Guangyou Ning cleared of wrongdoing after positive anabolic test due to Contaminated Meat

Totally different circumstances, not even slightly the same.

So it's ok if you eat food that came from a source that contained a banned substance without your knowledge.

It's not ok if you consume a supplement that contains a banned substance without your knowledge?

If both of these are tested by USADA and found out to be valid...I'm not seeing how these aren't remotely the same.

Nope. Yoel was banned for six months. He was found to have used a banned substance but ban reduced for degree of fault.

Totally different situation.

This guy was found to have consumed a banned substance but cleared for degree of fault....same shit, you're just spinning it as being totally different.

Well I'm happy to see that the testers are thorough. The fact that they are doing everything they can to rule out contamination makes me more confident with their final report.

Nope. Yoel was banned for six months. He was found to have used a banned substance but ban reduced for degree of fault.

Totally different situation.

I thought Yoel did nothing wrong?

Accused of cheating. Lost title shot.

Turns out he wasn't cheating.

If your cow looks like the Brock Lesnar of cows, don't eat that cow!!!

I suppose I'm just pissed at the process and some of the fights cancelled.

What were the specifics in the Yoel case?

Did they eventually clear him?
As @dimspace said in this thread, Yoel was found to have unknowingly taken a supplement which contained a banned substance (but did not list the substance on the label) and USADA confirmed that a random, unopened sample they bought from a different store contained the same substance. That said, he took an unapproved supplement, so while he wasn't willingly taking a banned substance, he wasn't doing his due diligence and so he had a 6 month ban instead of 2 years - he did still take the substance, after all, and they want to make sure it's out of his system before he's allowed to continue competing (and it also serves as a warning to other fighters - know what's in your supplements!).

It's not a perfect system by any means, but ultimately it's a relatively fair system in that, unlike NSAC, they're willing to hear your side of things before making any judgments.

So it's ok if you eat food that came from a source that contained a banned substance without your knowledge.

It's not ok if you consume a supplement that contains a banned substance without your knowledge?

If both of these are tested by USADA and found out to be valid...I'm not seeing how these aren't remotely the same.

Because you make a decision to take a supplement..

avoiding eating food in china, for a chinese person is pretty complicated

You can also show diligence in choosing your supplements, use ones that have been independently tested, use ones from reputable brands

It pretty difficult to source the provenance for everything you eat.

I have always taken Frank Mir at his word, if he says he has no idea how "trace amounts" got in his system, then I believe it.

Everything found in drug tests are "trace amounts".. its not like people have lumps of hgh floating around in their pee. :D

This guy was found to have consumed a banned substance but cleared for degree of fault....same shit, you're just spinning it as being totally different.
Spinning? They are different. Logic isn't your strong suit.

Because you make a decision to take a supplement..

avoiding eating food in china, for a chinese person is pretty complicated

You can also show diligence in choosing your supplements, use ones that have been independently tested, use ones from reputable brands

It pretty difficult to source the provenance for everything you eat.

There's plenty of vegans living healthy lives, you're making a choice to eat meat. There's probably organic meat in China as well as meat that was imported from other countries.

You can show just as much diligence in what you choose to eat, you're just choosing to act like these cases aren't similar at all just because of the stance that USADA/WADA takes on them instead of choosing to believe they have similarities which anyone objective can see.

Everything found in drug tests are "trace amounts".. its not like people have lumps of hgh floating around in their pee. :D

Your AV is Jeff Novitzky.

Seriously what is this obsession bro.

It's weird.

thats because it is totally different as I have already explained in detail.

Your AV is Jeff Novitzky.

Seriously what is this obsession bro.

It's weird.

You cant figure out that its humour.. him with the belt..

whats your obsession with cheaters :D

There's plenty of vegans living healthy lives, you're making a choice to eat meat. There's probably organic meat in China as well as meat that was imported from other countries.

You can show just as much diligence in what you choose to eat, you're just choosing to act like these cases aren't similar at all just because of the stance that USADA/WADA takes on them instead of choosing to believe they have similarities which anyone objective can see.

Youve clearly never eaten in China.

Can tell you now theres mixed rice dishes in restuarants where they will assure people no meat in it.. and it contains pork.

christ, it is well known that clen is widely used in china, a chinese athlete testing positive is nothing abnormal. Hell, some sports deliberately dont test for clen on any samples collected in the country.

thats because it is totally different as I have already explained in detail.
Biggest difference is that China and Mexico are already known to use clenbuterol in animals before they're slaughtered whereas the substance Yoel had in his system wasn't known to be in the supplement he consumed.

You cant figure out that its humour.. him with the belt..

Don't try to write it off like it's only a joke, you have Jeff Novitzky as your AV, and pretty much all of your posts are about drug testing.

Do you think Jeff Novitzky is cool?

Youve clearly never eaten in China.

Can tell you now theres mixed rice dishes in restuarants where they will assure people no meat in it.. and it contains pork.
Buy your own rice, no excuses.

Biggest difference is that China and Mexico are already known to use clenbuterol in animals before they're slaughtered whereas the substance Yoel had in his system wasn't known to be in the supplement he consumed.

Good god, were you born stupid.

As Ive already explained , you can show a degree of diligence when buying supplements. Buy things already pretested, buy things from reputable manufactures... Yoel bought some internet shite called Shed-RX by a no-name supplier. Yoel failed to show any dilligence.

Avoiding Clen in china would mean not eating.

Back