GSP is the all time GOAT deal with it

No but Jones who barely beat Gus and Cormier deserve it .. Or fedor and silva both lost a few fights each deserve it but no not the most dominating guy ever

Jones' level of competition since becoming LHW champ cant be beat. Cormier is a much higher skilled fighter than anyone GSP has fought before. I would appreciate GSP more if he took more risks and actually cared to put on entertaining fights. But youre right, GSP was pretty dominant

I'll take him over Fedor anyday. But personally, I like more offensive fighters. GSP is just too defensive with his wrasslin' for my taste. Completely dominating wrestler, but that, his lack of stand-up and inability to finish guys doesn't fair well to me. #3 GOAT though.

there's literally no argument you could make to explain how GSP is GOAT.

Fedor had the longest divisional reign in MMA history and has never lost until the end of his career.

The counter-point to that is that GSP avenged all his losses and retired as the champion.

Well then how does that put him ahead of Jon Jones who doesn't even have a loss?

I understand the argument that Jon Jones has a better legacy than Fedor's (personally I don't agree with it) but GSP is behind Fedor in one argument (most dominant champion ever) and in another (flawlessness).

Either way you slice it or dice it he's either behind Fedor or Jones.

That is- he's inferior to someone in both a quantitative overview AND a qualitative overview.

If Anderson didn't roid, then sure, give him #1 goat. I wish he and fedor could have fought somehow, they were both in their prime at the same time.

Unfortunately, Fedor never fought in the ufc

Current GSP would beat current Anderson Silva and not get marked up in the process.

Well not many were impressed with GSPs last couple of fights.

GOAT in terms of stepping out of the game when his performances obviously started too look shit.

Anderson should retire. He showed flashes but when you're taking bisping to a close decision you know you've lost it.

BJ Penn should think about this.

Anderson Silva

47193693.jpg

Fedor is. Retiring at the age of 32 with less fights than Silva and Fedor doesn't make you GOAT

GSP entertained me, finishes or no.
The whole finishing bit is laughable. Aldo and Jones have both only got decisions against the top guys; Jones only finishes has beens and MW's (his top LHW contender fights are ALL decisions, Gus, Rashad, Glover, DC) Aldo has one legit finish total in his UFC career. Fedor never finished the top guys he fought in his prime (Nog 3 times, CC). How many finishes does the current WW champ have since becoming champ? And none of those guys dominated their opponents like GSP.

People need to STFU with that "GSP didn't finish" bullshit, that's so fucking foolish.

Yeah, he really proved it when he was KOd by Matt Serra.

Back