Media GSP's coach Firas Zahabi: Khamzat Chimaev will be champion

People said the same about Zabit and we never saw him fight again.

Firas Zahabi thinks he is much smarter than he actually is.

He's only overhyped, because he's Chechen. If he was some American or Englishman, he would get some hype for the short notice fights, but nowhere near as much, and nobody would be talking about him being champ for a long time. They would say, yeah he beat these guys, but they were nobodies, so we need to wait and see how he does against high level competition, but because he has the neckbeard and says 'smesh', everyone assumes he's the next goat.

To me a guy like Gregor Gillespie already did way more than Khamzat, and deserved way more hype until he ran up on Kevin Lee, if that guy was Chechen, holy shit. I know there were some people talking about he's gonna take out Khabib etc, but now the guy is all but forgotten after one loss, so Khamzat's hype men need to be careful, there have been guys who have been on an even better roll and got derailed quickly.

Someone needs to make a key listing all up & coming Russian fighters and their strengths and have it pinned to the top of this board section.

I don't even know if Khamzat will ever fight again. If he can't recover from the Covid symptoms, he's not coming back. I just hope he can find a way to live a normal life again.

Dying isn't real. I died then I came back to life.

Calling it "life" is a stretch, though. Also, please don't eat me.

XAg2tbQIWLtzHjA1IQbUm0Hurzq6rWUt4Ne2A-TXbnUyMn6_LxqgTdHgDbqDNQQ8StNZAOApXlTdPfP3M3sgZ_M6McjLYbepsWPNM2jx5PsVFph4a_ivl2TYlAme5yTGI5Wa_L3N95ItUCz8Dp9xVvj9lSf-nquun5AiULlEQuY51BwWqx6AiOPDsc7ULIHwJPTewPwgXTC5s-yaK5cT3hbmeq0

He's only overhyped, because he's Chechen. If he was some American or Englishman, he would get some hype for the short notice fights, but nowhere near as much, and nobody would be talking about him being champ for a long time. They would say, yeah he beat these guys, but they were nobodies, so we need to wait and see how he does against high level competition, but because he has the neckbeard and says 'smesh', everyone assumes he's the next goat.

To me a guy like Gregor Gillespie already did way more than Khamzat, and deserved way more hype until he ran up on Kevin Lee, if that guy was Chechen, holy shit. I know there were some people talking about he's gonna take out Khabib etc, but now the guy is all but forgotten after one loss, so Khamzat's hype men need to be careful, there have been guys who have been on an even better roll and got derailed quickly.

Yeah, it’s almost like that region of the world produces the best wrestlers on earth or something...

He has elite wrestling and can flatline a MW with one punch.
I love the hype he’s brought to the sport. I was more excited for him VS Edwards than I was for Conor VS Dustin.

same

Dude's a long hauler and may never fight again. Let's see him make it to the cage and then win against a ranked fighter before we hand him Usman's belt.

Like Lee and Walker were supposed to be?

But seriously, Chimaev might have permanent health problems and may never fight again due to covid complications.

Firas has the dumbest predictions. I feel like any fighter who trains with or looks like khabib automatically gets the "yeah i think he'll be champ one day" blessing from him.

Khamzat cant even breathe lol
Yes this is a legit concern, curious how his lung/heart function and maybe 6 months off without serious training may change his development. This is a dude who lives in gyms, hes a freak wrestler with monster power, and is improving rapidly despite already being a tank. If he ends up with gas like Zabit its gonna be an issue.

Back