GSP Showing Much Respect to BJ Penn

Oh boohoo, was the system against you Georges? Why? Because the fight didn't happen in Montreal? Because you weren't allowed to come in over weight? Because you weren't allowed to grease? What a joke.

Because drugs. Because of Hendricks' sudden body change. Because he fought the heaviest WW he ever fought.

Act stupid some more.

Because drugs. Because of Hendricks' sudden body change. Because he fought the heaviest WW he ever fought.

Act stupid some more.

Act stupid some more? That's harsh bro. I'm a human being with feelings

GSP speaking the truth. Penn could've been the goat if he took mma as serious as someone like Georges
So true, the best we saw imo was under Marinovich..(spelling may be wrong), but he was in the best shape we ever saw him in and absolutely looked the best we have ever seen him.

Too bad he is a lazy SOB with insane skill.

No fool your showing to little Bj had the best boxing between those two divisions and is a legit black belt with very good tdd ,please explain what your talking about

Oh boohoo, was the system against you Georges? Why? Because the fight didn't happen in Montreal? Because you weren't allowed to come in over weight? Because you weren't allowed to grease? What a joke.

Ahh yes.

GSPgreasing1.gif

greasing2.gif

Mountains of Vaseline.

And there's this.

At that point, somebody in the audience thought we were greasing George down, and ran over and told the commission that we were greasing his body down. The commission came in and said ‘you can’t grease him down’…and Phil’s like, ‘oh, there might be a little on my fingers,’ but it wasn’t intentional at all, and of course they wiped it right off and it was gone, so it wasn’t a factor in the fight at all…

I'm sure when you recall this in your head it probably looks like them hosing GSP down with KY jelly.
Unfortunately however, when you see that fucking gigantic glob of Vaseline on Nurse's hand, coupled with GSP subsequently getting wiped down, the myth doesn't carry the same weight.

If BJ's mom couldn't sway the athletic commission or a judge to overturn the fight i'm sure you trying to convince yourself on Sherdog will do it.

And i fucking love that you allude to the Nick Diaz issue as well, is there anyone else you'd like to blindly cite as proof? Hell, Mayhem lost to GSP, maybe he's available for a deposition, or did he drink poison airplane water too?

BJ Penn is a legend and easily a top LW of all time if not the top, most achieving LW in history of mma, but that is not to be confused with his WW accomplishments, which was really the one-time, upset rear naked choke on Hughes. It's a slap to the face of many other top WWs, BJ Penn has only beaten Matt Hughes at WW. In the draw with Fitch, Fitch put a beating on him; Diaz did similar as the fight wore on; same with Rory actually. So he's something like 1-5-1 at welterweight (2 wins if Ludwig was at 170)

-BJ Fan (non-delusional type)

Honest and respectful. And you saw it even after he whooped Penn, he didn't gloat. He got down on his knees to TKO to him on his stool. And was respectful in the post fight in octagon interview.
He was the real deal too and carried himself in candour like this his whole career. So much fluff with bruisers getting PR savvy and polishing their Twitter with zingers like "always humble in victory and defeat"...all BS. Georges was the real deal. Classy guys gonna class.

Not even a fan, for the record.

Penn hurt him emotionally

Ahh yes.

GSPgreasing1.gif

greasing2.gif

Mountains of Vaseline.

And there's this.

I'm sure when you recall this in your head it probably looks like them hosing GSP down with KY jelly.
Unfortunately however, when you see that fucking gigantic glob of Vaseline on Nurse's hand, coupled with GSP subsequently getting wiped down, the myth doesn't carry the same weight.

If BJ's mom couldn't sway the athletic commission or a judge to overturn the fight i'm sure you trying to convince yourself on Sherdog will do it.

And i fucking love that you allude to the Nick Diaz issue as well, is there anyone else you'd like to blindly cite as proof? Hell, Mayhem lost to GSP, maybe he's available for a deposition, or did he drink poison airplane water too?

lol

GSP considers BJ Penn the 2nd best WW of all time, skill wise, next to himself.

In a recent interview with Bloody Elbow, “Rush” went over various topics from a rematch with Nick Diaz, to his thoughts on Nate Diaz vs. Conor McGregor.

A couple questions came up about GSP’s past opponents. Rush was asked who he considered his toughest opponent.

“Penn and Condit,” St-Pierre said. “Condit hurt me the most, and then it was mentally a challenge, and Penn also hurt me. People think Hendricks was the toughest, but against Hendricks I was emotionally hurt, that’s what showed on my face. The next day physically I was fine. Against Hendricks I felt I was against the system. I felt the system was corrupted against me, like Dana White was for some reason against me, and I didn’t understand why; I was not trying to put the UFC down, but to bring ‘em up. When I spoke before the fight I wanted to help the sport, I wanted to help the UFC, so that’s what showed, what was emotionally, mentally in my head. I felt the system was against me and I didn’t understand why.”

When asked about who he considers the best welterweight of all time next to himself, there was only one fighter’s name that “Rush” mentioned twice.

“Hughes or Penn,” St-Pierre answered. “BJ, when he was a welterweight is probably the most talented, when he was trying. Unfortunately, he was inconsistent, not a hard worker.”

http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/geor...st-opponent-considers-best-welterweight-next/

A little reminder to our young Cloner/RR Fans. I remember I was in Hawaii watching GSP Vs Penn 1 live. Honestly, I had that fight for BJ Penn 2-1. Also, I could've have seen it as a draw. BJ beat the piss out GSP for the first round and landed everything at will. George went to his bread and butter and basically wrestlefucked it out for the last two.

I agree, PENN could've been the GOAT in all division. But he was a lazy, rich boy, and loved burritos. But damn did he have some hands and BJJ.

pennvsgsp_display_image.jpg

bjpennvsgsp.jpeg

I know about the intricacies before the fight, but Hendricks beat the shit out of GSP and GSP aside from that high kick dominated Condit
is absurd to say that Condit was a tougher fight
I scored the fight for Hendicks but I have no reason to doubt what Georges is saying re who he considers to be his toughest fights

I was actually a big fan of pre-Serra GSP. Now he's my least favourite fighter of all time. I couldn't stand Hughes back then, and I was thrilled when GSP dethroned him. I'm a Hughes fan now. Weird.

Basically the same here. Pre-Serra GSP was a monster and absolutely fun to watch. After Serra his finish rate dropped to 16.6%. Brutally capped with seven 25-minute safety-first matches.

Ugh.

Brutally capped with seven 25-minute safety-first matches.

Ugh.

You think his opponents should just let their guards down? For what? For you to be entertained? CTE is not worth it imo.

Back