GSP Showing Much Respect to BJ Penn

I've always enjoyed how honest GSP is. I always felt GSP had this mental block that he never really got over with Serra. His finishing rate was insane prior.

I was actually a big fan of pre-Serra GSP. Now he's my least favourite fighter of all time. I couldn't stand Hughes back then, and I was thrilled when GSP dethroned him. I'm a Hughes fan now. Weird.

I've always enjoyed how honest GSP is. I always felt GSP had this mental block that he never really got over with Serra. His finishing rate was insane prior.

He destroyed the same caliber of guys post serra

GSP speaking the truth. Penn could've been the goat if he took mma as serious as someone like Georges

It is equally as annoying as sad, that a 2 division champion is considered to be one of the greatest wastes of talent in the history of the sport because he was too damn lazy to compete outside of the cage.

Not only the GOAT but also total class.

Also, he alludes very thinly veiled to Hendricks using PEDs. I think he has every reason to believe so, given Hendricks reluctance to get tested. And, of course, his turning into a shit fighter once USADA stepped in.

Nick Diaz made BJ Penn look like a pretty average WW imo

Its not that relevant in a career perspective, if u look back and remember how AVERAGE Serra made GSP look... and how "serious" and "hard worker" Bj is ...
GSP is calling it in an overall view ... and when he says "Unfortunately, he was inconsistent, not a hard worker.”, he is obviously considering these moments and fights from Penn, like Diaz fight...
But i guess u r the kind of guy, with the kind of view like "Oh, Anderson Silva cant be in a Goat discussion, Ryo Chonan made him look pretty average back in PRIDE" ...

Nick Diaz made BJ Penn look like a pretty average WW imo

True but BJ Penn did outbox and outgrappled Diaz in the first.

Then of course .... BJ Penn gassed like he does in every WW fight if it gets passed the first round.

BJ Penn was never a REAL WW. He was just a supremely talented but small LW who ate hotdogs and wore jeans and boats to make 170lbs.

His wins and draws at WW were simply him being far superior skill wise to his much bigger, stronger WW opponent.

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

JUST SCRAP
WARPENNFOREVER
1e9420b823901f7336e2c354c9a7aca8.jpg

Not only the GOAT but also total class.

Also, he alludes very thinly veiled to Hendricks using PEDs. I think he has every reason to believe so, given Hendricks reluctance to get tested. And, of course, his turning into a shit fighter once USADA stepped in.
Out of all the fighters I suspect, Hendricks is the most obvious nowadays.

I rewatched GSP vs Hendricks last week. Hendricks was a different person back then, than he is now since USADA.

If BJ Penn didnt grow up a rich kid and got into Martial Arts he could have been a GOAT level fighter. But he was already rich, thus simply lacked the motivation of a hungry up and coming fighter

Out of all the fighters I suspect, Hendricks is the most obvious nowadays.

I rewatched GSP vs Hendricks last week. Hendricks was a different person back then, than he is now since USADA.

I couldn't agree more. This fucking guy almost beat the undisputed (WW) GOAT but now he can't make weight, gets finished in the first round and loses against a top 10-15 guy. ROFL

True but BJ Penn did outbox and outgrappled Diaz in the first.

Then of course .... BJ Penn gassed like he does in every WW fight if it gets passed the first round.

BJ Penn was never a REAL WW. He was just a supremely talented but small LW who ate hotdogs and wore jeans and boats to make 170lbs.

His wins and draws at WW were simply him being far superior skill wise to his much bigger, stronger WW opponent.
I always attributed a lot of his success at WW was due to him being a pretty heavy hitter and the move up coupled with his talented boxing gave him the speed advantage over the WW's. At LW he didn't have the same speed advantage as those guys are naturally faster than the heavier fighters.

Gsp was willing to pay for both his and Hendricks testing and Hendricks declined
in the end

GSP was tested through his camp and Hendricks was not
I know about the intricacies before the fight, but Hendricks beat the shit out of GSP and GSP aside from that high kick dominated Condit
is absurd to say that Condit was a tougher fight

I couldn't agree more. This fucking guy almost beat the undisputed (WW) GOAT but now he can't make weight, gets finished in the first round and loses against a top 10-15 guy. ROFL
It's ridiculous lol If he actually faced Woodley when he was supposed to, Woodley may have knocked him out cold!

I always attributed a lot of his success at WW was due to him being a pretty heavy hitter and the move up coupled with his talented boxing gave him the speed advantage over the WW's. At LW he didn't have the same speed advantage as those guys are naturally faster than the heavier fighters.

That's true but it was also his amazing grappling.

Hughes, Fitch and GSP struggled big time taking down Penn when he was fresh despite their obvious size and strength advantage.

GSP learned though from the first fight ... just keep going for it because eventually Penn will gas far before he does especially with that size advantage.

He said it himself in the post fight interview.

Put Frankie vs GSP .... he would end up gassing too. Not as fast as Penn of course... but probably also gets taken down faster as well before gassing.

Penn just was ahead of the game skill wise so he could make up for the size difference before.

But MMA got better overall and Penn didn't evolve his cardio, his strength or his skill.

Oh boohoo, was the system against you Georges? Why? Because the fight didn't happen in Montreal? Because you weren't allowed to come in over weight? Because you weren't allowed to grease? What a joke.

Post a picture of your fat body.

GSP considers BJ Penn the 2nd best WW of all time, skill wise, next to himself.

In a recent interview with Bloody Elbow, “Rush” went over various topics from a rematch with Nick Diaz, to his thoughts on Nate Diaz vs. Conor McGregor.

A couple questions came up about GSP’s past opponents. Rush was asked who he considered his toughest opponent.

“Penn and Condit,” St-Pierre said. “Condit hurt me the most, and then it was mentally a challenge, and Penn also hurt me. People think Hendricks was the toughest, but against Hendricks I was emotionally hurt, that’s what showed on my face. The next day physically I was fine. Against Hendricks I felt I was against the system. I felt the system was corrupted against me, like Dana White was for some reason against me, and I didn’t understand why; I was not trying to put the UFC down, but to bring ‘em up. When I spoke before the fight I wanted to help the sport, I wanted to help the UFC, so that’s what showed, what was emotionally, mentally in my head. I felt the system was against me and I didn’t understand why.”

When asked about who he considers the best welterweight of all time next to himself, there was only one fighter’s name that “Rush” mentioned twice.

“Hughes or Penn,” St-Pierre answered. “BJ, when he was a welterweight is probably the most talented, when he was trying. Unfortunately, he was inconsistent, not a hard worker.”

http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/geor...st-opponent-considers-best-welterweight-next/
<mma4>

Good, MMA nubs have no hespect for the Prodigy.

BJ

Overrated
Would get stomped by some of the LW fighter

BJ had no prime

And the best gif to describe him is

{<BJPeen}

Biggest cry baby ever

Back