Greatest ducking and dodging in MMA history?

silva-gsp.jpg

Bs Tito fought chuck twice. He wasn't scared he just wanted to get paid what he was worth, especially considering he and shammy saved the UFC from going under.
he fought chuck after 2 years of bsing

Tito/Chuck
Rickson/Sakuraba
(and Tamura also refused Saku's challenges while they were in PRIDE, he only accepted a fight when Sak was 100% shot)

Anderson ducking the LHW division. <6>

And Tito not showing up for that sparring/boxing bout with Dana, it was a once in a lifetime to witness Dana getting pummeled and injured and friggin Tito blew it again.
Probably the ducking that made me go "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" the hardest in my life....

Tito/Chuck
Rickson/Sakuraba
(and Tamura also refused Saku's challenges while they were in PRIDE, he only accepted a fight when Sak was 100% shot)

Anderson ducking the LHW division. <6>

And Tito not showing up for that sparring/boxing bout with Dana, it was a once in a lifetime to witness Dana getting pummeled and injured and friggin Tito blew it again.
Probably the ducking that made me go "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" the hardest in my life....
How do you duck a division you fought 4 times in?

The ultimate duck is Fedor for ducking the UFC for 9 years

Yeah Tito ducking Chuck was my first thought.

Jones ducking the whole LHW division when he refused to take a short notice fight and got a whole card scrapped.
Oh man, I remember that! UFC 166.6, Jones v. The Entire LHW Division just hours before his original fight with BJ Penn was scrapped and he DUCKED them all what a can. Then I couldn't watch UFC that night so I ate at Little Cesar's and cried.

Lol @ Conor ducking fw, he left the division ablaze.

Anderson befriending Lyoto and Jones so he didn't have to fight them.

Fedor ducking UFC is the top. Not only would he have been highest paid fighter he had a good shot to win as it was weak,

Tyrun hasnt ducked WB yet until next fight is decided. He's tryin tho.

Barnett avoiding Fedor like he owes Fedor money.....

Plz lock thread now

This is a good one. He was offered the fight in 2006 but instead decided to rematch Nogueira who he had defeated earlier that year and then pissed hot before the Affliction fight.

Fedor ducking UFC is the top. Not only would he have been highest paid fighter he had a good shot to win as it was weak,

Tyrun hasnt ducked WB yet until next fight is decided. He's tryin tho.

I don't know about being the highest paid fighter if he came to the UFC post Pride. He's never been a huge draw in America and if he had lost his aura of invincibility like he did in Strikeforce he would have been drawing even less.

His M-1 contract was very lucrative and I think he made seven figures in each fight in Affliction, Strikeforce and M-1. I'm not as pissed about Fedor never fighting in the UFC as many other posters here because we still got to see him against five top 10 heavyweights in Affliction and Strikeforce.

I can think of a couple, but Tito ducking Chuck with his whole, "we pinky swore we wouldn't fight each other" routine is probably at the top. Though Woodley ducking Wonderboy with all his delusional rants is quickly gaining ground as my #1, especially since he tried to pull the race card. Honorable mention to Khalib Starnes and his in cage ducking of Nate Quarry. Any others to add to the list?

Anderson ducking Chris Weidman like a plague then fights him when he was coming off a lay off I believe longer than a year and then get ktfo while clowning like ...one himself.

Back