griffin didnt verbally submit to silva

CHOADNAUT**

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Essentially my point is when a fighter gets dropped and rushed back to his feet by the other fighter and ref they put their arms out similar to Griffin as they try to get their legs under em.
Forrest got super folded multiple times and definitely had little to no control of his limbs except what his rocked brain could muster up.

I do agree he had the face of a beat fighter, but he didn't shell... he went out on instincts

Yeah not the best way too go out.. Cant really say much more than that

his body language signaled defeat. He kind of waved off the fight himself

This, he actually waved Anderson away. He wasn't out cold and that wasn't simple flailing. Watch the Rashad fight to see the difference.

pretty sure i heard him talk about this somewhere and he said he wasn't telling the ref to end the fight. he was instinctively trying to get distance between silva and his face by putting his arms out

he mentally submitted, the ref read griffin's mind.

Anderson felt bad for Forrest in that fight.

He was done man. But it does look like it was a natural reaction by Griffin. Like maybe he was trying to get ready for Silva to fall into his deadly guard of destruction? I don't know?

silva_ko.gif

I consider it a textbook TKO.

He was not fully unconscious, but he could not intelligently defend himself when the ref stepped in.

Like maybe he was trying to get ready for Silva to fall into his deadly guard of destruction? I don't know?

I remember after Paulo Thiago knocked out Koscheck people claimed he was "pulling guard" because his legs flopped in the air after the fall to the canvas woke him up from his nap

paulo-thiago_josh-koscheck.gif

whatever it was, it was a career killer for Forrest. Never the same, never a contender again after that embarrassment

I remember after Paulo Thiago knocked out Koscheck people claimed he was "pulling guard" because his legs flopped in the air after the fall to the canvas woke him up from his nap

He's posting up with his arms, hard to do that when you're unconscious. I don't even like Kos, but I think that stoppage was a little early.

On a related note, who you guys got in the Rocky Marciano vs Jersey Joe Walcott fight?

I never heard or read about a verbal submission, he visually submitted though, that's for sure. He was obviously finished.

there's been so much crap talked about that fight with thiago.there's a picture of kos when he lifted hs head,and his eye are looking in diffrent directions.that was never an early stoppage it was spot on.

there's been so much crap talked about that fight with thiago.there's a picture of kos when he lifted hs head,and his eye are looking in diffrent directions.that was never an early stoppage it was spot on.

Agreed. Much like Forrest just waves his arms instinctively while barely conscious, Kos kinda leans up on his elbows and flails his legs in the general direction of his opponent... doesn't mean he was in any position to protect himself. There is no need for additional punches in either fight IMO, they were clearly over. Eyes open does not always mean conscious and it certainly doesn't mean able to intelligently defend.

I never heard or read about a verbal submission, he visually submitted though, that's for sure. He was obviously finished.

I came here to ask - did anyone ever say he verbally submitted?!

Back