Gregor is Khabib’s toughest matchup.

RudimarChute

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
This dudes MMA wrestling is extremely legit possibly better than Khabibs. Gregor has to be the toughest stylistic matchup for Khabib at 155. I’d say Askren, Gregor, Cormier and Khabib have the best wrestling in MMA right now.

Who you think takes this fight?

This dudes MMA wrestling is extremely legit possibly better than Khabibs. Gregor has to be the toughest stylistic matchup for Khabib at 155. I’d say Askren, Gregor, Cormier and Khabib have the best wrestling in MMA right now.

Who you think takes this fight?

Huh?
How about Gregor tries to apply his wrestling on someone from top 30 first?
Because it did not happen yet....

Interesting matchup. Gregor has the cardio and wrestling to make it interesting. I don’t think most would say he is Khabib’s wrestling equal, but his cardio and a good gameplan might make for an interesting bout.

Don't think so and we haven't seen enough of him to even assess anything .
Tony is the most dangerous match in lightweight hands down .

Huh?
How about Gregor tries to apply his wrestling on someone from top 30 first?
Because it did not happen yet....
Yeah, he seems humble and said as much at one of the post-fight interviews.

Interesting matchup. Gregor has the cardio and wrestling to make it interesting. I don’t think most would say he is Khabib’s wrestling equal, but his cardio and a good gameplan might make for an interesting bout.

Not close to being Khabib's wrestling equal.

For all we know, maybe Khabilov is better wrestler than him

Yeah, he seems humble and said as much at one of the post-fight interviews.

That's cool. He seems to be overrated now. Overrated in terms of ranking.
He built a nice winning streak, but the opposition is not on the level.

He does seem pretty impressive.

His wrestling background is borderline-Olympic level and he starched every opponent in the UFC.

Hard to make a reasonable guess at how he'd do against Khabib.

My hope is that Khabib's expertise in submission grappling will give him the edge in grappling exchanges (as opposed to Gregor's total wrestling style).

Seeing things like rolling knee-bars and standing kimuras would be great and could give Khabib the edge against Gregor.

Where do you get the data about cardio when he's never been 5 rounds before?. + If we talk pure wrestling gregor is superior but khabib's got a more complete grappling game. Even if gregor can take Khabib down i dont think its gonna be nice time for him

It's too early to say that, but I do agree I suppose. He's going to give anyone problems

He needs to beat somebody relevant firstly. I like him, but he has fought guys who can't grapple.

Why do you say that? Sure he's an Division I All American, but what else? Anything outstanding?

Strictly basing this off his wikipedia page

He continued wrestling for Edinboro University, where he was a four-time NCAA Division I All-American and won a national championship in 2007. He was the first true freshman All-American in school history, and also holds the school record for most career wins (152), most wins as a freshman (40), and highest winning percentage (.917).

It amazes me how people can be so confident in a dude that hasn't beaten anybody yet.

Strictly basing this off his wikipedia page

OK, he made some records in his univercity.

Seriously, I'm not sure what qualifies a wrestler as "borderline Olympic". I'm sure that had he come to Olympic trials, he would've been accepted. But so would most of Division I wreslters, wouldn't they?

Do you consider Weidman borderline Olympic? Jared Rosholt ? Blaydes? Brock?

Once you learn about MMA you will be able to notice these things.

LOL thanks for a good laugh, "MMA expert".
Even if you sit anoth 12 years on sherdog, your undeveloped IQ won't let you know anything substantial about MMA, just like you don't know anything now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back