Greatest cancelled fights of all time in each weight division

How about Big John not being allowed to participate at UFC 1.

HilariousClutteredAmazonparrot.webp

Would have been a completely different story. He'd have hurt Royce.

Randy and Fedor was big talk for years

sure, but did you also know that Coleman basically was given the Pride GP final's match because he did a work for Takada? compared to Igor's road to the finals Coleman's was a cakewalk.

in UFC, Coleman's chance to beat him is by cut, if not, he'll gas and get lit up.
Igor quits imo (again)

While most immediately think of the big champions (or former champs) when it comes to cancelled fights, my biggest missed fight featured two that really werent the highest level.
Condit vs Brown back in 2013 (the first time they were scheduled) had the makings to be one hell of a fight for the Just Bleed Gods.

Pettis was never a fw. He said he only did the cut once because of the title shot offer, but it almost killed him and he felt fucked up for like six months after.

This is a lot of work man.

RDA Conor is definitely LW. RDA was going to absolutely annihilate that guy.

jones versus Johnson would have been great to see.

I just can’t think of that many cancelled fights

This was when RDA was moving camps, living in Singapore and losing consciousness during weight cuts, Alvarez knocked him out a few months later, feel like it would have been a bad time for RDA against mcgregor at the time

whoa, Igor Vovchanchyn was supposed to compete at UFC 11? or are you talking about another Igor. cuz if it was Vovchanchyn he would've beat the fuck out of everyone, and yes, i am a completely biased Vovchanchyn fan boy.

Igor quits imo (again)

Competitors at UFC11:
Scott Ferrozzo, Tank Abbott, Mark Coleman, Brian Johnston, Jerry Bohlander, Fabio Gurgel, Sam Adkins, Reza Nasri, Julian Sanchez

Scratch one of the last two out and put Igor in there...and shit just got real.

Tank x Igor
200px-Igor_Vovchanchyn.jpg

HW honorable mention: Ken Shamwow vs Kimbo Slice* Shamrocked was replaced by Seth Peteuzzeli who KOed Kimbo Slice in under a minute.

Did Shamrock blade himself to get out of fighting Kimbo Slice?? It was a very suspicious issue
Was Ken scared of losing name brand value if he was KOed by Kimbo Slice, so he found a way out??

I don’t think he tried to get out of the Kimbo fight...

Especially considering Shamrock went ahead and fought Kimbo when he was like 90 (and many speculate that it was a work and he let Kimbo win)

Shamrock was also supposed to fight Coleman in Pride as well as Vovchanchyn...

(Tra Telligman actually stepped in for Shamrock and gave Vovchanchyn the business)

Aldo vs Josh Grispi (I'm pretty sure it was Aldo)

This was when Grispi was doing really well and before he fell off terribly and then turned into a nutcase (or just revealed his real self)

Aldo vs Josh Grispi (I'm pretty sure it was Aldo)

This was when Grispi was doing really well and before he fell off terribly and then turned into a nutcase (or just revealed his real self)

I remember this...

Porier beat the shit out of him in his UFC debut, if I recall correctly, and he couldn’t buy a win after that.

HW: Fedor Emelianenko vs Josh Barnnet, but HMC vs Brock Lensar would have been insane.
LHW: Jon Jones vs Rumble, but personally Mousasi vs Gus
MW: I thought of one, but I forgot and can't remember
WW: Hughes vs Karo Parysian
LW: Khabib vs Fergusson, or Conor vs RDA
FW: Aldo vs Pettis
BW: Benavidez vs Kid Yamamoto

Mw Bisping VS Romero lol
I mean that fight wasnt ever offically scheduled but we needed that fight

BJ Penn and Carlos Condit would have been a great one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back