GSP vs DC. Who is GOATer?

Georges fought the #1 ranked fighter in MMA by his 7th pro fight. Compare that to the other guys mentioned as GOATs such as Fedor, Aldo, Silva, Jones, MM, DC.... even guys like Khabib....

Georges has one of the best resumes in the history of MMA. No WW is fighting more impressive comp today. Wonderboy is not anymore impressive than the elite wrestlers from Georges' era. I think it's exaggerated how much the skill level increased over the past decade. 20 years, sure. I don't think any WW to this day is nearly as good as GSP was in his prime. I don't think the top10 is particularly any better than when Georges was the man either.

Hell, Pride veterans from a decade ago are still in the top10 at HW..

I think what you're saying is true to some degree but I wouldn't apply it to the WW division. The MW division, absolutely.

<{cruzshake}>

<TrumpWrong1>

No disrespect to DC because he's earned a spot on the GOAT list, but GSP's resume is deeper and he's got more title defenses.

But both are great champions and there's no need to disparage either one to make the other look better.

His strength of opposition isn't even close to GSP's. Sorry but beating Hendo and Silva when they're washed up doesn't do anything.
Yup.

Or as Wilko would say 'DC beat up two MW's' when he has fought most of his fights as a HW.

And as I said prior.
DC is great but the fact that he is not the GOAT in any division makes it tougher to call him the overall GOAT.

But for now GSP is clearly GOAT.

Georges fought the #1 ranked fighter in MMA by his 7th pro fight. Compare that to the other guys mentioned as GOATs such as Fedor, Aldo, Silva, Jones, MM, DC.... even guys like Khabib....

Georges has one of the best resumes in the history of MMA. No WW is fighting more impressive comp today. Wonderboy is not anymore impressive than the elite wrestlers from Georges' era. I think it's exaggerated how much the skill level increased over the past decade. 20 years, sure. I don't think any WW to this day is nearly as good as GSP was in his prime. I don't think the top10 is particularly any better than when Georges was the man either.

Hell, Pride veterans from a decade ago are still in the top10 at HW..

I think what you're saying is true to some degree but I wouldn't apply it to the WW division. The MW division, absolutely.

MW divisions and LW divisions as had the biggest upgrade in talent since 2008. Featherweight is now one of the most exciting divisions and it's not comparable to the WEC days. Bantam and Flyweight are still too shallow in talent. LHW is in a downfall after Jon Jones ran through it. HW is better in my opinion but those guys are so old...

For the past decade means from 2008 until today. You're right, WW was a big division back then and it's still is. But before that, when top fighters were Sherk, Triggs, Hughes, Penn... Those guys were small and GSP ran through them.

DC finished some scary dudes like Rumble twice, Dan Henderson, Stipe Miocic.
While GSP went to a decision against his toughest fights.
I think DC is in the mix of the greatest UFC fighters of all time.
Jon Jones needs to come back and show he is able to fight without getting caught for steroids.

DC's pretty much cleaned out LHW. Hell, his biggest rival was so convinced he'd lose to him in a fiar fight he cheated.

so DC "pretty much" cleaned out LHW? well GSP *did* clean out WW...and has triple the defenses...and didn't lose to a guy widely seen as the true GOAT of the division.

so...yeah. GSP.

GSP fought midgets and a broken, blind Bisping.

DC fought guys almost a foot taller than him.

This guy's criterion: height

<36>

mindblown_st.gif

DC can never be placed in the GOAT category. He will forever live on in the shadow of someone else

This guy's criterion: height

<36>

mindblown_st.gif

Just another day on Sherdog, lmfao.

Funny part is Georges is probably the same height as he is except DC is thicker than an oil barrel.

You shouldn't be considered human by brain standards.

Fucking lol. Again, by his own standard DC isn't even a human since he's 5'11" ish.

Only on the internet do you get people dumber than a brick, or pretending to be dumber than a brick for the sake of human interaction which might be more sad.

GOAT of what?

Ducking? Then GSP, easily.

Fighting? DC, easily.

Dc is top 15 .....Gsp is 2nd on my list and I wouldn’t argue with people that put him number 1

The guys DC fought were way more dangerous and he never had any embarrassing losses and he was undersized in most fights.

DC all day.

When these goats talks take place ,I first look at the type of fighter is then I ask myself - If I was a fighter , which career WOULD I rather own.
DC > GSP.
I acknowledge the gsp as one of the goats but further down the list . The shersheep and me too people somehow get upset but??????

Back