GSP vs DC. Who is GOATer?

DC has to kill himself to make LHW so let's not pretend that going to HW was really moving "UP".

GSP never had problems making WW, he 100% moved up to fight Bisping.
Good point. He (GSP)would be the GOAT if he fought any 3 of Weidman, Luke, Romero, Jacare, Kelvin and Beat Whittaker for the belt.

Tough one. DC lost to the best guy he fought twice and never avenged his losses.
Both were two division champs, but GSP ducked prime Silva and then cherry picked old man Ping, AND then ducked Whittaker.

DC actually beat the most accomplished UFC hw champ, although his LHW belt is widely considered a paper belt.

I’ll go with DC, I have him ranked above GSP. Too much ducking from GSP (Prime Silva, Hendricks rematch, Whittaker).

Both are less GOAT than Jones/Silva though.

^this

GSP did too much cheery picking, avoidance and hiding. DC faced true beasts, didn't hide and choose his best spots and lost to the best most powerful fighter we've ever seen.

DC >> GSP.

GSP is a solid all time top 10. But not a top-5er.

His strenght of opposition isnt even close to GSP's. Sorry but beating Hendo and Silva when they're washed up doesn't do anything.

DC has to kill himself to make LHW so let's not pretend that going to HW was really moving "UP".

GSP cherrypicked Michael Ping who had one foot out of the door ready to retire

And GSP is about to go full Christian Bale machinist to fight the 155lb champ to avoid fighting Woodley.

Read an interesting opinion that GSP shouldn't be ranked ahead of DC on the greatest GOAT of all time list and it got me thinking.

Both guys are incredible. Both have won UFC belts in 2 weight classes. Both have very few flaws. Let me try and break it down.

GSP: 9 title defences
DC: 3 title defences

GSP has a lot more title defences.

Best wins for GSP:
BJ x2 (split decision and tko)
Hughes x2 (TKO and sub)
Bisping (sub)
Shields (decision)
Condit (decision)
Diaz (decision)
Fitch (decision)
Alves (decision)

Best wins for DC:
Stipe (1st round KO)
Rumble x2 (sub)
Gus (split decision)
Bigfoot (KO)
Barnett (decision)
Mir (decision)
Anderson (decision)
Hendo (submission)

DC has the higher finish rate. The only person who has ever beaten him is a proven multiple time cheater (including failing a test when they fought).

Is DC greater than GSP?

<DCWhoa>
Yes

Or

<36>
No
GSP is THE GOAT. It's pointless to even bring up DC since he wasn't even in the GOAT discussion until recently.

Shit thread.

I put GSP a little ahead of DC, but just a little.

There's only one fighter in the history of the sport I can put ahead of GSP.

His strenght of opposition isnt even close to GSP's. Sorry but beating Hendo and Silva when they're washed up doesn't do anything.

What?

DC fought much tougher opponents, consistently, in two weight classes. He wasn't fighting bloated LWs at WW.

Just stop this GSP nuthuggery you peddle here. Nobody sane believe it.

how do you know? There has never been issues for DC to make weight. You are exaggerating with the "kill himself". He fights fine at LHW.

Stop bashing DC to lift your hero. Your guy is a top-10. It's good for a canadian.

^this

GSP did too much cheery picking, avoidance and hiding. DC faced true beasts, didn't hide and choose his best spots and lost to the best most powerful fighter we've ever seen.

DC >> GSP.

GSP is a solid all time top 10. But not a top-5er.
Too bad only you and a few other haters believe that.

Because the more knowledgable people and most of the general consensus is that GSP is arguably #1. Check out any sites, rankings, whatever you want.

So your opinion is pretty much irrelevant garbage.

And stop being so blinded by hate. It's unhealthy.

Because the more knowledgable people and most of the general consensus is that GSP is arguably #1. Check out any sites, rankings, whatever you want.

That's actually the very opposite. You GSP dickriders are the true haters out there. The sites and silly "fight metrics" privilege a fighter who won decision after decision, in a boring run of nothingness.

The problem with you guys is that to make your ridiculous claim that "GSP is number 1" you need to bash, hate and destroy the reputation and accomplishments of all the very good and competent fighters who have had better careers than your hero.

Just stop it, take it easy and accept reality as it is. GSP is a top-10 all time great, we all agree, but there are about 5 fighters well above him.

Regardless, GSP ducked Prime Silva because of “size” then cherrypicked old man halfway retired Ping (who started his career at 205lbs), and then proceeded to vacate his title less than a month later instead of facing Whittaker.

GSP avenged all his losses. The end.

I'm absolutely biased, and have great respect for a Champion like GSP, but I have to go with my boy Champ Huge Balls, DC himself.

GSP had the dominance, but DC had actual pound for pound accolades, not just a one off for a belt grab. Not only that, check out their last five fights:

DC: Stipe, Volkan, JJ, Rumble, Silva

GSP: Bisping, Hendricks, Diaz, Condit, Shields

As you can see DC fought equal or better competition, showed dominance in multiple divisions, all while showcasing high level skills in multiple facets of MMA.

DC is a certified GOAT

90% of this forum are gsp haters so expect a lot of DC picks but everyone knows deep down its GSP

Back