• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GSP: " I never enjoyed one moment of my fights."

Goat doing goat things. Didn’t even want to be there and still whopped everyone’s ass he fought. Hahaha.

again go reread this thread n specific post in question.

you quoted a guy saying Diaz doesn’t like fighting as well.

then u you try to add to that how ppl consider Diaz a badass n at the same time criticize unfairly (I guess) gsp.

obviously perception of those 2 fighters isn’t just how they feel about fighting it’s everything else that comes with it.

just like gsp you cherrypicked a favorable quote n ran with it
Special. It was the quote I replied to.You either like fighting or you don’t. There’s no hidden meanings.

In a recent interview, GSP spoke about how he loved what fighting hqs done for him, but he actually hates being in the fights. Says its way too stressful.

I find that impressive. MMA is full of egomaniac mouth breathers with a false sense of confidence. GSP basically admits he is terrfied, but has the courage to continue.
and this is why he ducked Anderson Silva and why he became a point fighter.

Neither did us, GSP.

Well, after you fought Serra I mean, before that you were the GOAT.

I think some do, like Mike Perry or Robbie Lawler. But yeah, I doubt most like the grueling punishment. Even winners get hurt a lot.
There are def some (probably very few) people out there wired to “enjoy” fighting... a larger percentage are probably like GSP - athletic guys that found their way into martial arts and fighting, and mentally push through.

again this is what you said

It has nothing to do with what they said

nick is a “badass” cause he acts like one in n outside the cage

gsp is not considered a “true fighter” cause he ducks, cherrypicks n taps to strikes vs 5’5 journeyman lw

Gsp saying he doesn’t like fighting just reaffirms what was pretty obvious.

it’s pretty straightforward. No amount of nuthugger deflecting will change that
The whole conversation was regarding both fighters disliking fighting. Twisting and turning the topic doesn’t change the original one. And your nutbiting deflection is obvious.

He looks ecstatic in the Jay Hieron fight, doing black flips and cart wheels and his smile was blinding, never seen anyone so happy

Pretty much confirms din thomas theory that gsp is not a natural fighter but an athlete. Also shuts down all the people who were trying to argue against his point

The Diaz brothers have both said this various times in various ways. Are they not fighters?

The quality that makes a fighter a fighter is that they push through and win (or go down fighting) when it would be easier to quit.

Most people (including me, and probably you) think we are fighters, but put to the test, quickly discover that we aren't.

You hear why he retired fairly young.. He despised failure.. He trained so hard, and wanted the impossible all the time. Perfection.

I recall Mike Tyson saying that too. Scared of failure and being humiliated.
I don’t think I ever heard Tyson say that while he was an active fighter but he absolutely said it after he was done.
He actually did a great interview with Michael Kay on Kay’s show Center Stage. He’s incredibly open and honest. Sounds like the weight of the world was on his shoulders.
He also seems a lot happier than he ever was when he was fighting

Has anyone asked him straight up why he changed his style after the Serra loss ?
Why would anyone ask him?

SO I DONT LOSE AGAIN

should be known to all.

I guess that's why he decided to become a blanket for the majority of his championship run

In the words of the GOAT:

7939811538_b3a03305e6.jpg

They are few in numbers but some people are just warriors at heart.

Back