GSP was the most boring GOAT contender of all time

Gsp had title defenses against the absolute weakest competition ever. Dan hardy, nick Diaz, LW bj Penn, serra, thiago alves and josh fucking koscheck is by far the worst lineup any champ has faced.

says "bjpenngoat" lmao

Silva, Jones, Fedor, Aldo were/are always exciting champions who’s biggest fights can be watched many times over, I can’t think of one GSP fight I would sit through more than once. Flame away Canadians.
You're not wrong, I mean I enjoyed GSP fights but when you compare them to those other guys who are incredibly exciting it's not fair. You also forgot Conor who was arguably the most exciting. Other than that I agree but it's hard to top the other GOATs.

Problem is TS, I don't think anyone gives a shit about your opinion

Posting it on page 4 clearly contradicts your own post

Don’t be upset that only 1 of your last 5 threads cracked more than 13 replies

I mean I first saw George's at UFC 87 in 2008 against Fitch. Minus BJ fighting to the death on his stool...the only time he didn't go the distance was his final fight. So that's a hell of a case...

Happened b4, in BJ 1 Rd 2.
GSP tried to stand with Penn in the first round, walked away with a cut on his face and a broken nose, then proceeded to wall/stall and lay/pray the remainder of the fight.

GSP wasn't boring at all if you're an actual mixed martial arts fan, and not a complete fuckin idiot.

Gotta know what you're watching to appreciate it, and it definitely helps if you've had experience training in martial arts yourself.... Which you 100% have not. Dudes like you are really easy to read. ;-)

Not a hater I like the guy but most of his fights are boring and wouldn’t watch twice go rewatch his entire career if you want I’ll save the snoozfest

What a moronic argument, as if there are no boxers who’s fights are boring. Klitchko brothers were long time champions with a boring style who’s fights I wouldn’t watch more then once. Get off the this mma snob high horse I’m an mma fan and can respect gsp for who he is and his wins yet still find his fights boring.

Dude face it he was a boring fighter! This isn’t 1996 shut up with this don’t understand Bjj and wrestling talk it’s outdated as fk. There are exciting Bjj guys and exciting wrestlers. GSP is a famous lay and pray fighter I can give you a million examples where he just laid on top of dudes and didn’t advance his position for almost an entire round. Khabib is an exciting wrestler, so is DC, so was Cain. Not taking anything away from him as one of the GOATS and a well rounded martial artist, and I’m definitely not a hater, but if you enjoy rewatching his fights you go ahead but in my case they mostly bore me to death post Serra.

Last edited:
GSP wasn't boring at all if you're an actual mixed martial arts fan, and not a complete fuckin idiot.

Gotta know what you're watching to appreciate it, and it helps if you've had experience training in martial arts yourself. Which you 100% have not. Dudes like you are really easy to read.
I know I’m watching a decision machine, I would’ve loved to see him pull of more submissions and advance positions to a sub on the ground. I’ve been training martial arts my entire life, his style is definitely safe, definitely affective but also definitely boring. Stop acting so enlightened it’s also easy to read you Sound like someone who just discovered Bjj and thinks he’s a black belt, if you enjoy watching a guy who went on a 9 fight decision streak that’s great but my entire point is I wouldn’t watch any of those fights a second time Sorry that it hurts your feelings but clearly many people agree

GSP has more finishes than Anderson under USADA.

GSP under USADA = left hooks left hooks Larry and chokes him unconscious.

Silva under USADA = a lot of useless clowning and dancing and a staring contest.

GSP is the more naturally exciting fighter.
Well said

lol Doesn't hurt my feelings at all. And no, you have absolutely not been training in martial arts your whole life. You've never been to an open mat in your life, bud. It's incredibly easy most of the time to figure out who's a martial artist, and who's just a fan. In this case, you're neither.

Someone who has trained and has any respect for themselves at all doesn't talk like you do, and certainly doesn't call Georges fuckin St. Pierre a "decision machine" in a derogatory sense lol

I know I’m watching a decision machine, I would’ve loved to see him pull of more submissions and advance positions to a sub on the ground. I’ve been training martial arts my entire life, his style is definitely safe, definitely affective but also definitely boring. Stop acting so enlightened it’s also easy to read you Sound like someone who just discovered Bjj and thinks he’s a black belt, if you enjoy watching a guy who went on a 9 fight decision streak that’s great but my entire point is I wouldn’t watch any of those fights a second time Sorry that it hurts your feelings but clearly many people agree

If you want legitimately "boring" and it be absolutely accurate, take a gander at something like Woodley v Maia

THAT is fuckin boring. GSP is not.

GSP tried to stand with Penn in the first round, walked away with a cut on his face and a broken nose, then proceeded to wall/stall and lay/pray the remainder of the fight.
That seems a pretty fair assessment...

BJ no.gif

lol Doesn't hurt my feelings at all. And no, you have absolutely not been training in martial arts your whole life. You've never been to an open mat in your life, bud. It's incredibly easy most of the time to figure out who's a martial artist, and who's just a fan. In this case, you're neither.

Someone who has trained and has any respect for themselves at all doesn't talk like you do, and certainly doesn't call Georges fuckin St. Pierre a "decision machine" in a derogatory sense lol
Congratulations on going to openmat this weekend !! Did you make some new friends ? Did you sub any blue belts ?You sound like a Bjj white belt with a stripe who knows 3 guard passes 2 sweeps and 4 submissions. Shut your mouth.

Thanks for proving my point... lmao

TRIGGERED!

Congratulations on going to openmat this weekend !! Did you make some new friends ? Did you sub any blue belts ?You sound like a Bjj white belt with a stripe who knows 3 guard passes 2 sweeps and 4 submissions. Shut your mouth.

Was just thinking about this actually, I couldn't remember any moments about GSP career that stood out. The only memories he left was UDs from takedowns and distance jabs. His other "moments" are the vasoline fight, tapping to strikes, the post fight declaration of not being impressed with another guys performance and the night they robbed Big Rig of a well deserved win.

Last edited:
58828baddc790_thatsbait.gif.0b5817d3915d41f1f81aa3cfa9c0da6e.gif

Not a hater I like the guy but most of his fights are boring and wouldn’t watch twice go rewatch his entire career if you want I’ll save the snoozfest

Alves, Diaz, Hardy and Shields fights were boring, yes, but Fitch, BJ Penn 1 and 2, all the Hughes, Condit, Hendricks, Bisping, Serra 1 and 2, you must admit that they were top notch,

Being TKO by Serra is his only "highlight" moment.

Back