Media GSP's coach Firas Zahabi: Khamzat Chimaev will be champion

Firas has the dumbest predictions. I feel like any fighter who trains with or looks like khabib automatically gets the "yeah i think he'll be champ one day" blessing from him.
There's alot of new guys who come in hot but don't make it. Like a Johnny walker coming in 4-0 looking unbelievable.

Multiple high level guys have been quoted saying he's the best fighter they've ever trained with (Gus), and his performance in the UFC has shown nothing but that as a likelihood, we haven't just seen him with 30 second flying knee knockouts like we did with Walker, we've seen him up and down absolutely massacre everyone he's faced in all aspects of the game. Granted he's faced nobodies, but it's what you'd expect for an unproven/unknown prospect. This guy has the skills to justify his hype. Doesn't mean he beats Usman, but it does mean he's clearly expected to at least get there.

I have seen the overhype of russian/team khabib fighters as well, but there's nothing so far to assume this guy's being gifted some kind of reputation he doesn't deserve.

GSP coach Zahavi has no idea that you need good lungs to fight on a high level

He's only overhyped, because he's Chechen. If he was some American or Englishman, he would get some hype for the short notice fights, but nowhere near as much, and nobody would be talking about him being champ for a long time. They would say, yeah he beat these guys, but they were nobodies, so we need to wait and see how he does against high level competition, but because he has the neckbeard and says 'smesh', everyone assumes he's the next goat.

To me a guy like Gregor Gillespie already did way more than Khamzat, and deserved way more hype until he ran up on Kevin Lee, if that guy was Chechen, holy shit. I know there were some people talking about he's gonna take out Khabib etc, but now the guy is all but forgotten after one loss, so Khamzat's hype men need to be careful, there have been guys who have been on an even better roll and got derailed quickly.
Khamzat would smesh khabib.

He's only overhyped, because he's Chechen. If he was some American or Englishman, he would get some hype for the short notice fights, but nowhere near as much, and nobody would be talking about him being champ for a long time. They would say, yeah he beat these guys, but they were nobodies, so we need to wait and see how he does against high level competition, but because he has the neckbeard and says 'smesh', everyone assumes he's the next goat.

To me a guy like Gregor Gillespie already did way more than Khamzat, and deserved way more hype until he ran up on Kevin Lee, if that guy was Chechen, holy shit. I know there were some people talking about he's gonna take out Khabib etc, but now the guy is all but forgotten after one loss, so Khamzat's hype men need to be careful, there have been guys who have been on an even better roll and got derailed quickly.

He's Swedish

I get that the guy is talented but holyyyy fuckingggggg shiiiiiiiit, why is everyone deepthroating this dude so hard? He has zero top 15 wins. I get it, he looks like an absolute monster, but can we have him beat one relevant guy before we keep proclaiming he’s the next G.O.A.T?
His skills speak for itself, no need to beat a “top 15 guy” to recognize talent

Lets hope his lungs make a full recovery. If they do, he is destined for greatness. But if his lungs are fucked up, he might never be a Top 10 WW.

Back