GSP enters USADA testing pool

finally. and I don't think he will see change in physiques, he has access to the best of the best with the amount of money that he has
In before plebs saying he left before USADA. All you numb nuts can eat a dick now.
if he had not figure out a way to beat USADA in these almost 3 years that he stayed retired, he would be fucking kidding me

but, of course, that is if he would be dirty

I respect Woodley going for the green. But goddamn. Poor Wonderboy, lmao.
It's a such blatant duck that is disguting
It's not like he's only doing it for the money, he could tell Wonderboy to wait, but instead he told him to fight Lawler, it's clear he's trying to get rid of Stephen

So if he doesn't want the exemption, that rules him out of MSG.

He might just be eligible for an early December PPV, presumably UFC 206. But I think New Year or Super Bowl weekend is more likely. Or Feb-March if they want his return to be in Canada.

Agreed, if the new owners want the UFC to have ANY semblance of legitimacy (though the Hendo-Bisping fight certainly puts them back) they'll make Woodley fight Wonderboy. GSP just entered the testing pool so he's at least 4 months away. If Woodley is so confident, he'll realize that legitimizing his 170lb belt with one defense will set him up for an even bigger payday against GSP. The guy acts like his age/seniority in this sport entitles him to select his opponent. We know he wants that payday, but he hasn't earned the right yet.

Maybe if he played the promotional game for 201 like Conor does all his fights, Woodley would have helped move the needle and entice the UFC with a big money fight.
Agree but the new owners aren't gonna care about that. They look at gsp and they see money. If he wants to fight, you know damn well they're gonna push him to the front of the line. They can justify it because he was the champ that never lost his belt.

Sure most will say he lost his last fight. But he was facing a guy who clearly used PED's and the guy still couldn't finish him.

Captain America was a known PED user.

It's a such blatant duck that is disguting
It's not like he's only doing it for the money, he could tell Wonderboy to wait, but instead he told him to fight Lawler, it's clear he's trying to get rid of Stephen
Don't be triggered and emo. One does not duck by pursuing a fight with Diaz or GSP. That is the opposite of ducking. Either fight will be fun. Wonderboy gets the choice to fight and get paid or wait (just like Woodley did, and other guys have/will). If Woodley gets GSP to stop shooting off at the mouth about a comeback and induces him to ACTUALLY come back, then good job Woodley.

Don't be triggered and emo. One does not duck by pursuing a fight with Diaz or GSP. That is the opposite of ducking. Either fight will be fun. Wonderboy gets the choice to fight and get paid or wait (just like Woodley did, and other guys have/will). If Woodley gets GSP to stop shooting off at the mouth about a comeback and induces him to ACTUALLY come back, then good job Woodley.
Of course it's ducking.
Diaz has not won a fight since 2011, the last time GSP fought was in 2013 and he looked far from his best form.
He's fighting the 2016 versions of them, meanwhile he has a fresh and killer top contender that he's refusing to fight

Whoah.

It's on.

I have GSP firmly below Fedor in the GOAT rankings, but a comeback now could only enhance his rep.

Props.

GSP is the UFC GOAT. I hate how he became a point fighter after Serra but he definitely deserves his respect.

GSP should stay with doing movies or something ... easier money / less work

You mean compared to when he was in the UFC before ... getting randomly tested?
He retired before USADA's random testing. Before that, it was just the standard piss before and after the fight type of testing.

Not sure what he means by "starting august 10th in Vegas"

i think that probably means hes sitting down with a USADA rep, doing his wherabouts filings, rep filling him in on whats expected..
Considering that's today, I expect we'll hear details soon. Can't wait to see GSP back.

I want Wonderboy to get the title shot, but if GSP asks for it, I don't think there's any good argument to make against giving it to him. WW or MW, even.

Great we get to see another Legend get KTFO at age 35-40 , MMA is just like boxing I guess guys just want to get KTFO when they get older .

You really believe that's the issue? Sometimes it's a need for income. This is what they've trained for. What else is someone going to do after retirement other than perhaps train other people? Not everyone is as excellent a coach as they were a competitor. Imagine what it would be like to retire at age 35. People get bored retiring at age 60.

Then there's the financial aspect. 60 years of unemployment. Obviously, some people manage to relay their earnings into remarkable investment opportunities or new forms of income,but to assume that everyone will enjoy such success is just naive.

And then you have the simple fact that many people are actually passionate about training and competing. Why else would hey have become fighters in the first place? For myself, I have all sorts of interests, and giving one up forever would just be insane. Photography, for instance. Sometimes I kill it on a shot. Amazing. Frame it. Done. But I will continue to return to that spot and re-shoot that image over the years. Why not? I enjoy it. The drive to improve is always there. It isn't any different for anyone who is passionate about something.

I hope GSP comes back and dominates, or is at least competitive with the best, but whatever happens it's his life and he's got to do what satisfies him.

Considering that's today, I expect we'll hear details soon. Can't wait to see GSP back.

I want Wonderboy to get the title shot, but if GSP asks for it, I don't think there's any good argument to make against giving it to him. WW or MW, even.

I got a hunch he will fight Lawler

He retired before USADA's random testing. Before that, it was just the standard piss before and after the fight type of testing.
Maybe you miss the part where since 2011 he was trying to get fighters to do random testing with him and none wanted to, and he did it alone when Hendricks refused. GSP was random tested.

m_1015.jpg

WPjd9Bq.jpg

nikgsp_zpshh8xv78f.jpg

Looks like you're right.....
Who is that dime piece in the bottom pic?

Back