GSP was the most boring GOAT contender of all time

Silva, Jones, Fedor, Aldo were/are always exciting champions who’s biggest fights can be watched many times over, I can’t think of one GSP fight I would sit through more than once. Flame away Canadians.

Anderoid fan detected

Silva, Jones, Fedor, Aldo were/are always exciting champions who’s biggest fights can be watched many times over, I can’t think of one GSP fight I would sit through more than once. Flame away Canadians.

It's hard to say much about Jones and Anderson in this conversation given how much they cheated.

But as exciting as watching Aldo fight Holloway and McGregor was and Fedor fight Werdum, Badar, big foot, Hendo, Maldonado, Mitrione etc...... I'm sure GSP is comfortable with his situation.

MM has better finishes than GSP imo. if he wasn't 5'2" there is no question that he would be considered the better fighter.

BJ won the first fight.
29-28 B.J.

30-26 B.J. without audio

All this time, I believed the same thing. I literally just rewatched the fight on Fightpass...and I think GSP won that 29-28 clearly.

BJ definitely had the first round, but the next 2 rounds were definitely for GSP (third being somewhat close). Looked like GSP landed not only the bigger shots, but also more shots as well as 2 takedowns per round (and GnP).

Cecil Peoples was the judge voting for Penn that caused the "Split Decision" win for GSP...if that means anything to you.

I think it's time to throw Aldo's name back in the mix. Max will be there soon.

GSP has more finishes than Anderson under USADA.

GSP under USADA = left hooks left hooks Larry and chokes him unconscious.

Silva under USADA = a lot of useless clowning and dancing and a staring contest.

GSP is the more naturally exciting fighter.

GSP is from Canada, which means he cannot be the GOAT

The GOAT was born in Rochester, New York, USA (the greatest country ever created)

And you are the reason things like Brock and Conor happened.

Kindah tricky... BJ exposed No Rush in Rd 1, then...well...due to UFC´s Fight Configuration @ Scoring Criteria, No Rush kindah stole the last 2 Rds...

Still, obviously a problematic win against an undersized opponent.
He got poked in the eye hard, then BJ landed a grazing uppercut to the tip of GSPs nose in Rd. 1 ... then clearly lost rounds 2 and 3. People give to much credit to BJ for that first round, illegal strike and a very freakish strike accounted for 70% of the damage in that round, the other 30% was from jabs that GSP couldn't see because of the poke.

MM has better finishes than GSP imo. if he wasn't 5'2" there is no question that he would be considered the better fighter.

If he wasn’t 5’2” and fought in a joke division yeah

He got poked in the eye hard, then BJ landed a grazing uppercut to the tip of GSPs nose in Rd. 1 ... then clearly lost rounds 2 and 3. People give to much credit to BJ for that first round, illegal strike and a very freakish strike accounted for 70% of the damage in that round, the other 30% was from jabs that GSP couldn't see because of the poke.
Complete BS.

I suggest ya watch the fight seriously.

This pseudo 'eye poke' was unintentional and wasnt even one> was not an extended finger, was the result of a left hook, probably a knuckle or the thumb grazing No Rush´s eye.

BJ - thumb 1.png BJ - thumb 2.png BJ - thumb 3.png

BJ - thumb 4.png BJ - thumb 5.png

"beat the piss out of Fitch"

Great point.

After that this felt like an argument against GSP being GOAT rather than for him.

Why against?

I'm curious. I have about 5 that at any time would be a GOAT. It's like judging, it depends on what you like

Have you ever seen Anderson Silva fights vs Maia , Leites , Cote etc ? They were way more boring than any of GSP fights.

Gsp was amazing until Serra knocked his block off. Then he became super cautious and conservative... Not my cup of tea but tbh that level of technique and well roundness was fucking astonishing. Remaining undefeated for years in the ufc is hard as fuck and lts impossible to do it having a wild brawler style like Mike Perry lol.

Boring does not equate to greatness my friend name me a sport where it does.

His fights with Sherk, Trigg, Hughes, Serra, Penn, Karo, Condit, Fitch, Hendricks and Bisping were awesome. His only real stinkers were Alves, Diaz, Koscheck, Hardy and Shields.

Silva, Aldo and Jones have had some underwhelming fights too: Silva vs. Maia/Cote, Jones vs. OSP...

Oh how wrong you are. He may very well have been the most boring reigning CHAMPION, that has arguable points.

But he was a super exciting CONTENDER though. He came on the ufc scene steam rolling fools. He only changed his style for safety after the Serra loss.

He was a finsighing machine prior to that.

Good try tho

Boring is completely subjective. Some people find actions movies entertaining, other people find them boring. Same for drama's. And documentaries. Same for jazz music. And rock. And classical. And hip hop. Same for soccer. And baseball. And hockey.

Its just a basic fact of human nature: people find different things boring. The 700K+ people who regularly put down $50 to watch GSP fight didn't find him boring. Presumably the 300+ million who didn't pay to watch him or any other MMA fighter find him and every other MMA fighter boring. Welcome to human nature.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mapichtli
Back