GSP confirms he has no plans on retiring

• Thread starter Deleted member 245586
  • Start date
I'm not gonna be surprised if we are calling GSP the GOAT in a few more years.

His run has been incredible. Badass after badass.

EDIT: Also, consider how well he beat Condit. Condit has shown how badass he is in his last few fights, taking Hendricks to an extremely close decision and blasting Kampmann. Yet GSP beat him like the rest. And that was one of GSP's best fights ever as well. Condit is a massive name on GSP's resume.

GSP isnt a middleweight. His weight would put him in the Maia, Shields range. Issue is that his hight is below average for a WW, let alone a MW.

GSP has also beaten everyone at WW, a wrestling centric division and no one can stop his TD.

At some point, hes going to get bored.

Yep, Condit is perhaps my 2nd favorite fighter ever, I've followed him since WEC.

I think it's hilarious people want Hendricks to beat GSP because they hate lay and pray ... when GSP did not Lay and Pray Condit when he could have. Hendricks actually DID lay and pray Condit. I think from now on Condit should only fight in 5 round battles, none of this 3 round crap.

Diaz and GSP are the only WWs I can think of that are capable of beating him in 5 rounds and he already beat one of those two. If GSP retires I think Condit will hold the belt eventually.

Good. Carlos will knock him out and detrhone him in the rematch

yeah condit is on another level since losing to gsp. he won round 3 vs hendricks easily and pounded the shit out of kampmann. lets not talk about the fact that if condit was mortal hendricks would have ko'd him while dominating the first two rounds or that kampmann won the first 1.5- 2 rounds vs condit before gassing or umm....... before condit decided to win

condit 2.0 doesnt get taken down, doesnt lose rounds, or fights. the champ is here

If GSP beats Johny, since returning from ACL surgery, he will have won as many gold belts as the following fighters won throughout their entire UFC careers: Jens Pulver, Renan Barao, Demetrious Johnson, Cain Velasquez, Brock Lesnar, Rich Franklin, Andrei Arlovski, and Frankie Edgar.

Post surgery, GSP has already won at least as many UFC title fights as the following fighters have won throughout their entire UFC careers: prime JDS, prime Frank Mir, prime Shogun Rua, prime Lyoto Machida, prime Rashad Evans, prime Forrest Griffin, prime Rampage, prime Evan Tanner, prime Carlos Newton, and prime Anthony Pettis.

FYI for anyone else ^^ this is the incredibly blowhardy (read: unnecessarily verbose, batshit crazy) way of saying Georges has won two fights since his surgery.

yeah condit is on another level since losing to gsp. he won round 3 vs hendricks easily and pounded the shit out of kampmann. lets not talk about the fact that if condit was mortal hendricks would have ko'd him while dominating the first two rounds or that kampmann won the first 1.5- 2 rounds vs condit before gassing or umm....... before condit decided to win

condit 2.0 doesnt get taken down, doesnt lose rounds, or fights. the champ is here

I love Condit but there is no version of Carlos that doesn't get out grappled by GSP, by a wide margin.

Condit will likely hold UFC gold but I don't think it will be until Georges retires a few fights down the road.

That's Sherdog logic for you: They want Hendricks to beat GSP cuz GSP is a L'n'Prayer... yet they forget to mention that Hendricks L'n'Prayed in the 3rd, 4th and 5th round against Condit to avoid getting finished. :p

The two most talented WW at the moment are Condit and St.Pierre. I'm not hating on Hendricks but let's be honest, he's nowhere near Condit skillwise.

That's just another indictment of MMA judging. How on earth would anyone in their right mind would give GSP the third round?

url

Why not he went down with a head kick and recovered. He the went on to win the whole round. The head kick was the only damage he did.

That's Sherdog logic for you: They want Hendricks to beat GSP cuz GSP is a L'n'Prayer... yet they forget to mention that Hendricks L'n'Prayed in the 3rd, 4th and 5th round against Condit to avoid getting finished. :p

The two most talented WW at the moment are Condit and St.Pierre. I'm not hating on Hendricks but let's be honest, he's nowhere near Condit skillwise.

Did we watch the same fight?

Awesome! GSP is 32. If he really really wanted to he could get atleast 5 years, although I don't know if that's possible. He trains so hard, I wonder about the wear and tear. But he is such an incredible athlete. Who knows, but awesome that's not retiring.

Reminds me of Fedor having "no plans to retire" after the Rizzo fight.

GTFO with the 3rd 4th and 5th round BS. Do you guys even watch these fights.

I wonder what would happen if GSP retires undefeated? Naturally UFC will set up a match to decide who new champion is but would the new champs legitimacy be in question since he didn't beat GSP?

GSP is a true warrior, his title reign is a testament to that. He will go down on his shield but his shield is still intact and his sword is sharp. This will be a great fight, one for the ages.

Back