Gregor is Khabib’s toughest matchup.

This dudes MMA wrestling is extremely legit possibly better than Khabibs. Gregor has to be the toughest stylistic matchup for Khabib at 155. I’d say Askren, Gregor, Cormier and Khabib have the best wrestling in MMA right now.

Who you think takes this fight?
That's a bold MFin' statement, I've been to Amsterdam and apparently so have you.

OK, he made some records in his univercity.

Seriously, I'm not sure what qualifies a wrestler as "borderline Olympic". I'm sure that had he come to Olympic trials, he would've been accepted. But so would most of Division I wreslters, wouldn't they?

Do you consider Weidman borderline Olympic? Jared Rosholt ? Blaydes? Brock?

He's a better wrestler than anyone you mentioned.

Seriously, I'm not sure what qualifies a wrestler as "borderline Olympic". I'm sure that had he come to Olympic trials, he would've been accepted. But so would most of Division I wreslters, wouldn't they?

he won a national championship at D1 level.

I think that registers someone as pretty close to Olympic level.

LOL thanks for a good laugh, "MMA expert".
Even if you sit anoth 12 years on sherdog, your undeveloped IQ won't let you know anything substantial about MMA, just like you don't know anything now.
Lol you have 2x the posts I have in 1/5 the time. If anyone needs to stop sitting on Sherdog it’s definitely you bro.

I've heard of borderline retarded, not sure about this borderline Olympic talk. Even if he did do well in his university*.

<Baelish01>

Lol you have 2x the posts I have in 1/5 the time. If anyone needs to stop sitting on Sherdog it’s definitely you bro.

I'm 2x smarter than you and >2x more knowledgeable in MMA and ita aspects.
But that's because I'm a fast learner.

This dudes MMA wrestling is extremely legit possibly better than Khabibs. Gregor has to be the toughest stylistic matchup for Khabib at 155. I’d say Askren, Gregor, Cormier and Khabib have the best wrestling in MMA right now.

Who you think takes this fight?
cejudo's wrestling>gregor and khabib

I need to see him against a top 15 guy first but I like him. I think he has potential

For all the talk about how stacked the UFC's 155 division is, it is really almost completely absent of accomplished wrestlers, which is part of the reason why Khabib has ragdolled everyone. So in that sense it could be quite interesting, but would be nice to see Gregor fight someone in the top 10 before declaring he's legit.

It wouldn't shock me if he outwrestled Khabib and I'm not even a big Gregor fan.

You think this is bad? Ever heard of a fighter named Zabit?
Yeah and he's got 1.2m followers. I have zero clue why though, no other hyped up fighter has anywhere near that kind of following. Not sure if it's a russian or a muslim thing.

It’s called using your eyes and watching fights instead of studying records on Sherdog.
It's called not getting carried away by hype trains. I remember when Marc Diakiese would "smash Mcgregor" after he beat some nobody.

He's looked very impressive, but hasn't beaten anyone for me to be confident he's Khabib's toughest matchup. The guy can also probably make 145, and with two high level wrestlers that size difference can definitely matter.

He won the 149 pound NCAA national championship in 2007. I think his wrestling is good enough to compete with Khabib. Only one way to find out.

I am very impressed with him so far, but I would still need to see more and better opponents against him. but yeah he is very skilled and I can see him going to the top..

Gregor is an awesome swarmer, but he can't touch khabibs GNP. I honestly don't know who would get favorable positioning when they fight, but I do know that khabib has savage GNP and Gregor doesn't.

Back