GSP is the all time GOAT deal with it

least inspiring fighter ever.

he's not even the GOAT in his own division as far as I'm concerned.
You a hater Roger.

And he is. He also would've beaten Anderson if they'd fought - whether he believed he would've or not.

I am honestly sick of hearing or reading this sh#t.

Honestly, he is f#cking not!

Don't get me wrong, he has a good track record but he isn't s stylish or impressive fighter. Most of his fights, he has fought safe. This is not necessarily bad but he is not the GOAT. Far f#cking from it.

Without the attitude problems, GSP is the Floyd Mayweather Jr of MMA.

GSP cannot be left out of any GOAT argument. He dominated in almost every one of those decisions we all cry about. If he took risks, he'd likely have finished most of them, but after the Serra loss, that was the way he decided to fight. To me, being the GOAT is more than just the sum of your performances.

AS is out of the argument imo after he tested positive. If he retired after Weidman II he would still be considered GOAT by most.

Where the fuck is he then? He should be racking up losses in the twilight of his career, not high tailing it out as soon as things got competitive.

least inspiring fighter ever.

he's not even the GOAT in his own division as far as I'm concerned.

How can you say something so stupid? GSP is by far the best WW ever and will be for a long long time.

But the real GOAT is Fedor. His run at HW was unprecedented. 31-0 at HW!!!
No other fighter will be the HW champion with such an amazing run.

20 years from now on....

Fedor dominated 2 sports simultaneously.

How can you say something so stupid? GSP is by far the best WW ever and will be for a long long time.

But the real GOAT is Fedor. His run at HW was unprecedented. 31-0 at HW!!!
No other fighter will be the HW champion with such an amazing run.

20 years from now on....

Fedor dominated 2 sports simultaneously.
Not close.

HW is a dog shit division and he didn't fight in legitimately sanctioned fights

Fought 0-1 fighters

Not close to having most top wins

Who cares? Sambo is a joke in terms of its talent pool

Not close.

HW is a dog shit division and he didn't fight in legitimately sanctioned fights

Fought 0-1 fighters

Not close to having most top wins

Who cares? Sambo is a joke in terms of its talent pool

In Sambo competition you fight 3-4 guys in one night. How can you say it's a joke? So much talented and successful mma fighters have sambo background -- Sergei Kharitonov, Andrei Alrovski, Alexiy Oliynik, Ali Bagautinov... even Kebab Nurmagamedov... the list goes on and on.

As far as HW -- no it's not a dog sh1t division. It was the elite division in Pride and Fedor dominated that division. Anderson Silva has been losing to Japanese bums at that time.

In Sambo competition you fight 3-4 guys in one night. How can you say it's a joke? So much talented and successful mma fighters have sambo background -- Sergei Kharitonov, Andrei Alrovski, Alexiy Oliynik, Ali Bagautinov... even Kebab Nurmagamedov... the list goes on and on.

As far as HW -- no it's not a dog sh1t division. It was the elite division in Pride and Fedor dominated that division. Anderson Silva has been losing to Japanese bums at that time.
It doesn't mean sambo isn't shallow. It's a shallow sport that means almost nothing.

Yes, it's dog shit. Even in Pride, it was bad. While Anderson was still dominating, Fedor was getting knocked out in the 1st and being dismantled inside 2 rounds.

I am honestly sick of hearing or reading this sh#t.

Honestly, he is f#cking not!

Don't get me wrong, he has a good track record but he isn't s stylish or impressive fighter. Most of his fights, he has fought safe. This is not necessarily bad but he is not the GOAT. Far f#cking from it.

Without the attitude problems, GSP is the Floyd Mayweather Jr of MMA.
You need to be an aesthetically pleasing fighter to be the best? I also wonder about your (and the general fight-watching public's) memory span.
Both GSP and Floyd were killers and put on exciting, dominant fights and eventually adjusted to doing what they wanted to win, and no one could stop it.
As Floyd continued to move up in weight, and his hands became more brittle, he fought to minimize risks, and hardly anyone could make him dig deep to fight for a win.

GSP was also a destroyer before the Serra fight, and decided that striking made him vulnerable to upsets, and wrestling not so much.
If you think excitement is a factor, how do you explain Floyd's dismantling of Gatti, or GSP beating Nick Diaz?
Maybe you weren't around to see the early part of their careers before they had mainstream fame.

Where the fuck is he then? He should be racking up losses in the twilight of his career, not high tailing it out as soon as things got competitive.

200_s.gif

Unfortunately, Fedor never fought in the ufc
GSP never fought in Pride, its pretty much irrellevent as far as I'm concerned. His prime was in Pride where the strongest HW's were, just as GSP was in the UFC where the strongest WW's were

GOATs are so close in GOATnesa, trim card is style and ability to finish their opponents. He's very limited in that aspect. He's in the bottom rung of GOATs.

And he's not exciting, at all.

GSP doesn't hold a candle to Jon Jones.

If Conor stays on his roll it won't be too long before he is above GSP as well, and I'm not even a Conor fan (or a Jones fan for that matter).

You need to be an aesthetically pleasing fighter to be the best? I also wonder about your (and the general fight-watching public's) memory span.
Both GSP and Floyd were killers and put on exciting, dominant fights and eventually adjusted to doing what they wanted to win, and no one could stop it.
As Floyd continued to move up in weight, and his hands became more brittle, he fought to minimize risks, and hardly anyone could make him dig deep to fight for a win.

GSP was also a destroyer before the Serra fight, and decided that striking made him vulnerable to upsets, and wrestling not so much.
If you think excitement is a factor, how do you explain Floyd's dismantling of Gatti, or GSP beating Nick Diaz?
Maybe you weren't around to see the early part of their careers before they had mainstream fame.

No, I agree with you in a way. As I said, he has a good track record. Don't get me wrong, he is a good fighter. When people complained about FM fight against Pac-Man, and how he basically ran away the whole fight, I defended him even though I was backing Pac. Why? Because he used his best techniques to his advantage. He hit and ran, hit and ran, hit and ran. It worked for him and so he won. He can't stand toe-to-toe and trade blows. So he doesn't. That's not bad fighting, that is smart fighting based on his knowledge of his own capabilities. GSP is the same. He fights safe. Somethings, yeah, we good.

Do you need to be impressive and all that to be the GOAT? Quite frankly, yes. I mean, you are in a sport supported by millions of fans. People love you and hate you. This is a game!

So the guy who fights impressively, knocking f#ckers out, throwing them around, schooling them on the ground, twisting, turning, using an array of techniques, getting fans off their seats, winning against big names, taking massive hits and coming back, WITH A VERY SOLID track record of notable victories...that is the GOAT.

GSP isn't that. He has fought smart, against big names, fought big names, but he doesn't school them. He backs up a lot. He has lost in way less than impressive ways. He is a good fighter, maybe a great fighter utilising the very techniques and gameplans that are suitable for him, but he is not even close to being the GOAT.

And yes, I knew you would praise FM. Haha. No hate bro.

It doesn't mean sambo isn't shallow. It's a shallow sport that means almost nothing.

Yes, it's dog shit. Even in Pride, it was bad. While Anderson was still dominating, Fedor was getting knocked out in the 1st and being dismantled inside 2 rounds.
Your Fedor hate always breaks out full force whenever Anderson loses. It's like that's your valve.

It's Jones and Gsp at the top. No one else is even close at this point.

Fedor is basically Jones, if Jones fought at HW. But even though he's bigger than Fedor, he doesn't. So Jones will probably never overtake Fedor.

Back