Ground Force Gi picture

SSF

SSFgear.com
Reaction score
GroundForce%20gi.jpg
ok guys here is what we've all be waiting for.

Looks nice.. I don't particularly care for the color though.. kidding of course!

Thanks again Ron!

Guys If you are wize you will do business with SSFGEAR.com, Ron truley cares about his clients and MMA.
and carries the best of the best in MMA.
Well guys it' finally here. I just picked up the first one off the press on Sat. night. i need to make some slight adjustments in the pattern, but this shouldn't hold anything up.
So now we go into production wich will take a few weeks. Then they will be available for ordering.

A little re-cap about the new HEMP gi.

Why Hemp?
- Hemp fibers tencil strength is 4x's stronger than cotton fiber. Which allows me to make a much lighter gi, perfect for hot weather training.

-Hemp is considered an "anti-microbial" fabric. This means mold and fungus can't continue to live and breed once it has reached the surface of the fabric.(for those of us who sometimes forget to wash our gis).

-Hemp is a porous fabric(under magnification it has many holes) this allows sweat to be wicked up very quickly, as this happens air passes through the porous fibers cooling you off faster than cotton.
also is colder weather it helps to retain body warmth.

-Hemp garments last ages longer than cotton. First Levi's were made of a similar canvas weave to what I am using. the first American flags were made from it too.(both still around by the way)

-Hemp is one of the only fibers that gets stronger when it's wet. Washing in extreme temperatures will not harm it.

-Hemp when washed, constantly reveals new surface area, making it softer and softer with each wash,yet keeping it's strength.

A little on the gi:

-top- 100% hemp canvas weave, 12 oz per linear foot. approx 2 lbs. Most cotton gis are between 15 and 22 oz.
the seam runs across the chest and under the sleeves. in the size medium( as shown) I am 5'10"
152 lbs. this gi is approx 31" from top to bottom. The collar is about 3/8 of an inch.
After the first wash it will shrink a bit and the fabric may appear to be wrinkly. this however will relax with a few washes, or you can iron it and it will relax quicker.

-the pants- 55% hemp/ 45%cotton. twill weave 10.5oz. , (similar to MKimonos weave)
I chose this fabric because hemp doesn't stretch, cotton allows more flexibility in the legs were it's needed. they are tappered and have the logo embroidered on the bottom of the pant on back and front. and it has a lot of double reinforced areas for durability.

-price will range due to size and color: $125-$160 ( natural, white, blue, and black will be available in 2006)but for now we will be doing natural and possibly white. Hydrogen peroxide based bleach only!

any questions or comments.. post here or email me: [email protected]

Very cool. I will be needing a new blue gi, and will put you guys on my list!

The collar looks extremely thin, how does it compare to lets say Mkimonos or Koral?

Any Sherdog Special to get the word out? $75 to the first 15 people who buy, or something like that?

70 said:
The collar looks extremely thin, how does it compare to lets say Mkimonos or Koral?

Good question, add the Gameness in their too for comparision.

70 said:
Yes it is rather thin and that is one of the things we will be tweaking. it's going to be about 3/8 of an inch in thickness. It has a special nylon covered foam insert that we will be making double size from what you see here. The hemp collar doesn't stretch and with the added thickness it will make it hard to get collar choked. If not just get better at defending them :D

Fishwrist 'n' Belk said:
thanks man I need a new gi, what colors do they have now
For now we will be doing natural and white. Blue and black will be added in 2006.

b0b said:
Any Sherdog Special to get the word out? $75 to the first 15 people who buy, or something like that?
I am considering something like this. but I plan on at least giving a free colored belt with the first few sold.

70 said:
Will SSF be carrying your gi's?

I'm just as excited about this (GF hemp gi) as all of you. I hope that Jim and I can work something out, let's see.

looks sick...i dunno why though i really like my mizuno and wouldt think about changing

Looks interesting - I'd like to see a couple of patches on there myself.

I'll be needing a new blue Gi soon too - so this is definatly one i'll be watching to see how it develops

Back