Movies Will the American movie industry be able to ruin Battletech?

I love how everything is “ruined” for all of you. I’ve got news for you assholes: You’re just getting old. They simply don’t make movies about children’s toys and comic books for you. They make them for the younger generation. You’re just out of touch. Believe me. I’ve been old for a while now. It isn’t that everything sucks. It’s that I just don’t get it anymore.
Na.

It got popular for a reason. Changing it to suit those who are not even interested in it anyway, is just dumb. Some folks don’t get that, and when something new comes out from an IP that deviates from that, AND fails, the same people act like they don’t understand why.

Not everything needs to “grow” outside of what made them great in the first place.

Yeah. They want to fucking make money. And the people writing it are all younger than us. So their sensibilities are just different.

It’s just source material for the people making it. It holds no sentimental value for them. The canon means nothing to them other than that it provides more source material for them to mine for the story.

Also, they know you motherfuckers are going to criticize it no matter what they do.
Source on the people writing this being actually young? Also screenwriters very often have to rewrite to please the the director or the producer.

If they want to make money how did they mess up Star Wars so bad that there was no movie in theaters since 19?

They showed us with Woman King that even the historical CANON of a group being friggin slavers means nothing to them ignoring African voices on the issue.

There will be some criticism but it will not be overwhelming even if something is mid.

Because there is more money to be made at the box office from 18 to 40 year olds than old dudes with kids in most cases.
And the taste of a 35 year old is different from the taste of a 55 year old at this point?

I don't think Battletech is popular enough to warrant a Hollywood movie.
What about Hot Wheels? Or Alita Battle Angel? Or all the books adapted during the YA wave? If it can create minimal buzz they will try it.

yes they always ruin everything
Even at this point far from always.

What about Hot Wheels? Or Alita Battle Angel? Or all the books adapted during the YA wave? If it can create minimal buzz they will try it.
I don't think kids or young adults are fans of Battletech. Tabletop games are probably safe from Hollywood as long as they don't blow up in other media forms. Warhammer seems like it might.

I don't think kids or young adults are fans of Battletech. Tabletop games are probably safe from Hollywood as long as they don't blow up in other media forms. Warhammer seems like it might.
We had a recent D and D movie. They are talking about adapting Capitaly or what it is called.

We had a recent D and D movie. They are talking about adapting Capitaly or what it is called.
D&D is far more popular than Battletech and part of the public consciousness. It featured prominently in Stranger Things, which revitalized interest in it, particularly among young people. D&D started blowing up on YouTube after that. Baldurs Gate 3 came out. The D&D movie was part of a wave of interest in the franchise. I don't see that happening for Battletech unless Battletech starts getting popular in other media. Like if there's an anime or video game that starts popping off and getting young people interested.

Source on the people writing this being actually young?
Does it really matter? Who do you think they’re making this movie for? Do you really think it will be rated R and geared toward a bunch of 40 something year olds who played Warhammer as children? Or will it be geared toward those people’s children so that they can get the entire family in the theater?

It’s the latter.

Does it really matter? Who do you think they’re making this movie for? Do you really think it will be rated R and geared toward a bunch of 40 something year olds who played Warhammer as children? Or will it be geared toward those people’s children so that they can get the entire family in the theater?

It’s the latlatter
Do what they usually do in recent years, appeal to no one

That is the only American IP out there that is not adapted they managed to not downgrade or ruin so far. I doubt they will ever get their hands on Honor Harrington without brand control form the creator / creators.

What else is even out there to ruin that was never on the tv / movie screen and is kinda a big brand besides Warhammer?

they never use source material...

they'd ruin the piss out of it

they already started ruining it with Female custodes, and other weird shit like that.

Despite the fact they have 2 viable female factions.

They call for diveristy...

Despite the fact they have an all black and Asian Legionnaire astartes

And did i mention the Trans God of choas? Warhammer is probably one of the most colorful and diverse universes out there. Battletech as well..

Back