GSPs live reaction to Nate Diaz submitting Conor McGregor

It's funny, you can see the way GSP thinks about fighting; when Nate finally lands a big one on Conor, Georges says "Nate started scoring!"

Thats the Firas in him.

Pre tri-star GSP was on attack mode from the start of the fight.

I think GSPs face after the finish was that of a man who knows he just missed out on an incredibly easy 8-figure payday.

I honestly saw no fatigue in conor until nate started cracking him, conor just looked the same at the start of round 2

i just think nate is difficult to read, he was starting to look busted up and he always moves in a kinda clumsy way...but if you watch him running, which he can do all day, he still lumbers along like frankenstein

i dont think we can take one person and cling to every word but its great to hear georges' take on things
Lol shertards again going hard on GSP because he said Nate looked tired.... rewatch the fight! He did look tired!
What people don't understand (especially those keyboard warriors) is when you get tagged, especially a good one, it takes alot out of you, Nate was getting hit quite alot, even though he recovers fast, but at that moment he is tired

That was great!

Interesting that at the start of round 2 georges is talking about nate looking tired and conor being in superior physical condition

I've always thought Conor looked fresh to start R2... the BS about him being exhausted was a complete fabrication. Conor's best moments were during early R2. Nate simply beat Conor up once he got going.

Man what could have been if Conor won, GSP gets in the cage and showdown with Conor, setting up the biggest fucking fight of all time. Would probably be only 2nd to Pac/May.

No matter how much $$$ Dana threw at GSP
What+To+Do+The+Week+Of+Your+Half+Marathon

He DUCKED Robbie Lawler (get it, donald duck... it's a double meme!!!)

Man what could have been if Conor won, GSP gets in the cage and showdown with Conor, setting up the biggest fucking fight of all time. Would probably be only 2nd to Pac/May.
Would be crazy.

Would be crazy.

Crazy part is i think it can still happen if GSP comes back and beats Woodley and Conor beats Nate. It would still sell like crazy, still be the biggest fight of all time. Probably even bigger since GSP would be the champ.

Dude, Nate did look tired for a bit. It's all good tho, your boy came trough. In the end McGregor was the one who gassed out.
He didn't gas out. Unless you mean he gassed out the same way Gomi vs Nick did.....by getting punched in the head a lot.

I think GSPs face after the finish was that of a man who knows he just missed out on an incredibly easy 8-figure payday.
He obviously was surprised.....

Great play by play considering it was in his second language.

Gsp goat.

The first quote was at the start of round two and he meant that nate need to start pushing harder because at the pace he fought in round 1, he was going to get destroyed (exactly what diaz said afterwards, that he started slow after being on vacation and then got it going in the second).

The other two you are right, and that's what it kind of looked during the fight, eventhough with Diaz's triathlon background it was difficult to imagine him tired so fast.

No, saying 'he can't keep going at this pace' indicates the pace was too quick for him and he needed to slow it down....this is also further supported by GSP saying "this is what Nate needs to do, clinch in the corner" when Nate was clinching with McGregor in the 2nd.

I've always thought Conor looked fresh to start R2... the BS about him being exhausted was a complete fabrication. Conor's best moments were during early R2. Nate simply beat Conor up once he got going.

nate said simply that he had to take the first round off cos he had no camp. so what happened in the second round? he just started fucking conor up

"Nate's gotta switch gears cause he can't keep up this pace"

"Nate's getting tired"

"Conor is in superior physical condition"

GSP analytical skills are only surpassed by his finishing ability.
Hmmm... the "sheepdog" expert has spoken. Your fight IQ is only surpassed by your ignorance of the fight game.

If you watch how Conor comes out in round two, he comes out firing on all cylinders. There's no way he just magically 'gassed'??!!

He was fucked up after Nate landed those big shots, and and I think Firas is right here, he was mentally broke.

People using this 'gassed' excuse way to much

LOL the way GSP reacted it seems like he was pretty disappointed with the outcome. Either he placed a bet, or he genuinely doesn't like the Diaz bros. Maybe both.

Am I the only one who thinks Georges looked a little deflated after Nate won? Time to look for another fight deflated?

did they ever release audio of Conor's corner that night?

Back