GSP confirms he has no plans on retiring

• Thread starter Deleted member 245586
  • Start date
Rory-MacDonald-QA-478x2701.jpg

leatherface+pic.jpg

GSP is in control of his own ship. I personally think he should be considering retirement. He can only hold on to that belt for so long. Why go out a shell of your former self, when you can go out on top having proven everything he needs to prove? But he knows better than I do, surely.

GSP has looked great minus the injury and illness in the Diaz fight. He beat Condit in dominant fashion coming off a long layoff, and I still put Condit as the #2 WW ahead of Hendricks (although Hendricks is the rightful contender).

When GSP beats Silva's record maybe he will think about it.

When GPS beats Hendricks I think there will be a strong chance of GSP vs Anderson (whether Anderson beats Weidman or not).

Never happen. Silva no longer wants to drop weight and GSP is a smaller WW, he won't go up to fight. I'd look to an Aldo / GSP fight, that's more likely.

so was the source earlier saying he was - from Zahabi a fraud or was he just speaking for GSP when he shouldn't have?

That was already proven to be a fraud. They asked Firas if GSP should retire. Firas said if he wants to fight, he should, if he isn't motivated, he should retire.

They turned that into Firas said GSP is no longer motivated and is retiring.

They clearly were creating a story where there wasn't one, they should be sued.

I buy the excuse 'rust' after the first fight but after the 2nd fight, I think that acl tear, surgery, and rehab took a lot out of his explosiveness.

He was explosive vs. Condit. He had a severe Achiles injury in the Diaz fight, they thought it would need surgery, so GSP was taking it easy in the fight.

Because minus one kick GSP dominated the rest of the round?

Condit pounced on him and landed a solid number of strikes and got much closer to finishing the fight in that round than GSP did the rest of the fight. Condit should've definitely won that round.

Condit pounced on him and landed a solid number of strikes and got much closer to finishing the fight in that round than GSP did the rest of the fight. Condit should've definitely won that round.

by that logic....

Condit won the striking in rd3, but GSP had several takedowns and won every other aspect of that round. Giving the round to Condit wouldn't be a "bad" call ... but imo GSP took it with it being very close.

Condit won the striking in rd3, but GSP had several takedowns and won every other aspect of that round. Giving the round to Condit wouldn't be a "bad" call ... but imo GSP took it with it being very close.

Its been a while since I've seen it but I don't remember GSP doing much with his takedown or reversal or what have you. I remember some GnP but nothing as significant as the head kick Condit landed.

^^^Really?

If GSP beats Johny, since returning from ACL surgery, he will have won as many gold belts as the following fighters won throughout their entire UFC careers: Jens Pulver, Renan Barao, Demetrious Johnson, Cain Velasquez, Brock Lesnar, Rich Franklin, Andrei Arlovski, and Frankie Edgar.

Post surgery, GSP has already won at least as many UFC title fights as the following fighters have won throughout their entire UFC careers: prime JDS, prime Frank Mir, prime Shogun Rua, prime Lyoto Machida, prime Rashad Evans, prime Forrest Griffin, prime Rampage, prime Evan Tanner, prime Carlos Newton, and prime Anthony Pettis.

Source:
http://www.fightmatrix.com/ufc-records/title-wins/

Seriously. Bitches complain, but the dude is clearly a machine. Anyone remotely objective will concur, whether or not his style is what blows their hair back.

Its been a while since I've seen it but I don't remember GSP doing much with his takedown or reversal or what have you. I remember some GnP but nothing as significant as the head kick Condit landed.

The kick was definitely the most significant blow of the round (fight). But GSP dominated the other 4:30 of the round. I just want to say that fight was so amazing because Condit did the one thing no fighter has in forever .. they FOUGHT. Everyone else is happy to survive losing 50-45 .. Condit went out on his shield, like a boss.

The kick was definitely the most significant blow of the round (fight). But GSP dominated the other 4:30 of the round. I just want to say that fight was so amazing because Condit did the one thing no fighter has in forever .. they FOUGHT. Everyone else is happy to survive losing 50-45 .. Condit went out on his shield, like a boss.

It was definitely a great fight and I agree, not to mention GSP answered the doubters who said his chin wouldn't hold up. He took a head kick and recovered well. I still think he lost the third round but its pretty incredible that he was able to get on top and end the round fairly strong despite getting kicked in the head by one of the best finishers in the sport.

GSP is in control of his own ship. I personally think he should be considering retirement. He can only hold on to that belt for so long. Why go out a shell of your former self, when you can go out on top having proven everything he needs to prove? But he knows better than I do, surely.

Because that never happens. There's always a new crop of contenders and no matter when you leave, there's always next-level guys you didn't fight. If he left today there'd be several great fighters he never fought.

As long as you're performing up to your standards you should keep fighting. Yeah, eventually you'll lose, but it doesn't mean you're washed up. Statistics catch up to everyone. Eventually the odds catch up and you lose fights. Then maybe you can quit if you're not achieving anything anymore. But as the champ, I say fight until you aren't performing well anymore. See how long a run you can go on. Be the biggest champ you can be.

It's easy to say that being a spectator, but imagine giving up your passion and career for good. It can't be easy to walk away from something that you love so much. I understand it would be ideal, but I can see GSP competing for at least through the end of 2014. He's not going to be able to give it up that easy, and while it's sad to think about I can see Georges losing before he hangs them up. It's gonna take something g devastating to make him give it all up.

It was definitely a great fight and I agree, not to mention GSP answered the doubters who said his chin wouldn't hold up. He took a head kick and recovered well. I still think he lost the third round but its pretty incredible that he was able to get on top and end the round fairly strong despite getting kicked in the head by one of the best finishers in the sport.

Yep, Condit is perhaps my 2nd favorite fighter ever, I've followed him since WEC.

I think it's hilarious people want Hendricks to beat GSP because they hate lay and pray ... when GSP did not Lay and Pray Condit when he could have. Hendricks actually DID lay and pray Condit. I think from now on Condit should only fight in 5 round battles, none of this 3 round crap.

He's probably aiming for Anderson's record for consecutive title defenses.

Back