Gus considering comeback

He needs to move camp to the US and work on his sub defense
But i am glad he admits he has problems
If he can return at his best , why not
But if he wants to return or continue like BJ or Anderson I ll pass on this one

Fighters need to stop announcing retirements. Just say I'm going to take a break. These retirement speeches feel like victim hood attention seeking bs. Looks even more stupid when they comeback.

I'm looking at you too Rumble.

Indeed. Whats strange is that when it happened Gus claimed he had been contemplating it for some time whereas now, he says it was a spur of the moment due to disappointment over his poor performance. He did acknowledge that it wasn't very smart to take off his gloves in front of the whole world.

He needs to move camp to the US and work on his sub defense
But i am glad he admits he has problems
If he can return at his best , why not
But if he wants to return or continue like BJ or Anderson I ll pass on this one
Too late for that though I do agree it's nice that he finally addresses some of the problems instead of this Bagdad bob shit that has been coming out of his camp the last 5 years.

he'll probably go on a brutal 2 fight losing streak and be granted another title fight.

You do realize he got those titleshots because LHW is so fucking usless division.
Not his fault, him and Jon are lucky to compete is such talented division.

He's not a moneymaker anyway

If he has ongoing motivation issues and is seeing a therapist, that is reason enough to stay retired. Your heart is either in it, or it isn't. Seeking a therapist to get you motivated to do something you've lost a zest for is a failing strategy.

I don't think he is seeing the sport therapist to regain motivation, he does state that he feels motivated to come back. He more kind of hints that he couldn't perform and pull the trigger and sort of froze against smith and the way I interpret the interview, that's what they are working on. And that he won't come back unless he figures out a way to adress this.

He'd only suffer more losses at LHW. Don't wanna see it.

They can get off the USADA pool if they retire, gives them some time to "recharge"
Indeed.
rumble.jpg

you lost to smith mate. don't come back.

It has been pretty clear for a while now that he was unmotivated. I hope he can figure something out, but I won't hold my breath.

He actually looked fat when he fought Jon the 2nd time.
Skinny-fat lol

He never had motivation for MMA, Don't come back.

As per Swedish state tv, Gus recently gave an interview stating there's a 50/50 chance he's doing a comeback, but only if he manages to figure certain things out.

- admits he's had problems with the motivation from time to time
- has been doing something wrong in the preparation for the fights
- contemplating if he has grown too comfortable and lost his killer instinct
- sees a "sport therapist" for counselling regarding above mentioned issues
- sees interesting matchups at LWH and has been offered 2 fights since his loss to Smith
- come back will only happen if he figures his shit out

Finishes off the interview saying that the show isn't really over, but put on hold.

I have no idea why I spent time writing this summary (on my phone) since Sherdog will most likely only shit all over it , but you are welcome.

Too little and way too late. Gus should have had professional counselling years ago and done something radical years back when he stopped developing and grew too comfortable. Will watch his coming fights though (reading between the lines, it's bound to happen). Now open your anus Sherdog, I can take it.
Upvoted for using the word anus on Sherdog without it being gay for Romero or Costa.

Back