griffin didnt verbally submit to silva

Forrest vs. Silva no tap. On the other hand, Shogun vs. Jones is the definition of a tap to strikes.

2wn1laf_jpg.gif

Griffin went out swinging in that fight. I mean I don't like him as a fighter but there was no quit in him even though he was dominated.

He sure looked mentally and physically defeated, his arms out like that can be taken as him waving Silva off or desperately trying to keep him at bay. Either way to have allowed that fight to continue would have been cruel, and Forrest never kicked up a stink about it he just ran out of the cage embarrassed.

Agreed. Much like Forrest just waves his arms instinctively while barely conscious, Kos kinda leans up on his elbows and flails his legs in the general direction of his opponent... doesn't mean he was in any position to protect himself. There is no need for additional punches in either fight IMO, they were clearly over. Eyes open does not always mean conscious and it certainly doesn't mean able to intelligently defend.

Exactly, both guys may/may not have been out cold but to have allowed either fight to go on would have just meant numerous undefended shots to the head for both guys.

He's posting up with his arms, hard to do that when you're unconscious. I don't even like Kos, but I think that stoppage was a little early.

What? He was out before he hit the canvas. You know, unconscious, lights out. Do you also think that the referee shouldn't have stopped the fight if Terry Etim woke up after hitting the canvas (vs Barboza)? He was out cold also. That's when you stop the fight. Good stoppage.

Forrest vs. Silva no tap. On the other hand, Shogun vs. Jones is the definition of a tap to strikes.

I'm actually pretty sure it should be BEFORE the fight got stopped to really be the DEFINITION of a tap to strikes. That way it could even be recorded as a tap to strikes...

I came here to ask - did anyone ever say he verbally submitted?!

Not that I know of, however whenever I see one of these threads denying something, it does make me think that there is at least a decent chance that it did happen.

But I'm a bit contrary by nature.

he didnt verbally submit. but his body signalled for it

I always thought he was waving the fight off. He just kinda flops on the ground, flat legged and flat on his back and puts his hands up in a surrendering kind of gesture.

Not that I know of, however whenever I see one of these threads denying something, it does make me think that there is at least a decent chance that it did happen.

But I'm a bit contrary by nature.

I experience this so often on Sherdog. People who passionately argue against something isn't even a popular viewpoint, often very long after the fight as if they finally saw it for the first time. I've come to assume that they're reacting to single posts in threads that they're afraid their own post will get drowned in, but who know really?

Back