late. Gus should have had professional counselling years ago and done something radical years back when he stopped developing and grew too comfortable. Will watch his coming fights though (reading between the lines, it's bound to happen). Now open your anus Sherdog, I can take it.

Maybe Gus can lose impressively to Santos after he returns, to become the #1 contender.

Hope he takes another fight in Sweden against his weakness.

Fighters need to stop announcing retirements. Just say I'm going to take a break. These retirement speeches feel like victim hood attention seeking bs. Looks even more stupid when they comeback.

I'm looking at you too Rumble.

Gus should stay retired. He lost to "Anthony Smith".

Gus ain't got his heart and mind in it anymore, perhaps he was never even built for this in the first place.

The retirement decision was obv. made in the heat of the moment.

He'll be back by early 2020 facing Bangkok Khalil or OSP.

Who f'ing cares,dude never fights anyway.

Aside from huge Gus nut huggers, would anyone be excited for his comeback? He looked terrible against smith.

If he comes back, can he at least have one fight before being granted a title shot ? Thank you

Called this the second he said he was retired lol

If he comes back, can he at least have one fight before being granted a title shot ? Thank you
he'll probably go on a brutal 2 fight losing streak and be granted another title fight.

he should find something else to do if his heart isn't in it

his body and brain would probably thank him

There should be a rule, that people are not allowed to retire after a fight if it wasn't planned before the fight. They have to wait at least 3 days for the CTE swelling to go down before making such a decision. Respect to Cormier for going down this road.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back