Greatest ducking and dodging in MMA history?

Ronda ducking Cyborg for half a decade
GSP ducking Silva

GSP said he would fight Silva at 170. Anderson never fought the best at 205. Why was it expected of GSP and not Silva? I guess by your logic we could also say that Silva was ducking the champion at 205 right? There is a reason they have weight classes.

GSP said he would fight Silva at 170. Anderson never fought the best at 205. Why was it expected of GSP and not Silva? I guess by your logic we could also say that Silva was ducking the champion at 205 right? There is a reason they have weight classes.

Most people do say Silva was ducking Jones, but try to give GSP a pass. Saying he will fight him at 170 isn't the same as not ducking. If he agreed to fight at 178 that would be a different story, but he never once agreed to come half way.

He isn't quite there yet, but Tyrun's ducking of Wonderboy will reach epic levels. I promise you that.

Most people do say Silva was ducking Jones, but try to give GSP a pass. Saying he will fight him at 170 isn't the same as not ducking. If he agreed to fight at 178 that would be a different story, but he never once agreed to come half way.

I don't think anyone was ducking. Not only was GSP expected to move up and fight he was expected to take on one of the greatest fighters ever. Again Anderson never went up and fought the champ at 205. If you're going to call GSP out you need to call Anderson out. I think they're both great and they both took on and beat everyone in their divisions.

I dont understand why it's considered as if Woodley is ducking Wonderboy. His rationale is based on maximizing his earnings in the next fight, surely a fight with Nick Diaz or GSP is to be considered more of a money fight than a fight with Wonderboy?

That's bulsh*t. You hear far more often people saying GSP ducked Silva but giving a pass to Silva, than people saying Silva ducked Jones but giving a pass to GSP.

Do you actually read threads?

The best excuse you hear is : "Well AS called out GSP, so GSP ducked him. Jones never called out AS." So now calling out smaller fighters is something positive?
If Bisping calls out McGregor or even Woodley, is it a negative on them if they don't answer the call?

You should try to pick a fight in higher weight classes, not in lower weight classes.

Tyrun ducked Lombard and is now ducking Wonderboy hard. What a beast!

That's bulsh*t. You hear far more often people saying GSP ducked Silva but giving a pass to Silva, than people saying Silva ducked Jones but giving a pass to GSP.

Do you actually read threads?

The best excuse you hear is : "Well AS called out GSP, so GSP ducked him. Jones never called out AS." So now calling out smaller fighters is something positive?
If Bisping calls out McGregor or even Woodley, is it a negative on them if they don't answer the call?

You should try to pick a fight in higher weight classes, not in lower weight classes.

GSP fan detected.

When the WW GOAT and MW GOAT, and current #1 and #2 p4p fighters are active champs in the same organization, calling out the lighter man is fair game.

Jones didn't just not call out Anderson Silva, he said he didn't want to fight him. Silva not only said he would fight Jones, at one point he said he wanted to fight him.

http://en.espn.co.uk/ufc/sport/story/179721.html

Back