Guess I'm not a hardcore fan anymore

James1210

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
So I'm listening to the MMA hour and they mention a fight coming up this Saturday (6/7). I had no idea and that bums me out. This last Saturday I was camping and missed the two cards and didn't feel bad about it. Back a few years ago if my wife planned something on a fight night we would get onto arguments... Now... Oh well.. There will be another sub par card on the next weekend. Now.. It's free mma and that's good..but I also like to watch football. Does that mean I watch any football? No.. I watch the NFL because I enjoy watching the best and honestly don't have time for the rest. Same as in MMA.. I would like watch any MMA card, but I have a life. Me and my buddies used to always get together and watch every ppv... Now.. Only a select few. The UFC is way over saturated and they need to slow down. There is other free mma out there, and unless there is a ppv that is worth 60 bucks, I'll stick with the free bellator, wsof, axs fights etc. I know this topics been done to death... But I needed to vent. Peace!

So you'll watch Bellator every week but not the UFC? Eric Prindle is better than Benson Henderson?

Nope I guess your not. There isn't anything wrong with that, and I don't get why fans like to pretend there is. You don't have to be one to enjoy MMA, just like you admit you aren't a hardcore NFL fan but you still enjoy that.

So you'll watch Bellator every week but not the UFC? Eric Prindle is better than Benson Henderson?

I'll watch this Saturday for sure! Card looks solid. I was Jett staying that I was bummed I had no idea it was even this Saturday. Also... As far as watching bellator over UFC.. If it's a weak card for 60 bucks or a decent bellator card for free.. I'll take bellator.

yea, he lost me there too. Think he meant he can catch free cards whenever whatever or miss them, no big deal.

I'll watch this Saturday for sure! Card looks solid. I was just saying that I was bummed I had no idea it was even going on this Saturday. Also... As far as watching bellator over UFC.. If it's a weak card for 60 bucks or a decent bellator card for free.. I'll take bellator.

Nope I guess your not. There isn't anything wrong with that, and I don't get why fans like to pretend there is. You don't have to be one to enjoy MMA, just like you admit you aren't a hardcore NFL fan but you still enjoy that.

I tought he meant he doesnt watch college.

I feel less upset when I miss a card nowadays, but I still love this shit.
I mean, nobody enters this forums daily because the people here are so nice to talk to. they just happen to like the same sport I do.

So I'm listening to the MMA hour and they mention a fight coming up this Saturday (6/7). I had no idea and that bums me out. This last Saturday I was camping and missed the two cards and didn't feel bad about it. Back a few years ago if my wife planned something on a fight night we would get onto arguments... Now... Oh well.. There will be another sub par card on the next weekend. Now.. It's free mma and that's good..but I also like to watch football. Does that mean I watch any football? No.. I watch the NFL because I enjoy watching the best and honestly don't have time for the rest. Same as in MMA.. I would like watch any MMA card, but I have a life. Me and my buddies used to always get together and watch every ppv... Now.. Only a select few. The UFC is way over saturated and they need to slow down. There is other free mma out there, and unless there is a ppv that is worth 60 bucks, I'll stick with the free bellator, wsof, axs fights etc. I know this topics been done to death... But I needed to vent. Peace!

I can relate. My life is too busy to keep up with every single card live. I generally will read the play by plays to see if any fights were good, then I'll watch them later if they are.

I don't understand how UFC's Fight Nights are subpar, but you never miss a Bellator or AXS fight.

Many moons ago, we craved and clamoured for MORE MMA, because a handful of PPVs p/ year simply wasn't enough to quench our insatiable appetite...

Now we have so many fights that our TiVo has a hard time keeping up, and we're moaning and groaning about the quality of all these bouts...

Anyone else find this embarrassing?

I have never seen Prindle fight but I bet he's more exciting.

I feel less upset when I miss a card nowadays, but I still love this shit.
I mean, nobody enters this forums daily because the people here are so nice to talk to. they just happen to like the same sport I do.

thnx for letting us watch "your" sport

The UFC is way over saturated and they need to slow down. There is other free mma out there, and unless there is a ppv that is worth 60 bucks, I'll stick with the free bellator, wsof, axs fights etc. I know this topics been done to death... But I needed to vent. Peace!

So, you are basically saying that there is a lot of UFC and your response to that is to choose to watch bellator, wsof, axcs, etc instead?

So its not really a matter of quantity cause you're still choosing to watch more MMA or quality cause you're choosing crappier cards, but an issue of money.

The good thing about the progression of MMA is that you don't have to see every single fight to stay caught up with the sport. Between highlights, media coverage, and the ability to go back and re-watch an event on Fight Pass; fans can finally try to have a life on fight nights.

Back