GSP trying to hardball negotiations = Wonderboy Title Shot

He isnt the draw he used to be and trying to get him to fight now is like parting the red sea

I have zero interest in the wonderboy title fight unless its buried in another card with a better main event and or a Fox Free card. I won't buy it knowing the GSP fight was there to be made and they couldn't make it happen. Call me a bastard but I just won't buy it out of spite.

I have zero interest in the wonderboy title fight unless its buried in another card with a better main event and or a Fox Free card. I won't buy it knowing the GSP fight was there to be made and they couldn't make it happen. Call me a bastard but I just won't buy it out of spite.
Reebok may prevent GSP's return.

You pay more for a Viper than a Civic because it's exciting as fuck! Although 1 is much more reliable and guaranteed to get you there. Completely irrelevant to PPV numbers but I put an exclamation and that means it's fact!

My Civic has not been reliable. Transmission took a shit at 150k. Alternator has gone bad multiple times. Power locks don't work. Japanese junk.

It's about the ufc paying GSP what he is worth. They have to pay him for cutting ties with other sponsors.
It's about more than money to him though. UA stayed loyal to him, I think the idea of sponsoring Reebok makes him sour.

GSP is not the problem they will pay him whatever he wants , its Tyron there not going to pay him more.
Huh?
Woodley isn't worth shite, title or not. Nobody knows or cares about him and that's his own fault as a boring human being. Woodley needs GSP and or Diaz to make any real coin.

A Wonderboy fight won't get Woodley a dime of additional PPV revenue, because the damn thing will barely breach 300k views. If Woodley is forced to fight WB he should demand a HUGE guaranteed bonus regardless of PPV numbers.

It's about more than money to him though. UA stayed loyal to him, I think the idea of sponsoring Reebok makes him sour.
UA just cant be shown in the octagon etc... there is a dollar amount associated with that. They need to pay GSP that figure and more to compensate for the damaged UA relationship. pay the icon and shut up.

How can GSP fight at UFC 200 with no contract and no USADA testing? In short, you have no clue what you are talking about.

Obviously he would have signed a contract. It looked like he wanted Conor after the first fight but Nate spoiled the party and now seems like he is waiting to see how Conor / Nate 2 plays out as he knows that is the money fight. What else would he want if he doesnt want a title fight?

Obviously he would have signed a contract. It looked like he wanted Conor after the first fight but Nate spoiled the party and now seems like he is waiting to see how Conor / Nate 2 plays out as he knows that is the money fight. What else would he want if he doesnt want a title fight?
Anderson Silva called out Conor. GSP said he didn't want the Conor fight but would do it if the fans really wanted it. He has flat out said it's not a fight he wants.

Anderson Silva called out Conor. GSP said he didn't want the Conor fight but would do it if the fans really wanted it. He has flat out said it's not a fight he wants.

"But if they call me out and if it's what the fans want, I know he's a big draw - a huge draw. I'm interested in fighting, in fighting him. And I think I can beat both of these guys too."

But if they call me out and if it's what the fans want
Exactly. Silva said HE wanted it and was not even asked about Conor. GSP was specifically asked about Conor, did not bring it up himself, and said he did would if the fans wanted it, but never called Conor out, and later said he has no interest even if the fans want it. So let's not twist things.

I’m confused, but that last senstence made me laugh like hell. Worth a like just for that.
Yes, but had to deduct a like for listing a Viper as his exciting car of choice.

GSP wants to get paid fairly and properly, and his team won't jump at the first offer. His compensation from the Reebok deal is a far, far cry on what he loses out on through his other sponsors that he can't represent. But that's a separate issue from Wonderboy getting the next title shot.

Wonderboy was given the next shot because I don't think DW wanted to let Woodley follow in Conor's footsteps... choosing his opponents. Dana let Conor do that, and it fucked up the UFC's plans, put the FW division on hold, and created a ridiculous
interim title unnecessarily.

Don't think Conor fucked the UFCs plans by doing the Nate fights. UFCs plan is to make $ and thats what they are doing with these fights. + The fights has elevated Nate as a star, and maybe some of it rubs off on his brother to. Conor fighting Aldo will not make Aldo a star, neither will Conor fighting Edgar I think.

Huh?
Woodley isn't worth shite, title or not. Nobody knows or cares about him and that's his own fault as a boring human being. Woodley needs GSP and or Diaz to make any real coin.

A Wonderboy fight won't get Woodley a dime of additional PPV revenue, because the damn thing will barely breach 300k views. If Woodley is forced to fight WB he should demand a HUGE guaranteed bonus regardless of PPV numbers.
Woodley can demand whatever he wants, I dont think he is in the position to do that though. UFC can easily say no, and if they want to be petty fire him from his commentating job as well. Let's face it, Woodley vs Thompson coming up while Georges continues to just talk

Back