• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GSP will give Khabib his first loss

piropiro

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Fight makes sense ... big legacy opportunity for both, big money for both, over 1.5m PPVs for the UFC ... everyone gets what they are looking for.

At 155 if GSP can make it, at 170 if he cannot ... or 165 inaugural fight if they create that weight class.

And as per the title, GSP will give Khabib his first loss.

Oh did they book the fight in 2020? Or will it be on an alien spaceship in Canada?

How do we get our "all about legacy fighter" to fight the actual title holder Tony Ferguson?

I expect them to fight if Khabib beats Tony. If they fight I believe GSP wins.

Perhaps, if the fight ever actually happens.

GSP may have the best MMA wrestling of all time. Would be one hell of a fight though. Would definitely pay to see that one.

I'd rather see Tony vs Khabib first. GSP had his chance at MW.

A boring wrestling match.

Why even book such fight?
Because the UFC is like the stock market and Khabib's stock right now is really high.

Plus, who doesn't want to see if Khabib can andle the riddum?

images

Disgraceful if booked. Don’t need another 185 situation but Khabib is no Bisping.

I want to see khabib vs Tony next and will be quite annoyed if that isn't next.

I think Khabib only has a chance because Georges is way past his prime.

I still think past prime GSP beats him

Because the UFC is like the stock market and Khabib's stock right now is really high.

Plus, who doesn't want to see if Khabib can andle the riddum?

images

He can probably make more money giving Conor the rematch.

Would be a great fight, have no idea how this one goes. It should be the next fight if Khabib beats Ferguson.

Have no idea why People think a 37 year old GSP who fought his career at 170 could make 155, and actually be effective. He has has one fight in past 5 years and it was at 185. It would be the same as saying Cain coming back to beat Jones at light heavyweight. If by a some miracle GSP makes 155 vs Khabib he will be at least 38+ by then, and I will bet Khabib for easy win. For the record not a Khabib fan at all, just from a handicapping perspective.

1.5mil ppv?

No way. It would do 800k. MAX.

Damn this would be a good fight. It needs to happen in 2019 though. Will Dana bump Tony and Max for GSP? GSP v. Khabob in Montreal will sell 1 million PPV.

Back