Guerilla Cardio - Fasted State

b0b

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Anyone do this first thing in the morning? I have to be at work at 7:00AM, so I wake up at 5:30, go do my run, then eat breakfast, and run out the door for work. Today was my 3rd day doing GC and my first time doing it fasted. I normally can do 6 sprints without dying, but this morning I could only do 4 before I felt like puking. On the cool-down run, I almost puked as well.

Is it not such a good idea to do GC before eating?

I'm new to this Tabata/Guerilla stuff.

Is there a master text for these workouts?

if your about to puke doing it on an empty stomach, i doubt that eating is going to make it better. your conditioning probably just needs work

do it always on a empty stomach, ANY food in there will make you feel like puking and draw your concentraion away from the sprints themselves

yeah, there are other threads on it. If you're trying to drop kgs, then do it on an empty stomach. Sometimes making sure you are hydrated will stop you puking.

You have to MAKE yourself do the 8 intervals to man. Don't give up on four, or six. Refuse to give in. Do 8. Even though 7 & 8 may be much, much slower with the energy you have left.

Abraham said:
yeah, there are other threads on it. If you're trying to drop kgs, then do it on an empty stomach. Sometimes making sure you are hydrated will stop you puking.

You have to MAKE yourself do the 8 intervals to man. Don't give up on four, or six. Refuse to give in. Do 8. Even though 7 & 8 may be much, much slower with the energy you have left.

On the articles I have read, it says to ease yourself into it. I am going to step it up.

I normally do the guerilla cardio/tabata intervals 3 to 4 times per week and usually in the morning on an empty stomach, I've had no problems so far.

Yep, Cardio is always better on an empty stomach. Do the morning workout before eating, you can eat breakfast after..

(Can someone give me a link or post the cardio workout so I can compare some stuff with it?)

FiendishOne said:
Yep, Cardio is always better on an empty stomach. Do the morning workout before eating, you can eat breakfast after..

(Can someone give me a link or post the cardio workout so I can compare some stuff with it?)

5 minute warm up jog. Do this at a moderate jogging pace.

Sprint as hard as you can for 20 seconds
Rest 10 seconds
Repeat the sprints and rest 8x

5 minute cool down jog.

I would warm-up for at least 15-20 minutes, drink water and posssibly an electrolyte/glucose drink and then go. Quality over quanity is good rule to follow. If you are about to puke, you should back off and jog, and then try again, then bag it if you can't make the interval. I would also mix in other aerobic training and longer intervals.

I started this program this week, it's pretty tough. My fitness is good already but I'm hoping this program shows some results after the 8 week mark. Anybody been doing it for about 8 weeks already? What results have you guys noticed?

Back