GSP enters USADA testing pool

Weren't there rumors of him becoming a spokesperson for VADA? I just remember something dubious about that relationship.
Yes, started by Hendricks. It was proven false. Everything Hendricks said was proven to be a lie. Eventually Hendricks flat out admitted GSP was serious about being tested and Hendricks flat out said he was not doing it.
And all of a sudden he's pushing these drug tests and here it is blowing up so big, he has to take WADA, he fails, then I don't get my title shot. So that's why I'm sitting here saying I don't want the drug tests.

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/9/11/4...s-georges-st-piere-wada-drug-testing-vada-mma

Sent: Saturday, August 17, 2013 6:52 PM

To: Keith Kizer

Cc: Michael Mersch; Firas; Ted

Subject: Re: RE:

Hello all,

We spoke with Georges today and he took his decision so for your information, Georges has decided that if Johny Hendricks does not want to do VADA and prefers your proposed enhanced steroid and drug testing by the Nevada Athletic Commission, Georges will also do it, in addition to VADA.

Be less ignorant.

Yes, started by Hendricks. It was proven false. Everything Hendricks said was proven to be a lie. Eventually Hendricks flat out admitted GSP was serious about being tested and Hendricks flat out said he was not doing it.

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/9/11/4...s-georges-st-piere-wada-drug-testing-vada-mma

Be less ignorant.
You think well-cited facts are going to get through to the haters? If it's not "GSP retired because of USADA!!!" it's "HE WOULDN'T DO WADA TESTING WITH HENDRICKS!!!" or "GSP just lays on people and does nothing! He's so boring!"

Haters gonna hate regardless

VADA is so legit, it's used in the Olympics. Got it. Err..wait.

Nice insults, though, rook.

Good on him.

Still dont think he will fight though.. the UFC will not allow his Reebok "exemption"..

So basically you have no retort to me showing an email where GSP says he will do WADA .. and then Hendricks personally saying GSP was pushing WADA and Hendricks refused to do it.

Thanks for proving yourself a fool.

Schedule him to fight Lawler so he can change his mind.

God damn Bring Fitch and Shield back too so that we can return to the sport of MMA instead of this sports entertainment bullshit.

I know not like USADA has ever hidden test results .. oh wait ...

More troubling than USADA’s fee structure are the accommodations that it seems to have made for clients who either pay more for its services or use USADA on a regular basis. The case of Erik Morales, who has held world titles in three weight divisions, is an example.

On Thursday, Oct. 18, 2012, the website Halestorm Sports reported that Morales had tested positive for a banned substance. Thereafter, Golden Boy and USADA engaged in damage control.

Dan Rafael of ESPN.com spoke with two sources and wrote, “The reason the fight has not been called off, according to one of the sources, is because Morales’ ‘A’ sample tested positive but the results of the ‘B’ sample test likely won’t be available until after the fight. ‘[USADA] said it could be a false positive,’ one of the sources with knowledge of the disclosure said.”

Then, on Friday, one day before the scheduled fight, Keith Idec revealed on Boxing Scene that samples had been taken from Morales on at least three occasions. Final test results from the samples taken on Oct. 17 were not in yet. But both the “A” and “B” samples taken from Morales on Oct. 3 and Oct. 10 had tested positive for clenbuterol. In other words, Morales had tested positive for clenbuterol four times.

The Hendricks fight, by VADA, an organization with a great rep and no shady controversies like USADA.
They follow WADA protocols and use only WADA approved labs.

Vada have certainly got shady controversies..

read up on Ramsus Daamsgard, and Don Catlin most definately has a shady side, ask him about the coverup of Armstrongs testosterone positives, and Conte was involved with them as well. :D

And we dont know they follow wada protocols, they say they do, but we only really have their word for it ;)

Their responses for many of them make no sense. There is one case of VADA I know that was unfortunate
Vada have certainly got shady controversies..

read up on Ramsus Daamsgard, and Don Catlin most definately has a shady side, ask him about the coverup of Armstrongs testosterone positives, and Conte was involved with them as well. :D

And we dont know they follow wada protocols, they say they do, but we only really have their word for it ;)
None of those are VADA coverups. Can you show me some VADA coverups?

Agree but the new owners aren't gonna care about that. They look at gsp and they see money. If he wants to fight, you know damn well they're gonna push him to the front of the line. They can justify it because he was the champ that never lost his belt.

That is true I guess. GSP definitely deserves an instant title match based on his legacy alone. I just feel bad for Wonderboy.

And I feel like the 4 month testing period before GSP can be cleared to fight is plenty of time to force Woodley to defend, since by his own admission Woodley didn't even get hit against Robbie. Right now a Wonderboy-GSP title match is more intriguing, but Woodley can squash all that by convincingly beating the top contender who's on a huge winning streak.

Throw in Woodley vs Thompson as co-main UFC 204.
Have GSP prepare for a New Years / Superbowl card.

This way everyone is happy.

As a GSP fan, I never wanted this day to come. But I suppose it was inevitable.

You can't make a fighter stop fighting till you beat it out of him.

We all realize that he won't be the same, right?

Am I the only one that found Tyron's response to Wonderboy hilarious? I mean, he said he wanted to fight Robbie right?
I laughed my ass off , i think he's reaching with the money fight thing though , GSP is a pipe dream & there not going to pay Nick 350-500K for the fight , shit he might even want more then include Tyrone wanting to get paid . UFC be like fuck that we want Woodley vs Thompson & we will pay them in subway tokens.

Back