Gus considering comeback

If he has ongoing motivation issues and is seeing a therapist, that is reason enough to stay retired. Your heart is either in it, or it isn't. Seeking a therapist to get you motivated to do something you've lost a zest for is a failing strategy.

I can't even look at Gus or any swede in general.

If he does come back, he should fight Anthony Smith again. If he wins, he beat a former title challenger. If he loses again, then go back to retirement.

I don't really care to see him fight again, but if he does he could be a good way for Oezdemir or Rakic or Krylov(if he beats Glover) to build themselves up.

Fighters need to stop announcing retirements. Just say I'm going to take a break. These retirement speeches feel like victim hood attention seeking bs. Looks even more stupid when they comeback.

I'm looking at you too Rumble.
yeah, it's kinda silly for him to be pondering a comeback, when he's not really been retired long enough to have actually retired considering how long fighters are sidelined for injury suspension, drug suspensions, fights that fell through, and so on. shit, nate could have retired three or five time over the course of his hiatus.

If he comes back, can he at least have one fight before being granted a title shot ? Thank you

I think you needed to specify "one win" before a title shot lol. Cause you never you know with Gus, a L may get him a shot too.

No thank you. To paraphrase Dana. "If a guy mentions retirement, it's probably time for that person to retire." (Unless he's a draw or a champ, obviously..)

Zero interest. Seemed depressed and defeated fight week of Jones rematch. Didn't care or watch.

Just no thank you. What's his goal? To be the number 1 contender? Elite LHW gatekeeper won't work he'll beat most of them and no way he's fighting Jon again. So no, makes zero sense.

Gus, you said you would be in the doorway waiting for Luke if he moved up to LHW.

Get that killer instinct back, get away from family and shift to a new camp.

Then KTFO out of Rockhold and THEN WE WILL SEE HOW YOU FEEL :)

Since he only fights once a year, his "retirement" is already less than his time between fights

Fighters need to stop announcing retirements. Just say I'm going to take a break. These retirement speeches feel like victim hood attention seeking bs. Looks even more stupid when they comeback.

I'm looking at you too Rumble.
They can get off the USADA pool if they retire, gives them some time to "recharge"

And just to remind you all awesome stuff he can do...

I also had him beating jones and DC. But whatevs.

He needs a new camp if he's going to come back. His best training partners are Manuwa (retired, CTE) and Latifi (mediocre). He needs to train with top guys if he ever wants to step up his game and compete with the likes of Jones.

He needs a new camp if he's going to come back. His best training partners are Manuwa (retired, CTE) and Latifi (mediocre). He needs to train with top guys if he ever wants to step up his game and compete with the likes of Jones.

Indeed. That seems virtually impossible though. He would never leave Stockholm.

Back