• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GSP: " I never enjoyed one moment of my fights."

Legendary

Ꮥµpǝɹnøʌɐ
@Black
Reaction score
In a recent interview, GSP spoke about how he loved what fighting hqs done for him, but he actually hates being in the fights. Says its way too stressful.

I find that impressive. MMA is full of egomaniac mouth breathers with a false sense of confidence. GSP basically admits he is terrfied, but has the courage to continue.

“I love what fighting gave me: the freedom, the money, all the advantage that comes with it – but I actually don’t like to fight,” he said. “I never enjoyed one second in the Octagon in my entire career. I just liked to do it because I’m just very good with it and I like what it gives me, but I don’t like the actual fight. It’s very stressful.”

The ‘goat’ ladies and gentlemen

Nick Diaz has said essentially the same thing

I haven’t enjoyed a single moment of his fights either!
LOL

I am joking

SHOOK

Maybe that’s why he became a panic wrassler after Serra knocked him out.

<BC1>

Hes always been more of an artist in the cage to me.

Fedor
Jones
GSP
Silva
Wand

GSP

Goat 1A or 1B with Fedor.

I would accept either answer.

Pretty much confirms din thomas theory that gsp is not a natural fighter but an athlete. Also shuts down all the people who were trying to argue against his point

Shows he's closer to a regular guy than a caveman. Also explains his preparation and not taking chances, knowing the stakes. And noticing his weaknesses, since he's analyzing. Lots of fighters bang their head against the wall looking at training hours, but it matters what's done with that time. He looked happy in that interview.

Respect. I don't enjoy going to work either.

"That's why it's called work, and not Happy Fun Time."

Back