• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PlayStation GUNDAM BATTLE OPERATION 2-- PS4 free to play without PS Plus membership

The only transforming suit I'm aware of that I can access is the Zeta in the Battle Simulator. I googled it to see what button transforms it and saw in plane mode it can crash into enemies and do damage. With this new knowledge, I attempted the 5 minute challenge again and got it done with beam rifle + melee rather than ramming.

I learned after you do enough monthly challenges to get a medal, you can use Encourage daily to get the rewards multiplier and increased chances of container drop. I got the 2nd medal, so learned if you use Encourage, you increase your maximum container drops per day for each use so got 4 drops including the Gundam Unit 5. (Edit: Not sure if Encourage increases a day's max container drop because didn't use it today and max was 4 containers, and still max 4 after using) (Edit again: I think just possession of a medal increases the max containers per day until month end.) Second medal also gives you access to put another suit into the hangar to earn +100 pts towards enhancement.

I thought I wanted a gatling gun, but seems you have to be stationary to use it. Can't run and gun. Did not have a good performance with it.

Had a bunch of battles where enemy stole my mobile suit, so I ended up flying around and re-taking the re-spawn points.

Last edited:
I used to play this with my friend when it was only out in JPN. We had to make JPN PSN accounts. It was fun but the matchmaking was dog shit. You couldn’t party with friends and queue together. We’d literally have to keep searching until we got put in the same lobby (Ratings match) and weren’t even guaranteed to be on the same team

really fun game but that alone killed it for us. It was frustrating af to play a team game and not be able to even party with friends.

Not sure how the Hangar enhancements work. I had one MS in there for +100 pts and nothing improved, but put a different MS in there and afterwards seemed like two things improved when I should have only been able to afford one thing. (Edit: I think the figures in the Enhancement list are cumulative points to be granted those enhancements rather than price tag for each of those)

As long as no one easily melees the fook out of me, the Zaku Cannon is a wrecking machine. Very powerful guns.

I used to play this with my friend when it was only out in JPN. We had to make JPN PSN accounts. It was fun but the matchmaking was dog shit. You couldn’t party with friends and queue together. We’d literally have to keep searching until we got put in the same lobby (Ratings match) and weren’t even guaranteed to be on the same team

really fun game but that alone killed it for us. It was frustrating af to play a team game and not be able to even party with friends.
I could have swore I saw in game description saying you could sortie with friend, play clan vs. clan, invite into room. The game probably improved via update patches since then.

Last edited:
Not sure how the Hangar enhancements work. I had one MS in there for +100 pts and nothing improved, but put a different MS in there and afterwards seemed like two things improved when I should have only been able to afford one thing.

As long as no one easily melees the fook out of me, the Zaku Cannon is a wrecking machine. Very powerful guns.

I could have swore I saw in game description saying you could sortie with friend, play clan vs. clan, invite into room. The game probably improved via update patches since then.

I haven’t played for about a year or so but back then you definitely could not sortie together in ranked matches. In player matches you could switch teams and stuff but we wanted to do the ratings matches and couldn’t

I haven’t played for about a year or so but back then you definitely could not sortie together in ranked matches. In player matches you could switch teams and stuff but we wanted to do the ratings matches and couldn’t
How high a rank did you get and what were your goto mobile suits?

After a bit more than a week, I'm at Corporal Lv2 and seems like there's 15 levels of Corporal. After rushing to Corporal to unlock a permanent hangar spot, I'm just not going to care about rank since it's so far to go to be able to buy higher level stuff.

I have like 6 three star mobile suits all via random drop/token usage, and don't feel I could do my best using those.

Seems like the Efreet keeps kicking my butt via melee.

How high a rank did you get and what were your goto mobile suits?

After a bit more than a week, I'm at Corporal Lv2 and seems like there's 15 levels of Corporal. After rushing to Corporal to unlock a permanent hangar spot, I'm just not going to care about rank since it's so far to go to be able to buy higher level stuff.

I have like 6 three star mobile suits all via random drop/token usage, and don't feel I could do my best using those.

Seems like the Efreet keeps kicking my butt via melee.

I don’t remember what the ranking system was like but I think I got to A? Something like that

I got lucky and got the Ez8 which was also my favorite to use. For the lower level matches I would use Rick Dom.

my friend used GM Striker and Gouf Custom. I think he eventually got the Efreet.

I thought the game was really good. I wish in general there were more gundam games. I have Gundam Versus too but again that kind of had a shit matchmaking system if you wanted to party with just 1 friend.

I don’t remember what the ranking system was like but I think I got to A? Something like that

I got lucky and got the Ez8 which was also my favorite to use. For the lower level matches I would use Rick Dom.

my friend used GM Striker and Gouf Custom. I think he eventually got the Efreet.

I thought the game was really good. I wish in general there were more gundam games. I have Gundam Versus too but again that kind of had a shit matchmaking system if you wanted to party with just 1 friend.
The rules grid for Ratings match says invite friends possible, but inside the room waiting to fill up, Invite button is disabled. (Edit: I noticed before you even enter the Ratings match room, the bottom has a button to sortie as a group. Maybe that's where Invite button works.)

I was going to save up tokens for next month, but the temptation of 2nd "step" 10 pull was too much, so ended up getting 4 new suits including Ez8 which is really slow but with 3 guns to choose from and got some Gundam ground unit.

Used a GM Cannon to get at top of fallen building and pick off other team's sniper from afar. I think maybe his range was less than mine.

Got a random drop Guntank, so might try that.

Last edited:
I think there's a new Gundam Extreme Maxi Boost beta coming soon to all regions on PS4.

Edit: I heard on a podcast the English version was for Singapore, no USA version.

Last edited:
After feeling like king of the world and running a winning streak to take my Rating up quite a bit, am in a slump and getting wrecked by teddy bear looking mobile suits in one or two clashes. They must have been playing the game a long time and have all the best add-on parts.

I have been experimenting with different suits though that are really slow with little defense.

After accepting the fact I wasn't going to finish the 3 space battle tutorials for tokens, during "internet connection bad" too bad can't sortie time, I ended up completing 2 of them via mostly melee slashing and few missile shots.

Trying to save the tokens to have 105 of them in case next month has something good for anniversary.

I think I went in the wrong way thinking it would play like Virtua On. It feels like it plays more like an RPG which takes a bit of getting used to. I think this will take some time to get used to. One thing I do give it credit for is playing on a 5.1 sound system is ridiculous. Its like being in a war zone.

I guess the leveling up is like RPG, but I would have felt more like Call of Duty.

Some of these guys play as if it's not a team game and compete with you for taking re-spawn points rather than each player taking one ASAP. If you see your teammate has a slower MS, let him take the closer re-spawn point while you take the farther one before enemy does.

I was trying to get this challenge done and needed some wins, but absolutely couldn't get a win with the shitty teammates. Rating went down a lot.

The only transforming suit I'm aware of that I can access is the Zeta in the Battle Simulator. I googled it to see what button transforms it and saw in plane mode it can crash into enemies and do damage. With this new knowledge, I attempted the 5 minute challenge again and got it done with beam rifle + melee rather than ramming.

I learned after you do enough monthly challenges to get a medal, you can use Encourage daily to get the rewards multiplier and increased chances of container drop. I got the 2nd medal, so learned if you use Encourage, you increase your maximum container drops per day for each use so got 4 drops including the Gundam Unit 5. (Edit: Not sure if Encourage increases a day's max container drop because didn't use it today and max was 4 containers, and still max 4 after using) (Edit again: I think just possession of a medal increases the max containers per day until month end.) Second medal also gives you access to put another suit into the hangar to earn +100 pts towards enhancement.

I thought I wanted a gatling gun, but seems you have to be stationary to use it. Can't run and gun. Did not have a good performance with it.

Had a bunch of battles where enemy stole my mobile suit, so I ended up flying around and re-taking the re-spawn points.

Asshimar,gaplant also have flight modes

Often I can't get into a room to sortie. I rely on HARO's internet bars display and assume if there's bars, I can attempt to enter a room. Today, HARO's bars were zero, but in room bars was like one or two bars. Weird. Usually HARO's bars are same or better than in room bars.

Asshimar,gaplant also have flight modes
I'm nowhere even close to having those. What's the advantage to flight mode anyway? Can you hover and shoot? Using Zaku Cannon, I tried to jump high and shoot down, and it wouldn't let me fire until I landed.

I tried to search for the new Gundam Extreme Maxi Boost beta on USA PSN, but couldn't find anything under Gundam, Maxi, Boost. I wonder if it's because I don't have PSN Plus.

Often I can't get into a room to sortie. I rely on HARO's internet bars display and assume if there's bars, I can attempt to enter a room. Today, HARO's bars were zero, but in room bars was like one or two bars. Weird. Usually HARO's bars are same or better than in room bars.

I'm nowhere even close to having those. What's the advantage to flight mode anyway? Can you hover and shoot? Using Zaku Cannon, I tried to jump high and shoot down, and it wouldn't let me fire until I landed.

if they follow the lore speed, and the ability to pick and choose engagements. If they ever put more of the gundam counter types in that will be cool(the bylant was built to hunt the gundam mk2 and zeta)

Not sure if you watch the anime

Last edited:
I watched Zeta in entirety once, but didn't pick up on the finer details like that. I'm watching original Gundam with subtitles. I think I previously only watched the condensed 3 movie versions dubbed. I might rewatch Zeta before I finish watching ZZ.

Today was able to join a room and sortie ok with zero internet bars.

I let my son take the PS4 when he went off to college and I held onto the Xbone. :( Well, if Phantasy Star Online 2 can make it to the U.S., I'll hold onto hope that Gundam will too.
If you ever plan to play this game, ask your son to download and install it and login daily to collect the daily free tokens and credits. By the time he finishes college, you'll have a ton of tokens and credits to do the random gacha pulls for mobile suits, weapons, parts.

When I got in, they were running a new player and returning player promo with extra free tokens and credits for a week or so. I read the first Thurs to Sun or so of the month, they give you a free pull daily with max 4 mobile suits during that period.

I still haven't put any real money in the game and have a few really capable MS, but don't have more than two of my favorites.

There's a clan challenge where you must score 85k pts of damage in a battle. From the player data, I did a bit over that at least once, but that must have been when enemies were walking into my cannonfire and no one was paying attention to me. I think the closest I got while trying this challenge was 55k or so. It's pretty rare to see anyone score 85k of damage pts. I'd rarely see 100k+ pts of damage.

Melee seems to score bigger damage and my player data shows more success with 200 to 300 cost limit matches, so I spent credits to get the GM Light Armor a better beam saber thinking I'd try to score big damage pts via melee. Stunk it up. Failed experiment.

I started using this gun that does anywhere from 1/3 to 1/2 or so damage per shot, but has very low ammo and takes forever to reload. The MS that use it don't have another normal gun to switch to, so high probability of not contributing much to team victory if choosing this. Range isn't as good as others too.

Back