Ground Force Gi picture

Terrier said:
Looks interesting - I'd like to see a couple of patches on there myself.

I'll be needing a new blue Gi soon too - so this is definatly one i'll be watching to see how it develops
I will be making patches for the gi but I don't want to standardize their placements.
I will leave that to customer expression.

Now that's an idea I quite like - send out the patches with the Gi and let the buyer put them where they want.

Very interesting

I was thinking of doing the same thing when our gis arrive. I like the way GF is doing things.

www.SSFgear.com

I'd like to see a trim simmilar to that of the Koral kimonos (down the legs and around the bottom of the gi) with loads of tiny

cannabis_leaf.jpg

on - altho I don't see it happening.

Terrier said:
I'd like to see a trim simmilar to that of the Koral kimonos (down the legs and around the bottom of the gi) with loads of tiny

on - altho I don't see it happening.
I've been battling myself over this. I am hesitant due to peoples view of that image.
Although it is the leaf of the hemp plant, it is still associated with only smoking marijuana, but it would look good. Maybe a patch with a leaf 6 or 7 inches tall with the logo going across the middle or something like that as well huh?

Sounds good to me.

I think the majority of the market you'd be appealing to would share your view on the image, but i'm no market analyst.

I saw a guy with a navy blue gi the other day from Keiko Racca... That looks nice.

I like white, blue, black..... thats it for me..

Is there a color restriction for competition? Ron I was thining of doing an army-like green or something similar.

White, blue and black are legal everywhere now. Green will work for most comps, maybe not the Worlds.

www.SSFgear.com

70 said:
I agree with Ron.
I am thinking of doing a limited edition gi in army green with light green hemp leaf embroidered on the pant leg and under the neck, with the logo across it, I don't know...
just an idea.

ground force said:
I am thinking of doing a limited edition gi in army green with light green hemp leaf embroidered on the pant leg and under the neck, with the logo across it, I don't know...
just an idea.

Personally, this is the one I would buy (if I wore Gi's). But I don't know...

On the one hand, people like my parents immediately assume "hemp" is evil by association. They despise marijuana so strongly it's as if they want to see anything associated with it fail. So you might not be alienating that many people since those you risk alienating already oppose it.

On the other hand...I dunno, man, it just doesn't seem like good business. Because those like me, who support marijuana and hemp (by association)- those who would buy your gis primarily in order to support the cause- would probably buy your gis regardless of whether the leaf was on there or not.

Sometimes politics can be useful in business, but it seems to me, especially with a topic as divisive as this, you'd be safer to present your product more "professionally" and emphasize the points you made in your post on hemp's attributes vs. cotton.

ground force said:
just an idea.

Depending on price I would probabaly go for that.

ground force said:
just an idea.

I like the idea minus the hemp leaf. People are ignorant and it will definitely give the wrong impression.

Madmick said:
Personally, this is the one I would buy (if I wore Gi's). But I don't know...

On the one hand, people like my parents immediately assume "hemp" is evil by association. They despise marijuana so strongly it's as if they want to see anything associated with it fail. So you might not be alienating that many people since those you risk alienating already oppose it.

On the other hand...I dunno, man, it just doesn't seem like good business. Because those like me, who support marijuana and hemp (by association)- those who would buy your gis primarily in order to support the cause- would probably buy your gis regardless of whether the leaf was on there or not.

Sometimes politics can be useful in business, but it seems to me, especially with a topic as divisive as this, you'd be safer to present your product more "professionally" and emphasize the points you made in your post on hemp's attributes vs. cotton.
yeah you're probably right, maybe I'll wait a few years on that idea. but the green still might look cool.

I like the olive drab idea. I'd buy it sans the leaf. Nothing against marijuana smokers, I just don't think it's relevant to jiu jitsu. Maybe something else, like a peace sign or a unity sign since it is "the gentle art".

As for comepitions, I thought only blue and white were allowed in MAJOR tourneys (pan am, arnolds, etc). NAGA allows you to wear anything you want, which I don't agree with as you get Karate guys wearing their thin ass red/black/gold gi's that rip when you grip too hard.

Back