grill temp for steaks?

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
I am really excited to try a steak this way. Unfortunately my wand won't ship until October. I think I am going to start with a 48 hour brisket and then try steaks.
I usually do rib eyes and strip steaks, but have tried most cuts and all have worked well. I usually add a little olives oil then rub fish garlic on steaks before Seasoning with salt and pepper. I usually cook them for 2 to 3 hours, then sear in a hot pan with a pad of butter, fresh thyme or rosemary, and a little more fish garlic, and baste to the steak while Turing 360° in the pan. Only sear for about 1 min then let rest for a few mins before eating.

That myth has been busted. You can flip to your heart's content. In fact, flipping often cooks the steak more evenly and makes for a better product.

And it is faster.

http://www.seriouseats.com/2013/07/the-food-lab-flip-your-steaks-and-burgers-multiple-times-for-better-results.htm

Get with the times brah.

Hipster bullshit. One flip, no fuss, no muss. Ron Swanson. ; )

Seriously though, I don't think it matters as long as you know what you're doing. That article you posted isn't mythbusting anything... it's a single example by a single person doing something, and the end results are almost exactly the same.

Hipster bullshit. One flip, no fuss, no muss. Ron Swanson. ; )

Seriously though, I don't think it matters as long as you know what you're doing. That article you posted isn't mythbusting anything... it's a single example by a single person doing something, and the end results are almost exactly the same.

Not believing and following retarded food myths isn't hipster behavior. I hate hipsters with a burning white hot passion. Oh, and there are endless examples of people debunking the stupid "only flip it once" idea. I cook my steak over coals that are too hot to leave it there for long, so I have to flip often. It goes way faster and cooks more evenly, and since I have a nice deck and a beer in my hand it is enjoyable to do.

The results are not similar. I don't want any disgusting grey overcooked meat in my steak.

<18><19><35>

Back